Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 7

Jimbo

Re: "Fake News"

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2017, 13:57

Reading an article in the online English version of the Asahi Shimbun titled: UPDATE: Japan and Russia hold talks on security, territorial dispute THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. At first I thought, good, at least Japan is holding talks with Russia but then I hit this fake news line: The talks are the first "two-plus-two" meeting since Russia's annexation of Ukraine..

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201703200008.html

You see? Russia Russia Russia! No, Associated Press, Russia did not annex Ukraine. Ukraine, with Obama's and HRC's assistance, overthrew its president and installed a new and much better America-friendly president.
I love you.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Mar 2017, 14:14

Drone on.
yomptepi wrote: I was the ninth person to register. At the time this did bestow Doyenship upon me.Although there is an aggressive and unpleasant clique within BCB that disputes these credentials. However, I am comfortable with the facts as they stand.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Mar 2017, 15:35

I can relate. I go through the same thing every time someone falsely claims that the world is round. Can't they just admit that we've all been hoodwinked by the globe industry?
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 22 Mar 2017, 12:43

Foreign Affairs magazine mofos! This ain't fake.

The point is simply to grasp the legitimacy in Moscow’s perspective—that expansion of the Western blocs is not an organic, democratic process but, rather, one engineered by the United States and its allies, and motivated as much by power as by principle.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... ew-d-tente
I love you.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 22 Mar 2017, 23:05

Jimbo wrote:Foreign Affairs magazine mofos! This ain't fake.

The point is simply to grasp the legitimacy in Moscow’s perspective—that expansion of the Western blocs is not an organic, democratic process but, rather, one engineered by the United States and its allies, and motivated as much by power as by principle.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... ew-d-tente

It's not fake. Nor is it news. It's an opinion piece.

Not being a subscriber, I can't read the entire thing. From what I could read, I'm not unsympathetic to the basic thrust. But nothing there precludes the possibility that Russia interfered with our election.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Apr 2017, 02:34

I would hope you'd be skeptical of recent claims that Assad gassed his own citizens because you read it in your favorite (fake) MSM source. I find it uncanny that, again, so soon after an attack how a good reporter can poke holes in the official story.

NYT Retreats on 2013 Syria-Sarin Claims
April 6, 2017

Exclusive: Even as The New York Times leads the charge against the Syrian government for this week’s alleged chemical attack, it is quietly retreating on its earlier certainty about the 2013 Syria-sarin case, reports Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

The New York Times, which has never heard an allegation against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad that it hasn’t immediately believed, has compiled a list of his alleged atrocities with a surprising omission: the Aug. 21, 2013 sarin gas attack outside Damascus….

If this fuller history were understood, much greater skepticism would be warranted by the new allegations about Assad ordering a new sarin attack. While it’s conceivable that Assad’s military is guilty – although why Assad would take this risk at this moment is hard to fathom – it’s also conceivable that Al Qaeda’s jihadists – finding themselves facing impending defeat – chose to stage a sarin attack even if that meant killing some innocent civilians.
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/06/n ... in-claims/
I love you.

Return to “Nextdoorland”