President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Nov 2018, 02:41

Count Machuki wrote:Holy crap what is happening?!

You might well ask!
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Nov 2018, 02:48

I tell you what, though, that was a pretty great ten hours of feeling somewhat hopeful after the elections.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 08 Nov 2018, 14:38

Lawfare on the Sessions departure and the possible outcomes for the investigation ...

https://www.lawfareblog.com/jeff-sessio ... estigation
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 08 Nov 2018, 16:05

Does anyone really believe anything will come from the Russian investigation?
Coan wrote:'Vertigo' is one of the best things U2 have ever done, one of a handful of occasions where they get it just right. That bit near the end where the song lifts off? You don't get that with The Allman Brothers.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 08 Nov 2018, 16:14

Matt Wilson wrote:Does anyone really believe anything will come from the Russian investigation?

If by “anything” you mean Donald Trump’s early removal from office, then no. That is now a virtual impossibility given the makeup of the Senate and, among other things, Lindsey Graham’s newfound fealty to Trump. By any other measure, much has already come.
Last edited by LeBaron on 08 Nov 2018, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 08 Nov 2018, 16:22

There have been many indictments, yes - but to posit that Trump will be held acountable for anything is a pipedream.
Coan wrote:'Vertigo' is one of the best things U2 have ever done, one of a handful of occasions where they get it just right. That bit near the end where the song lifts off? You don't get that with The Allman Brothers.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Nov 2018, 17:28

I don't know, this seems really bad.

This stooge Trump has installed appears to have an obligation to recuse himself from supervising the Mueller investigation on the basis of having run the campaign of an apparent friend of his who's now a grand jury witness in that investigation - or at least he has to consult with the Ethics peeps at the DOJ about whether he should recuse.

But Trump wouldn't have picked him if that were the plan, so we can assume it's not going to happen. Between now and January 3, these guys can pretty much do whatever they want.

So Mueller's now obliged to share information and strategy with a guy who's a direct conduit to the president.

I need to go lie down.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 08 Nov 2018, 17:30

and on top of all this: Ruth Bader Ginsberg down.
holy shit.
I am not a robot.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Nov 2018, 17:44

Man, I worry about her.

I worry about us.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 08 Nov 2018, 19:13

Jim Acosta has had his credential revoked. the White House released what is clearly a doctored video which they say shows he attacked the woman who was trying to confiscate his microphone yesterday.

I mean, we all SAW what happened yesterday. Today they are telling us what we saw and people are believing them. TRUMP'S rampage yesterday seems like the official start of Phase Two. Sean Hannity told that crowd the other day that "all media is false". TRUMP, in all matters pending, seems to be counting on being able to say whatever he likes with the knowledge that he has a solid base of people who believe that Jim Acosta karate chopped a women even though they saw with their own eyes what really happened. They believe Mueller is heading the biggest witch hunt in the history of witch hunts.

these are dark fuckin' days.
I am not a robot.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Nov 2018, 19:32

Sneelock wrote:Sean Hannity told that crowd the other day that "all media is false".

That's a good one, coming from Bootlicker Central.

I watched the video yesterday and watched Acosta being interviewed later on CNN. He went to the White House in the afternoon and the secret service stopped him at the White House and told him his credential was suspended.

The video clearly shows he touched no one, but held onto the mic to ask one last question. And then Sarah Sanders tweets out he assaulted the woman, when the evidence clearly shows he didn't.

Trump is such a wuss. He couldn't answer a tough question and had his chief of staff fire the AG. Whatever happened to the ol' "You're Fired!" schtick?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 08 Nov 2018, 20:25

The American people will be telling him he's fired in two years. Count on it.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 08 Nov 2018, 20:47

God, I hope you’re right.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/n ... m=facebook
This producer got booed off the stage at an Israeli Film Festival in L.A. where he was receiving an award. Why? For criticizing TRUMP.

Things just don’t make any sense anymore.
I am not a robot.

Revolver

Postby Revolver » 09 Nov 2018, 11:49

-

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 12 Nov 2018, 16:27

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Nov 2018, 16:31

Count Machuki wrote:CLINTON 2020: I Told You So!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... in-in-2020

I was all in, in 2008. I was resigned in 2016. Definite no next time around.

This weekend, Trump not only took a big Twitter shit, but rolled around in it. Besides not showing up WWI cemetery, not joining other world leaders, the comments on California wildfire, and election fraud, it was doo doo all the way around.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Nov 2018, 16:42

Count Machuki wrote:CLINTON 2020: I Told You So!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... in-in-2020

I can't see anything good coming out of that. The core Trump voters will come out in droves to beat down the evil witch woman again, and not enough moderates and others who've had second thoughts about Trump will be excited enough by the prospect of her running to switch sides, given all the baggage that's been heaped on her.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Nov 2018, 16:58

pcqgod wrote:given all the baggage that's been heaped on her.

Yeah, she's got too much at this point. She couldn't get rid of it last election and people won't forget in four years.

When you have to spend so much time and energy defending yourself, it takes away from the message of what you want to say you're going to do.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 12 Nov 2018, 17:07

sloopjohnc wrote:
This weekend, Trump not only took a big Twitter shit, but rolled around in it. Besides not showing up WWI cemetery, not joining other world leaders, the comments on California wildfire, and election fraud, it was doo doo all the way around.

it's his natural habitat.
I am not a robot.

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Nov 2018, 22:33

I'm looking forward to when the cemetary will be his natural habitat. :twisted: