President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2018, 16:16

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Governments may indeed “run cyber shit against one another all the time”. But the rise of social networking has changed the context and rendered it a greater threat. What we just endured was unprecedented - and it needs to be addressed. Your characterizing it as “piddly” does not conform with the reality as we lived it, nor as the mounting evidence suggests.

I don’t really understand the logic that views sanctions as an act of war while simultaneously writing off cyber-attacks on our elections as unworthy of concern.

Have you not heard whatever the Russians may have done did not effect the outcome of the election? Hillary lost and never challenged the vote so fuck her. Surely if a foreign country scrambled up the election system a do over would be in order.

Which is worse dumb ass, a cyber attack or WWIII?
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Mar 2018, 16:28

Nobody can actually say for certain that it didn’t impact the outcome of the election (I think there is a good chance that it did). To say that there is no evidence that it did is not the same as saying it definitively did not.

We’ll never know, as we have no way of knowing what did or did not convince the 77k people who turned the election. Clinton would have had no way to prove her case, and all parties continue to be incentivized to claim that the election wasn’t effected, as the legitimacy of our entire system hangs in that balance.

Meanwhile - there is no question that the attempted (perhaps successfully) subversion of our democracy is a far bigger threat than your chicken little fantasies. In fact - given the current occupant of the White House AND the potential for destabilizing our democracy...I’d argue that WWIII is a LOT more possible because of a cyber attack, dumb ass.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Mar 2018, 16:37

Davey the Fat Boy wrote: dumb ass.

You're the dumb ass dumb ass. ;) No backsies.

I think that plans to subvert these governments is the deep state in action. Whether it was Hillary or Trump, no matter who, maybe even Bernie, Presidents are powerless to stop them.

I await seeing MSNBC report about this document.
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Mar 2018, 17:08

Of course you do. :roll:

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Mar 2018, 18:18

Reading that Stormy Daniels has offered to return the $130K will probably be the high point of my day (sadly).
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 12 Mar 2018, 19:40

I read a really interesting interview with her on Rolling Stone Online. the writer made fun of misspellings in a press release and they ended up hanging out. It's a pretty short piece but it makes quite an impression.
gash on ignore wrote:At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 12 Mar 2018, 20:02

Holy f#ck, Felix Sater is an FBI informant? I didn't see THAT coming.

I guess that explains why he's not BEHIND BARS!

I imagine this is news to the White House and that many bricks are being shat this afternoon. :)

Also, this:

"MNUCHIN: I’ll be with my kids this morning, and I’ll be focused on them on what the president is doing to protect the United States, its citizens, and most importantly the economy."

Let it be noted that the Secretary of the Treasury has stated, in so many words, that money is more important than people. Maybe that's a prerequisite for holding the position, I don't know.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Mar 2018, 21:39

Today in the daily press conference, they asked Sarah Sanders, that since Britain has come out and announced the near certainty that the ex spy was poisoned by Russia, if the President would denounce them too. She said the administration was "outraged" but wouldn't go as far as to denounce Russia.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 12 Mar 2018, 21:43

Whew!

Avoided WWIII again!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Mar 2018, 12:23

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Maybe it’s the Jews. Eh Jimbo?

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/putin-m ... -1.5888887

This has been eating at me for a few days wondering how to respond. Is my Putin anti-Semitic? I know he's met with Netanyahu on a number of occasions and he's visited Israel.

I put the question to the commenters over at CN where one woman, Tanya, who describes herself as a Jew from Russia was asked: "Are Jews in Russia not Russian?"

Her answer: They are not. Russians, Ukranians, Tatars, Armenians, Byuriats, Jews and more than 100 other nationalities living in Russia are Rossiyane (or citizens of Russia).

In other words, Putin, speculating as to who dun it if it wasn't him said, as a fellow citizen of Russia might, maybe it was Tartars, Ukrainians or Jews - with Russian citizenship. So it wasn't a particular slur or racist remark. Let's move on to how he mopped the floor with Megyn Kelly.

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/03/12/n ... ent-313714
Gadfly

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Mar 2018, 16:52

Shit is moving fast. Tillerson = out, Pompeo is new S.o.S.

Papadopoulos says that Trump personally encouraged him to arrange meeting with Putin, new book reports

Republican-chaired House Intelligence Committee can't find evidence of collusion. Don't those guys even read the papers?

Trump's longtime personal aide John McEntee fired over investigation into "serious financial crimes" unrelated to the president, says CNN. https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics ... index.html
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 13 Mar 2018, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Mar 2018, 17:06

They read Jimbo’s “sources”.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Mar 2018, 17:25

Jimbo wrote:
I put the question to the commenters over at CN...

Well, there you have it. Whew. Here I thought blaming Jews for global unrest came across as a little anti-Semitic.

Can't say as I'm gonna miss Tillerson - that guy was useless at best. Pompeo, though...I remember him being a BIG fan of torture in the Bush Obama days.

(maybe I'm thinking of somebody else? Still feels like he's bad news)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 13 Mar 2018, 17:35

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Well, there you have it. Whew. Here I thought blaming Jews for global unrest came across as a little anti-Semitic.

Can't say as I'm gonna miss Tillerson - that guy was useless at best. Pompeo, though...I remember him being a BIG fan of torture in the Bush Obama days.

Perhaps you are also thinking of the new (proposed) CIA boss!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Mar 2018, 17:43

Very Stable Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

But, but, she's a lady! Didn't you hear the President? Historic first! Voting against her confirmation would just be sexist. Plus, how could she have overseen secret torture sites and destroyed evidence to try and cover her tracks for signing off on it? She's a lady.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Mar 2018, 21:55

Judge: Manafort faces the "very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison." http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/federal- ... d=53718155

Wow, that ought to be enough to get him to flip on whoever's above him in the chain of criminal buffoonery. I mean, who's he protecting?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Mar 2018, 22:42

As much as our President loved shouting, "You're fired!" to people on his show, it seems he has a tougher time in real life.

Fired by tweet.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Mar 2018, 22:43

Count Machuki wrote:
Very Stable Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:

But, but, she's a lady! Didn't you hear the President? Historic first! Voting against her confirmation would just be sexist. Plus, how could she have overseen secret torture sites and destroyed evidence to try and cover her tracks for signing off on it? She's a lady.

It was in Thailand so maybe that doesn't count.

That's a joke.

She has to be confirmed by a senate committee and McCain has already put out a tweet about her waterboarding history.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 14 Mar 2018, 04:04

Apparently Trump fired Tillerson in order to save us from WWIII!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/tillers ... ussia.html

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 14 Mar 2018, 04:33

gash on ignore wrote:At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.