President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2017, 05:35

Yes! According to TYT Mueller is doing what I - and Cenk - think should have been done ages ago before the dangerous and unproved yet still persistent Russia/Putin/email/Wikileaks/Gucifer conspiracy theory got so out of hand and that is: go after Trump's bank records. Truthfully, I didn't think that exactly but I have said if you want to get Trump go after his old fashioned corruption and not this weird story about how it was Putin and his troll farms and Facebook ads which gave Trump the edge over Clinton thus making Trump "Putin's puppet." Why the FBI hadn't done this earlier, or audited his taxes for that matter, is a mystery. Checking his banking records isn't a done deal and I am pessimistic that this will undo Trump, nonetheless, it is refreshing to see some sane tried and true tactics brought into this battle.

Meanwhile over at the NYT nest of intrigue where the conspiracy queen bee keeps squirting out dangerous neo-con Russia Russia Russia bullshit bee eggs Robert Parry is obliged to do another Grey Lady take down.

The Tangled Threads of Russia-gate
December 5, 2017

A curious feature about the Russia-gate “scandal” is that its proponents ignore the growing number of moments when their evidence undercuts their narrative. Instead, they press ahead toward a predetermined destination in much the way that true-believing conspiracy theorists are known to do.

For instance, The New York Times ran a story on Monday, entitled “Operative Offered Trump Campaign Access to Putin,” detailing how a conservative operative “told a Trump adviser that he could arrange a back-channel meeting between Donald J. Trump and Vladimir V. Putin, the Russian president, according to an email sent to the Trump campaign” — and apparently described to the Times by a helpful source on Capitol Hill…
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/12/05/t ... ssia-gate/
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 06 Dec 2017, 09:34

and did those feet............
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2017, 14:51

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:How much longer do we have to hear about this fucking Alabama election? When is it fucking happening?!?

Dec. 12 - a week from today.

Ah, good. I thought we maybe had a couple more years of this nonsense.

And now that the GOP's all in for Moore, we're seeing a redesigned logo:

Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 06 Dec 2017, 18:54

And now he’s pulled this Jerusalem stunt.
What could possibly go wrong etc
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 06 Dec 2017, 18:59

Jeemo wrote:and did those feet............

Quite.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2017, 19:30

Still Baron wrote:And now he’s pulled this Jerusalem stunt.

I wish we had a slapping yourself in the forehead emoji because I would've used it here.

And even though it's going to upset the international dynamic, I bet he moves forward with it.

It's going to take the next President, if it's not him, the whole four years to undo this shit.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2017, 19:36

One thing Jeb Bush got right was referring to a possible TRUMP presidency as a “Chaos President”.
It’s been a Goddam Tilt-a-Whirl since day one.
Last edited by Sneelock on 11 Dec 2017, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 06 Dec 2017, 19:52

Still Baron wrote:And now he’s pulled this Jerusalem stunt.

It's like Father Dougal pressing the red button.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2017, 20:44

A whistleblower appears to be confirming Flynn's efforts to undermine foreign policy by suggesting or offering to have the Russia sanctions "ripped up."

Huh.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/ ... index.html
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

kewl klive
cultural defective

Postby kewl klive » 06 Dec 2017, 21:51

So, now that his attempts at race war at home and nuclear war abroad have faltered a little, Trump does what he can to stir that ‘ole pot and, yippee! gets others to start WW3 for him.
Lonely Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily.

Ho Ho Hodgson wrote:I know you think I pick on you.

Baldy K wrote:I'd love to meet Jeemo (no idea if he'd like to meet me).

!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 06 Dec 2017, 22:25

What he's done is potentially catastrophic. Any pretence of US neutrality with regard to Israel/Palestine is now out of the window.

You know Obama has more than double the number of followers on Twitter? I can't imagine it would help - and I'm sure BO hasn't got the appetite or the time - but he has one hell of a platform to shout down some of Trump's stupider ideas.
Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Dec 2017, 22:44

More proof that we are living in a surreal nightmare.

I mean - are they this desperate to shift the focus? I think that's got to be it.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Nick

Postby Nick » 06 Dec 2017, 22:48

I'm at a British Council conference in Glasgow, and was at a session today on staff safety and duty of care, run by the BC's Security Director. He had his phone on standby waiting for the confirmation that Trump had made the announcement, because he thought they'd have to close the BC offices in numerous countries because of the risk of the usual headcase fuckwits rioting and attacking their premises in retaliation.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2017, 22:53

toomanyhatz wrote:More proof that we are living in a surreal nightmare.

I mean - are they this desperate to shift the focus? I think that's got to be it.

The funny thing is that you have to select that font to use it. Almost everything defaults to Arial.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2017, 22:54

The Unfragrant Ox wrote:You know Obama has more than double the number of followers on Twitter? I can't imagine it would help - and I'm sure BO hasn't got the appetite or the time - but he has one hell of a platform to shout down some of Trump's stupider ideas.

I admire his restraint. He has a nimble mind and could surely demolish Trump in that arena, but ultimately what would that accomplish? It would just make Trump *more* pissed off and that much likelier to behave like a loose canon, while rallying his base to get that much uglier.

Better O just doesn't engage him.

!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 06 Dec 2017, 22:55

Yeah, I suppose so.
Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2017, 23:10

Snarfyguy wrote:
The Unfragrant Ox wrote:You know Obama has more than double the number of followers on Twitter? I can't imagine it would help - and I'm sure BO hasn't got the appetite or the time - but he has one hell of a platform to shout down some of Trump's stupider ideas.

I admire his restraint. He has a nimble mind and could surely demolish Trump in that arena, but ultimately what would that accomplish? It would just make Trump *more* pissed off and that much likelier to behave like a loose canon, while rallying his base to get that much uglier.

I also think that's presidential etiquette. Most presidents keep a low profile in regards to immediate successors.

Obama did vaguely make mention of Trump in a speech in Paris the other day.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 06 Dec 2017, 23:20

Obama did suggest the other day that Trump should think before tweeting, which I thought was rather spoilsport of him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88026.html

Milarepa

Postby Milarepa » 07 Dec 2017, 22:32

Snarfyguy wrote:

That's the thing. Normally any sane person in public life would just tear him to shreds with reason. But do we really want to piss this guy off? He's got his finger on a button that could end human life. If his little ego gets hurt enough, he'll bring us all down with him before he'd feel an ounce of humiliation.

Trump is the result of an intentional program, over many years, to destroy credibility in our institutions, our values and ultimately in the notion that anything can be objectively true. The goal is to create a large enough population with enough bile to channel for the benefit of the rich and powerful.

I've always thought I could see and appreciate the views of others, knowing that we all want a better world, but may disagree about how to get there. But Trump is a political suicide bomber. Its enough to destroy, if it makes him feel better.

And don't hand me that crap about demolishing society so a better one might emerge from the ashes. Demolish you own house, your own body, your own family if you feel so strongly about it. The rest of us have learned how to compromise, collaborate and move forward. It's not perfect but we're still here.

I don't see how this could and any way but badly, short term. It's like all we can do is keep our own shit together best we can, organize and vote to get him out of power, and hope he implodes under the weight of his own delusions.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 07 Dec 2017, 22:40

He's a narcissist and has all the inherent inabilities to see the world in any way other than how it relates to him and his control. With that in mind you can understand all his behaviour. And they made him president.