President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 03 Dec 2018, 18:05

Funny how about this time last week there was a flurry of new incriminating information. Some of you thought that maybe this time we got him. (Boom!) But then for the last few days the hubbub seems to have quieted down.

At about this same time last week Trump flew to Europe to possibly meet with Putin. Trump pressured not to meet with Putin the meeting was cancelled and coincidentally the furor seems to have died down.

Hmm.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 03 Dec 2018, 18:41

Jimbo wrote:At about this same time last week Trump flew to Europe to possibly meet with Putin. Trump pressured not to meet with Putin the meeting was cancelled and coincidentally the furor seems to have died down.

Now THEY have moved Argentina to Europe! Is there anything the Shadowy Cabal can't do?!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

pig bodine

Postby pig bodine » 03 Dec 2018, 18:41

I hate to say it, but I agree. Nothing will come of the investigation, and if anything is found, most people really don’t care. I follow his disapproval ratings and they’re at their lowest (51%) in over a year. The only way he won’t be re-elected are if he doesn’t run, or the economy tanks.

Actually, the former may happen as he is morbidly obese, won’t exercise, eats like a 1980’s college student, and has a volitile , infantile temper. We can only hope poor health gets in the way.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Dec 2018, 22:21

I tend to agree with Seaman Bodine*. It's not illegal for a presidential candidate to lie about whether he has business interests in Russia, although it would have been shocking up until very recently. Unless something substantially worse (and clearly criminal) appears to have transpired, Teflon Don will continue happily dumping sand into the gears of governance.

The only people who are going to remove Trump from office are voters.

*and with mission, on the last page; I think what it boils down to is that Jimbo is having a different conversation than the rest of us.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 04 Dec 2018, 00:13

I don't really disagree with any of that but I would like very much for this thing to run it's course for a number of reasons.

it's true that his supporters don't care about any of this stuff. they don't care that he's not disclosing his taxes as promised any more than they care that Mexico won't pay for the Wall. still, there are other factors at work here. people are going to jail for things that were said to have never happened. people who were steadfast allies are now being pilloried on Twitter. there is a strong likelihood that things the President doesn't want to be in the public eye will be in the public eye. Well, I think there's a "boy who cried wolf" factor. sure, "his people" will certainly remain on board but they might not be quite as foaming at the mouth as they are right now.

the chinese water torture of "fake news" and "witch hunts" might not wear them down but it just might cool their jets a little. if we are lucky... REALLY lucky.. a little might be enough.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Dec 2018, 00:29

That's my attitude also Snee. The history books will not be kind to him.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 04 Dec 2018, 02:24

Snarfyguy wrote:I tend to agree with Seaman Bodine*. It's not illegal for a presidential candidate to lie about whether he has business interests in Russia, although it would have been shocking up until very recently. Unless something substantially worse (and clearly criminal) appears to have transpired, Teflon Don will continue happily dumping sand into the gears of governance.

The only people who are going to remove Trump from office are voters.

*and with mission, on the last page; I think what it boils down to is that Jimbo is having a different conversation than the rest of us.

Huh?

pig bodine wrote:I hate to say it, but I agree.

With whom is Pig Bodine agreeing if not me? i think he agrees that there was no collusion with Putin to rig the election which seemed to be the investigation's main focus and so drew Mueller down into rabbit hole dead ends. Had Mueller focused on Trump's sneaky business deals with Russian mobsters (money laundering up the wazoo!) for which there is evidence he would and may still get him. But (back to my conversation) this whole charade was about the neo-cons' (HRC and co) goal of goading Russia into a war which, even if the Trump investigation is fizzling out, goes on. Expect more finger pointing at Russia, more anti-Russia propaganda, more false flag ops. Ooh, Trump is weakened. While he campaigned on better relations with Russia he's acquiesced to almost everything the bastards want: boots on the ground in Syria, no Afghanistan withdrawals, getting Assange, more money for the Pentagon ... Winter is coming.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

mission

Postby mission » 04 Dec 2018, 02:40

The pIg is agreeing that nothing will happen.

Trump can indeed shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters.

So fucking what? That just confirms a self-evident truth; that Trump voters are dangerous morons.

It is only a month since that Caesar pipe bomber freak got arrested, but the relentless shitflinging that is the defining characteristic of this INSANE presidency means it seems so long ago we have forgotten it.

We have ridden the hyperreal bus way past Batshit Crazy Town.
Goodness gracious me.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Dec 2018, 04:23

Jimbo wrote:
I wrote:I hate to say it, but I agree.

With whom is Pig Bodine agreeing if not me?

I was only agreeing to the extent that I'm dubious about any mud associated with all this Rodney Dangerfield-level collar-pulling actually attaching to DJT himself.

It remains to be seen whether the chronic dissembling about this stuff by the Campaign was in service of any political or financial interest of the unindicted co-conspirator, "Individual 1," in which case I guess it's a crime.

You are smoking the wrong stuff if you think picking at this scab is going to precipitate WWIII. Honestly, that's a topic for a different thread.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

pig bodine

Postby pig bodine » 04 Dec 2018, 12:36

I was agreeing that nothing will happen despite whatever the Meuller report tells us. I’ve never wanted to be wrong about something as much as this, but life doesn’t work that way.

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 04 Dec 2018, 13:59

I’m not convinced the Mueller report (if it happens) will even be released to the public!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 04 Dec 2018, 15:19

LeBaron wrote:I’m not convinced the Mueller report (if it happens) will even be released to the public!

I'm curious as to why you think that. Perhaps you read this article from The Hill which confirms FBI interference and spying on the Trump campaign. I wouldn't want the details revealed if I were the FBI, and while Trump (the article says) promised to declassify the relevant documents, if I were he I'd keep them under wraps as a favor to the FBI to be repaid when I needed something extra-special from them.

Trump, Russia and lessons from the mob: Did ‘godfathers’ steer collusion probe?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... -collusion

Boom!

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 04 Dec 2018, 16:03

Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:I’m not convinced the Mueller report (if it happens) will even be released to the public!

I'm curious as to why you think that. Perhaps you read this article from The Hill which confirms FBI interference and spying on the Trump campaign. I wouldn't want the details revealed if I were the FBI and while Trump (the article says) promised to declassify the relevant documents if I were he I'd keep them under wraps as a favor to the FBI to be repaid when I needed something extra-special from them.

Trump, Russia and lessons from the mob: Did ‘godfathers’ steer collusion probe?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... -collusion

Boom!

I’m sorry to say that I barely have time to post at all, much less respond in detail to your recitations/posts on this thread. I would love to have the time to read your opinion piece from the Hill and respond to your questions. But I can’t.

To answer your question, this is a good starting point:

See §600.8(c):

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?S ... 8.2.600_18

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Dec 2018, 05:32

So the Department of Justice pretty much said Trump is a criminal in the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum in the Michael Cohen case this evening.

Nevertheless, Trump tweets he is "totally vindicated," or some such. Interesting.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 08 Dec 2018, 10:14

$P.Muff$ wrote:The Corps of Engineers might engineer a coup... deep, DEEP state. Never met a geophysicist that could be trusted...

If you trust me I'll explain the importance of slowness in the crossline direction whilst carrying out 3D wavefield seperation on 2 component seismic data.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 14:49

Snarfyguy wrote:So the Department of Justice pretty much said Trump is a criminal in the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum in the Michael Cohen case this evening.

Nevertheless, Trump tweets he is "totally vindicated," or some such. Interesting.

Can't seem to find "pretty much" in my Black's Legal Dictionary. Sounds to me like Trump is "pretty much" vindicated in this case.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Dec 2018, 15:07

Jimbo wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:So the Department of Justice pretty much said Trump is a criminal in the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum in the Michael Cohen case this evening.

Can't seem to find "pretty much" in my Black's Legal Dictionary. Sounds to me like Trump is "pretty much" vindicated in this case.

"With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1."

Trump isn't named, but he is Individual-1. The government is saying he directed Cohen to commit crimes, which is itself a crime.

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 08 Dec 2018, 15:45

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

. . . The government is saying he directed Cohen to commit crimes, which is itself a crime.

There's that, and something else for Jimbo to look up in Blacks: party liability, (criminal) conspiracy, and criminal liability would all be good starts.

So cool you've got a copy of Black's! The more recent editions (10th and 9th) are particularly excellent resources.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Dec 2018, 17:41

Snarfyguy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

"With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1."

Trump isn't named, but he is Individual-1. The government is saying he directed Cohen to commit crimes, which is itself a crime.

But where's the collusion? Trump is still Putin's puppet, no?

No. Jimmy talks about this with reporter Aaron Matte.

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 08 Dec 2018, 17:55

You suggested that Donald Trump was in the clear, and was vindicated. Snarfy pointed out to you that this is definitely not the case. In fact, there is almost no question that he would be subject to criminal liability were he not the President. But then you moved the goalposts to parrot his talking point: "no collusion."

Donald Trump wanted to extend his business into Russia. To do that, it helps to have the government on your side. Russia wanted Donald Trump in the White House. Donald Trump was more than happy to have Russia's help. Russia is more than happy to play him for everything it's worth. That much is plain.

Was there "collusion?" I don't know. Would Donald Trump sell us out to the Russians to get what he wants? Of course he would. Is he too stupid to know that this is a problem? Probably. If he knows that it's a problem, does he care? Of course he doesn't.