President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Mar 2019, 21:12

Jimbo, if a head of state has his political enemies jailed or killed, the citizenry isn't living in a free society.

Is that something you care about?

Please answer yes or no.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Mar 2019, 21:45

Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, if a head of state has his political enemies jailed or killed, the citizenry isn't living in a free society.

Please answer yes or no.

To save you the googling for Jimbo's inevitable answer.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 14 Mar 2019, 22:32

Sneelock wrote:The President of the United States once again hints at potential hooliganism if he doesn’t get what he wants.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ary-police

BREAKING NEWS: US Secret Service Fired En Masse, Replaced By Hell's Angels.

Trump: "Everybody Cool Out Man, And Let's Get Into A Groove."
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Mar 2019, 01:35

Snarfyguy wrote:Jimbo, if a head of state has his political enemies jailed or killed, the citizenry isn't living in a free society.

Please answer yes or no.

:lol: You're asking this as if the US is a paragon of freedom. But no. Killing is bad. Then I remember what Chomsky said

If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged.

https://chomsky.info/1990____-2/

But if you want to be realistic about life in the big city it seems like those at the top do do very unpleasant things to a. stay in power or b. ensure their policies get done. JFK comes to my mind first.

And short of killing, there are criminal things some pols will do to their own ensure a win. (HRC vs Sanders. Framing Assange. Jailing Manning. And so on.)

Re Putin, aside from what the US media said what proof do you have? He certainly didn't pull the trigger and other media have other opinions. What choice does that leave a thinking, open-minded person other than to be skeptical, especially when he is demonized just for riding a horse while bare chested. :shock:

And my larger point was if not for the Russiagate hysteria you likely wouldn't even know let alone care. The US has much bigger problems to take care of for its own people than to worry about a killing 2000 miles from home. If ever a "gate" was needed it should be "Electiongate" where. i.e., voters are wiped off rolls for having similar names to felons. The US needs to take care of its own shit before freaking out about what Putin is supposedly, maybe ... I mean look at him. Bond villain if ever I saw one!

Jesus wept.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 15 Mar 2019, 03:34

Jimbo wrote:Re Putin, aside from what the US media said what proof do you have? He certainly didn't pull the trigger...

What even is the point with this? Whether I cite a pile of websites or a worldwide consensus, you'll just think the sources are biased or something.

Your compulsive "debunking" of everything is starting to seem rote and defensive, as though your worldview were at stake.

Jimbo wrote:And my larger point was if not for the Russiagate hysteria you likely wouldn't even know let alone care.

This reminds me of Manafort's defense that if it weren't for the investigation, he wouldn't have gotten caught, to the first element of that. To the second, that's pretty presumptuous.

There's some other wrong stuff with your post that, given enough time, I will turn to.
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 15 Mar 2019, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Mar 2019, 10:53

Different sources offer varying estimates of Obama 2012-Trump 2016 voters. The ANES found that about 13% of all Trump voters cast a ballot for Obama in 2012. Meanwhile, the CCES found a slightly smaller figure of around 11%. Lastly, the UVA Center for Politics poll found that about 15% of Trump voters claimed to have backed Obama four years earlier. :shock: Using these percentages (not rounded) and Trump’s overall 2016 vote total, estimates of the raw number of such Obama-Trump voters range from about 6.7 million to 9.2 million. That’s a wide range, and considering the caveats regarding voter recall of past votes, it is important to be clear about the relative uncertainty of these figures.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... were_there

And watch those numbers jump up if Biden or any of the other establishment grifters run in 2020. And watch how the DNC and the MSM will screw Bernie and Gabbard as the primaries come up. I've already seen somewhere that Gabbard won't be allowed to debate. I hope it isn't true but it'd be typical. :roll:
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Mar 2019, 17:45

"This week, Russian lawmakers advanced a package of new legislation aimed at curtailing internet freedom. Among the laws awaiting the president's eventual signature is a measure that would allow authorities to jail individuals for insulting government officials online."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/09/euro ... index.html

What wouldn't Trump give for such a bill here?

EDIT: That article's around a week old. I understand Putin's now signed the bill or bills into law.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Mar 2019, 06:16

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/resp ... 3925719952

And Snarf, despite CNN's purple prose, If Russia is censoring its internet then that's troubling but none of our business. It's the Russian people's problem. Consider, too, that there's already been plenty of internet fuckery from both the US government and with quasi-governmental corporations.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 19 Mar 2019, 19:43

Q: When does the revocation of civil rights in other countries rise to the level of "our business?"

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 19 Mar 2019, 19:47

Snarfyguy wrote:Q: When does the revocation of civil rights in other countries rise to the level of "our business?"

A: When he can blame it on a democrat that doesn't pass Jimbo's personal progressive purity test.

It has never had anything to do with caring about others for him. I think he's made that very, very clear.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Mar 2019, 20:06

it's the Democrats fault that President TRUMP is a jackass.
she's said a lot of stuff I like - none of that "new cold war" stuff is among it.

progressives who champion oligarchy are something I'm finding very hard to get used to.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2019, 00:08

Snarfyguy wrote:Q: When does the revocation of civil rights in other countries rise to the level of "our business?"

A. After we see to our civil rights.

It's baffling how you don't acknowledge the hypocrisy in your concern for other countries civil rights when worldwide polls show that people (and I) think the US is the number one threat to the world, especially to Russia. That presidential hopefuls Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker and other Democrats support Trump's Venezuela takeover puts them on my shit list. We are actively trying by hook and crook to overthrow another government and you seem more concerned about Russians' denial of access to American propaganda, I mean, fake news. Where is your perspective?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Mar 2019, 00:09

"Trump now does everything he can to prove he's not Putin's puppet" - what? When did this happen? I can think of lots of things he could have done in this regard that he conspicuously failed to do.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2019, 00:13

Charlie O. wrote:"Trump now does everything he can to prove he's not Putin's puppet" - what? When did this happen? I can think of lots of things he could have done in this regard that he conspicuously failed to do.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Mar 2019, 01:08

An awful lot of that is "Trump says", "Trump agrees to", etc. We all know how much that's worth.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 20 Mar 2019, 01:12

I mean, the VERY NOTION that Democrats are pushing us closer to nuclear war is silly beyond belief.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2019, 03:13

Charlie O. wrote:I mean, the VERY NOTION that Democrats are pushing us closer to nuclear war is silly beyond belief.

I'll wait and see if there are any other BCBers who will take a swing at this softball.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Mar 2019, 23:42

those Cohen warrants show that a company linked to Viktor Vekselberg' was making deposits in the front company Cohen set up to handle the hush money pay-offs.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 6513b96a0b
why would Russians be interested in paying hush money to women alleging affairs with Donald TRUMP???

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Mar 2019, 23:52

Let the Stonewalling begin...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-admini ... kfmevaatca
Or continue. Whatever.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 21 Mar 2019, 15:01

Sneelock wrote:Let the Stonewalling begin...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-admini ... kfmevaatca
Or continue. Whatever.

The Trump administration is expected to draft an official response over its failure to comply with the request some time in the next week.

If it continues to refuse, Democrats could sue the administration and ultimately take officials to court, where it could get caught up in litigation for years.

*eye roll*