Pics of Pets replacement thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
fange

Re: Pics of Pets replacement thread

Postby fange » 10 Dec 2016, 13:23

Minnie Cheddars wrote:What with you and Hatz it's like the end of 'It's a Wonderful Life!' We just need sloop to get laid and we can all relax!

Oh man, please tell me we're not gonna get that conversation on this thread...

Here's Vanilla, on her favourite resting post, adopting one of her most lady-like poses.

Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Dec 2016, 13:37

Adorable!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 10 Dec 2016, 14:49

Hatz, Ray and Harv - xxx
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 11 Dec 2016, 20:44

I am so pleased you have a new friend Harv
She looks lovely

And you Dave
Ah but I was so much younger then.
I'm older than that now.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 11 Dec 2016, 23:57

twomenorahatz wrote:Snuggler:

Good photo! He looks just like my niece’s cat, Tangerina.

Every animal on this thread looks good in fact.

I’m sorry to hear about Molly, John.

I haven't got any new pets, but I’ve still got the old ones!

Minky a.k.a. Slinky a.k.a Minkovna a.k.a Minkos:

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 24 Dec 2016, 03:10

So it was sixteen years ago earlier this month that I saw a wild looking long-haired black cat in the northeast corner window of the Bay store on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto where the Toronto Humane Society was showcasing pets for adoption. Being bereft of cats at the time the thought that popped into my head was "That's the cat for me!" I was told that he was perhaps two years old and I decided to name him Ace after the Bat-Hound.

A few years later on a summer's day Ace was nowhere to be found when I came home from work on a Friday. Nor did he reappear the following morning. Monday morning though I had a phone message at work. It seems Ace had been discovered late Friday afternoon by the elevators just outside the second floor lost and found office of Sears in downtown Toronto just north of the Bay store. Since the Sears store downtown was about six miles away from my house, I was somewhat puzzled but I assumed that Ace must have hitched a ride downtown to revisit the Bay store but got mixed up a bit. Nonetheless he'd been taken home by one of the women and I retrieved him from the Sears lost and found office the following day.

By last summer Ace was a senior citizen in cat terms and had slowed down somewhat. The vet told us that his kidneys were no longer functioning at peak efficiency and that a slow deterioration in his kidney function could be expected at his age. But on Sunday December 12th we found Ace curled up inside the console TV in the basement. I recognized this immediately as the behaviour of a cat hiding from pain. Off to the vet we went on Monday. Blood work on Tuesday revealed a certain liver enzyme's count at 623 when the maximum level could be no higher than 158. A possible cause was a malfunctioning thyroid which could easily be treated. But further blood work revealed that his thyroid was fine.

A liver tumour was therefore the dreaded diagnosis. The vet told us that even for a young cat there would be nothing he could do. I resigned myself to Ace having only a few weeks to live. His condition declined very rapidly. By Sunday evening I had to face the reality that his time on this earth was near an end. I broke down at that point. But I couldn't bear to see my friend suffer and steadily lose all dignity. We took him back to the vet on Wednesday morning where he was given an injection and died in my arms.

R.I.P my beloved friend Ace (December 1998? - 21 December 2016)

Unlike our other cats Ace had no time for the paparazzi and refused to ham for the cameras. As a result we don't have too many good shots of Ace. Here are some decent ones (Ace is the big one):

:cry:
Last edited by Hepcat on 02 Jan 2017, 00:53, edited 4 times in total.

"That government governs best that governs least."

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 24 Dec 2016, 08:49

So sorry to hear about your loss, HC.

Having had to calm and comfort a much loved cat while a kindly local lady vet put an end to the utter misery he was suffering as a result of kidney failure a couple of years back, I know exactly how you feel.

Hope that your other pets are all hanging in there and that they will bring you and your family some happiness over the Xmas and New Year holiday.

fueryIre
Location: the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between th

Postby fueryIre » 29 Dec 2016, 09:06

Just got Lucky, Xena and Laika back from their 10-day incarceration in the kennels while Belle and I were in the UK. Don't think have ever been showered with so much affection! Xena's tail has not stopped wagging or her tongue stopped lolling out of the side of her mouth since Ron the guy who runs the kennels let her charge over our threshold about an hour after we got home from the UK last night.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 29 Dec 2016, 10:37

Hepcat wrote:So it was sixteen years ago earlier this month that I saw a wild looking long-haired black cat in the northeast corner window of the Bay store on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto where the Toronto Humane Society was showcasing pets for adoption. Being bereft of cats at the time the thought that popped into my head was "That's the cat for me!" I was told that he was perhaps two years old and I decided to name him Ace after the Bat-Hound.

A few years later on a summer's day Ace was nowhere to be found when I came home from work on a Friday. Nor did he reappear the following morning. Monday morning though I had a phone message at work. It seems Ace had been discovered late Friday afternoon by the elevators just outside the second floor lost and found office of Sears in downtown Toronto just north of the Bay store. Since the Sears store downtown was about six miles away from my house, I was somewhat puzzled but I assumed that Ace must have hitched a ride downtown to revisit the Bay store but got mixed up a bit. Nonetheless he'd been taken home by one of the women and I retrieved him from the Sears lost and found office the following day.

By last summer Ace was a senior citizen in cat terms and had slowed down somewhat. The vet told us that his kidneys were no longer functioning at peak efficiency and that a slow deterioration in his kidney function could be expected at his age. But on Sunday December 12th we found Ace curled up inside the console TV in the basement. I recognized this immediately as the behaviour of a cat hiding from pain. Off to the vet we went on Monday. Blood work on Tuesday revealed a certain liver enzyme's count at 623 when the maximum level could be no higher than 158. A possible cause was a malfunctioning thyroid which could easily be treated. But further blood work revealed that his thyroid was fine.

A liver tumour was therefore the dreaded diagnosis. The vet told us that even for a young cat there would be nothing he could do. I resigned myself to Ace having only a few weeks to live. His condition declined very rapidly. By Sunday evening I had to face the reality that his time on this earth was near an end. I broke down at that point. But I couldn't bear to see my friend suffer and steadily lose all dignity. We took him back to the vet on Wednesday morning where he was given an injection and died in my arms.

R.I.P my beloved friend Ace (December 1998? - 21 December 2016)

:cry:

Sorry for your loss, Hepcat. A consolation perhaps is that 18 is a good age for a cat and he obviously had a great life after such a poor start.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 30 Dec 2016, 10:44

A year ago: Muffin, Azog, Pinocchio, Sotis.

Pinocchio this year (she didn't eat the others)

Flower

Postby Flower » 30 Dec 2016, 11:54

northernsky wrote:A year ago: Muffin, Azog, Pinocchio, Sotis.

Pinocchio this year (she didn't eat the others)

:D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 06 Jan 2017, 04:37

fueryIre wrote:So sorry to hear about your loss, HC.

Having had to calm and comfort a much loved cat while a kindly local lady vet put an end to the utter misery he was suffering as a result of kidney failure a couple of years back, I know exactly how you feel.

Hope that your other pets are all hanging in there and that they will bring you and your family some happiness over the Xmas and New Year holiday.

Rayge wrote:Sorry for your loss, Hepcat. A consolation perhaps is that 18 is a good age for a cat and he obviously had a great life after such a poor start.

Thank you both for your kind words.

We were in no mood to put up the Xmas tree this year but I realized that if we didn't maintain the tradition by putting the tree up for an eleventh straight year then it might very well never go up again. I therefore fought through my sadness and resignation and finally put the tree up on the 24th. Usually we cap the tree off by draping the branches in icicles and then swathing the whole thing in angel hair to complete the silvery-white magical winter wonderland effect. But I didn't have the wherewithal this year to even go out and buy the icicles or angel hair we needed so the tree was a bit more sparsely decorated this year than most.

But on Xmas morning we woke up to find that Scout our twenty month old female cat had already torn down and broken one of the silvery balls.

This of course left shards of broken glass on the floor and was a safety hazard. As a result The WOMAN strongly suggested that I replace any breakable decorations with non-breakable ones (we've acquired a surfeit of decorations over the last decade) and I had to agree. Once again though my enthusiasm level was really low and I had to fight through frustration as well as resignation to do the job of making the tree Scout proof.

It's a good thing I did though since Scout removed another four decorations the next night and a total of nine in all to this point. And the non-breakable ones are tougher to take off because they're hung from a string! I shudder to think how many of the delicate glass ones that all go on with fragile hooks Scout would have broken.

It's all been well worth the effort though. The tree is still a thing of beauty and always draws my eye. Like I say, it represents a magical wintry wonderland with the fibre optics and seven colour LED light strings shining through the silver and white decorations. Gazing upon it has had a calming therapeutic effect on both of us.

"That government governs best that governs least."

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 25 Jan 2017, 01:25

Separated at birth?:

Jimbo wrote:A discredited and shady online publication which gets its information straight from Vladmir Putin himself has accused our hometown good boy Toomanyhatz of belonging to an online band of junkies and McDonald's eaters.
1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

fueryIre

Postby fueryIre » 25 Jan 2017, 07:51

fange wrote:
Here's Vanilla, on her favourite resting post, adopting one of her most lady-like poses.

Think that they've just added a bit of soft focus in photoshop and re-run that as the centrefold in this month's Pethouse

fange

Postby fange » 26 Jan 2017, 08:32

:)
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 06 Feb 2017, 21:25

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 13 Feb 2017, 15:43

Not a pet, I admit, but I saw this beauty in the town centre on Friday. Seen mink in the river before but I've never seen an otter anywhere before.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 16 Mar 2017, 04:18

My dog Frankie after getting bit by a copperhead in August (very scary moment):

And a month or so later:

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 16 Mar 2017, 13:15

Poor Frankie! He (she?)'s a very sweet looking pup.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 16 Mar 2017, 13:40

Frankie is a girl. She's named after a character in Carson McCullers' The Member of the Wedding.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Return to “Nextdoorland”