President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Sneelock » 09 Jan 2019, 22:54

...and KellyAnne Conway just called that CNN guy they hate a smartass.
it would appear that the TRUMP Administration is all-in on this whole "Road House" approach to governance.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Jan 2019, 23:59

Count Machuki wrote:Seems Mister Very Stable Genius has just stormed out of a meeting in a huff. That'll show 'em!

that fucking guy wrote:Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!

The Art of the Deal indeed.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

mission

Postby mission » 10 Jan 2019, 00:35

Apparently in a lot of US jurisdictions using black highlighting instead of properly burning in redactions is extraordinarily common. What weirds me out was the need to redact part of your own submissions in the first instance.

Also that whole thing about Manafort leaving an incriminating trail because he needed help converting a Word doc to pdf - well, that had me in tears.

They are as stupid as we imagined them to be.

And, speaking of stupid, I read the other day that Trump's handlers in the early days really did introduce "the wall" as a theoretical construct; a mechanism to keep him on track re their border security and immigration messaging. They needed an idee fixe that appealed to the slumlord developer which enabled him to remember he needed to be openly racist and all fucked up in a specific sort of way, rather than rambling on generally like the geriatric arsegrape he is.

Turns out the metaphor was too appealing.

Now, one prays and hopes, the monstrous stupidity that is building a fucking wall, the metaphor made literal which got him in, will get him out.

Seriously, I don't think a day has gone by where the thought has not struck me anew, with near horror: "Donald fucking Trump is the president!".
Goodness gracious me.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Jan 2019, 01:31

mission wrote:Seriously, I don't think a day has gone by where the thought has not struck me anew, with near horror: "Donald fucking Trump is the president!".

I confess that there is still - two-plus years later - a small part of my brain that thinks this must just be a ridiculously long and elaborate and stupid dream that I will surely wake up from any minute now...

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 10 Jan 2019, 01:51

Sneelock wrote:...and KellyAnne Conway just called that CNN guy they hate a smartass.
it would appear that the TRUMP Administration is all-in on this whole "Road House" approach to governance.

Patrick Swayze for NSA!

Oh, wait .... :cry:
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 10 Jan 2019, 04:11

Charlie O. wrote:
mission wrote:Seriously, I don't think a day has gone by where the thought has not struck me anew, with near horror: "Donald fucking Trump is the president!".

I confess that there is still - two-plus years later - a small part of my brain that thinks this must just be a ridiculously long and elaborate and stupid dream that I will surely wake up from any minute now...

You're late for work Charlie, get up!
king of the divan

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Jan 2019, 05:07

Charlie O. wrote:

Same. It's like we went into some Philip K. Dick kind of scenario in November 2016.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jan 2019, 07:09

I didn't watch the actual episode but a "review" YouTuber covered the latest South Park highlights and Trump is depicted as an abusive bully, I guess what an abusive father or husband is like, a sadist, and having gone to the same military school as Trump (he graduated a year before I entered) the hazing I received from the upper-classmen came back to me. The "You calling him a liar? Hey Joe, this newbie just called you a liar." And then I get "chesties," punches to my solar plexus. That kind of shit. Since Trump made it to first captain, the top student rank, he was there a long time and knew the drill very well I'm sure. His brazenness and tough guy shtick reminds me of my military school torture all over again.

This is not a flip flop. Donald, I mean First Captain Trump is a swell fella. He let me shine his shoes and clean his bunk for inspection. I even gave him massages at night. He'd play Frank Sinatra records while I rubbed his back. Ooh there'd be a beating if I stopped before he fell asleep.*

No shit, that school was his school. I had a sudden move flinch reaction for years after.

* Actual experience with the captain of my company.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Jan 2019, 18:18

Josh Marshall does a very good job of explaining why it is now beyond doubt that Paul Manafort, while serving as the campaign chairman of the Trump campaign, actively colluded with the Kremlin in their efforts to get Donald Trump elected president. What this means is that the president will probably have to fall back to a position he should have taken from the beginning. He’s going to have to argue that he knew nothing about what Manafort was doing and that he’s appalled to learn the details. What’s not clear is why he didn’t take that position from the beginning.

For me, Trump’s decision to vouch for Manafort and to dangle pardons before him has been the single most self-incriminating decision he’s made. But even after all this time, I doubt Trump will have any shame about reversing course and pinning everything he can on the man he hired to work for no pay. The real question is whether that’s ever been an option for him. If Manafort can prove that Trump was witting in his Russian collusion, then it won’t be possible for Trump to escape.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2019/1/9/162943/2553

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/th ... last-night

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Jan 2019, 23:29

Maybe Cohen is going to do some more 'splaining at his next appearance before Congress.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jan 2019, 23:36

I swear, Snarf, I'm trying but the links above do not make clear to me that, as Marshall said, there was no actual collusion proven but that - Marshall says - they make clear there was only intent to involve the Russians in the elections. This is furthered muddied by the NYT correction that Manafort's connections were not even Russian but Ukrainians. And everyone has "ties" to Putin and "ties" to Russian intelligence. When I see "ties" I see Kevin Bacon's face.

And now I will go and search my sources for a more professional analysis and possible de-bunk or maybe even verification. As of now the story that the DNC hack came, as Bill Binney said, directly from the DNC computer via thumb drive taints my thinking.
Last edited by Jimbo on 11 Jan 2019, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jan 2019, 00:13

That didn't take long at all. My gal Caitlin is on the job. Embedded in a larger story about how the establishment media mean to shut down alternative and more critical media was this.

Another report which dominated news headlines all of yesterday claimed that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort (the same Paul Manafort who the Guardian falsely claimed met with Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian embassy) had shared polling data with a Russian associate and asked him to pass it along to Oleg Deripaska, who is often labeled a “Russian oligarch” by western media. The polling data was mostly public already, and the rest was just more polling information shared in the spring of 2016, but Deripaska’s involvement had Russiagaters burning the midnight oil with breathless excitement. Talking Points Memo’s Josh Marshall went so far as to publish an article titled “The ‘Collusion’ Debate Ended Last Night”, substantiating his click-generating headline with the claim that “What’s crystal clear is that the transfer to Kilimnik came with explicit instructions to give the information to Deripaska. And that’s enough.”

Except Manafort didn’t give any explicit instructions to share the polling data with Deripaska, but with two Ukrainian oligarchs (who are denying it). The New York Times was forced to print this embarrassing correction to the story it broke, adding in the process that Manafort’s motivation was likely not collusion, but money.
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/a-ne ... 6ba43dc8ce

There are links embedded in the above paragraph in the original which I hope you will check. Be fair, Snarf. I read Marshall's story I hope you will read mine.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 11 Jan 2019, 10:07

Anyone else here find it suspicious that Jimbo doesn't appear to have received (or at least taken up) an invitation to Coan's new board...

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jan 2019, 12:20

caramba wrote:Anyone else here find it suspicious that Jimbo doesn't appear to have received (or at least taken up) an invitation to Coan's new board...

Almost every time before I open BCB I say to myself, "Let's see who's mad at me today?" I'm still struck by how virtually no one on BCB agrees with my conspiratorial view of politics when there are millions (I guess) of others who frequent, comment on and donate to the alt news sites I visit. Jimmy Dore's YouTube channel, for example, has 444,000 subscribers. Some of them must love music and following politics ... but noooo. I suspect I would have been banned long ago if not for my love of and participation in the Secret Santa thing. If anything, I think my contrary-ness livelies up the place. But BCBers are a stodgy lot. Sometimes I look at the Brexit thread and am surprised no one seems to be an out and out Brexiteer. Fortunately at least there are a few Tories here to argue with the Labourites, but Is no one a supporter of the People Before Profit party? And god help any American who out and out supports the Libertarians, the Republicans or worse, Trump himself. I can't stand Trump. He is a loathsome person. But then I can't stand the spineless Democrats either who fucked shit up so badly that Trump beat Hillary. Yes, it was the Dems themselves who are to blame and not Paul Manafort, Vladmir Putin or Jill Stein. At the rate they are going today Trump could very easily beat them again in 2020. I am also anti-war, corruption and lying. If there was a Utopian Party I'd join. And 9/11 WAS an inside job. :D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jan 2019, 14:24

Jimbo wrote:I swear, Snarf, I'm trying but the links above do not make clear to me that, as Marshall said, there was no actual collusion proven but that - Marshall says - they make clear there was only intent to involve the Russians in the elections. This is furthered muddied by the NYT correction that Manafort's connections were not even Russian but Ukrainians.

Those "Ukranians" are the pro-Russia guys Manafort was working with to install the Russian puppet Yanukovich and smear and jail his adversary Tymoshenko. They are literally agents of Russia, regardless of what it says on their passports.

Trump's campaign manager gave proprietary polling data to Russian agents before the election; there is no longer any dispute about that. That cat's out of the bag. The question now becomes: will Trump continue to defend Manafort, or turn on him?

Jimbo wrote:https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/a-ne ... 6ba43dc8ce

There are links embedded in the above paragraph in the original which I hope you will check. Be fair, Snarf. I read Marshall's story I hope you will read mine.

Link = broken :)

PS - it doesn't matter if "Manafort’s motivation was likely not collusion, but money." A person's reasons for undertaking such a course of conduct have no bearing on HOW ILLEGAL IT IS or THE FACT THAT TRUMP IS LYING ABOUT IT.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jan 2019, 14:53

Snarfyguy wrote:
Link = broken :)

PS - it doesn't matter if "Manafort’s motivation was likely not collusion, but money." A person's reasons for undertaking such a course of conduct have no bearing on HOW ILLEGAL IT IS or THE FACT THAT TRUMP IS LYING ABOUT IT.

Trump is a liar. He lies a lot about everything and if the Dems and a few Republicans can figure out a way to remove a clearly insane and demented moron from office (25th Amendment) without triggering World War three that would be good thing, doncha think?

Many of the charges against Manafort and Gates, which include money laundering and tax fraud, relate to alleged crimes that predate either of the political operatives joining the Trump campaign. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 388bdee111

The link worked for me. https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/a-ne ... 6ba43dc8ce

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Jan 2019, 15:06

Jimbo wrote:Trump is a liar. He lies a lot about everything and if the Dems and a few Republicans can figure out a way to remove a clearly insane and demented moron from office (25th Amendment) without triggering World War three that would be good thing, doncha think?

Many of the charges against Manafort and Gates, which include money laundering and tax fraud, relate to alleged crimes that predate either of the political operatives joining the Trump campaign. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 388bdee111

The link worked for me. https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/a-ne ... 6ba43dc8ce

1. I do think, yes.
2. Irrelevant. I also don't care about their parking tickets or, really, anything else about these guys.
3. Link works; will have a look.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Jan 2019, 15:33

This is interesting.

"We Don't Take Orders From Bolton": US Withdrawal From Syria Begins

by Tyler Durden
Fri, 01/11/2019 -

Last night, the Wall Street Journal reported that the withdrawal would begin immediately.

Scores of ground troops are headed toward Syria to help move troops out, and a group of naval vessels headed by the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge is headed to the region to back up troops at the vulnerable moment they are leaving the country, the officials said. The Kearsarge carries hundreds of Marines, helicopters and other aircraft.

"Nothing has changed," one defense official said. "We don’t take orders from Bolton."

To account for shifts in plans, the military will stage the personnel and equipment needed for a possible withdrawal, rather than move the U.S. forces out. Troops tasked to help with the eventual withdrawal already are in the area, in places like Kuwait and al-Asad air base in western Iraq.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01- ... ria-begins

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 11 Jan 2019, 15:53

Jimbo wrote:Jimmy Dore's YouTube channel, for example, has 444,000 subscribers.

https://buyviewsreview.com/youtube-subscribers-reviews/

YOU CAN BUY YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS.

I swear, how can someone so skeptical be so gullible?!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 12 Jan 2019, 03:09

Holy smoke.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D