The future of the Labour Party

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 6381
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Darkness_Fish » 15 Dec 2017, 17:02

Toby wrote:
!!VAPRANT!! wrote:Did any of you see QT last night?

I had to watch half of it through my hands, and Isabel Oakeshott is appalling, but it reminded me that there were/are a fair number of working-class Labour voters in favour of Brexit.


This is the issue that could still kill Labour in the north. If they scupper Brexit (which is entirely possible) the communities that voted Leave/and are trad Labour - will never vote for them again.

Whereas if Brexit happens, the economy tanks, the immigration levels remain the same, are they going to switch to Tory?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23569
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Toby » 15 Dec 2017, 17:28

Darryl Strawberry wrote:
Toby wrote:
!!VAPRANT!! wrote:Did any of you see QT last night?

I had to watch half of it through my hands, and Isabel Oakeshott is appalling, but it reminded me that there were/are a fair number of working-class Labour voters in favour of Brexit.


This is the issue that could still kill Labour in the north. If they scupper Brexit (which is entirely possible) the communities that voted Leave/and are trad Labour - will never vote for them again.

You hope.


Actually, no.

I would not hope for the Labour party to be extinguished. It plays a fundamental role in British politics just like the Tories do. The destruction of a party would probably be filled by undesirables .

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 15 Dec 2017, 19:57

Toby wrote:
I would not hope for the Labour party to be extinguished. It plays a fundamental role in British politics just like the Tories do. The destruction of a party would probably be filled by undesirables .


More undesirable than Emily Thornberry and John McDonnell?

I cannot imagine such a situation.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15640
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Jimbo » 29 Apr 2018, 11:05

Image

I'll bet some of you are going, "Yep, I l knew it was them russkies!"

Fuck your brazen attempt to keep the British people from reclaiming what is being stolen from them by an increasingly corporatist neoliberal government. Fuck your shameless “information war” which places the agendas of plutocrats and intelligence agencies above truth and honest discourse. Fuck your relentless propaganda campaign which smears anyone who remembers the lies they were told about Vietnam, Iraq and Libya as a “useful idiot” and arbitrarily labels any discussion of the very real phenomenon of false flag attacks as a “Kremlin talking point”.
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/fuck ... 380eac5e2c
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6215
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Lord Rother » 29 Apr 2018, 12:32

Poor lassie.

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17037
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby clive gash » 29 Apr 2018, 12:36

What’s that Lassie?

50 white Labour MPs, including Jess Philips, who supported Ruth Smeeth have stayed silent on abuse levelled at Diane Abbott?

Oh the snakes!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51243
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Butch Manly » 29 Apr 2018, 13:33

Jimbo wrote:Image

I'll bet some of you are going, "Yep, I l knew it was them russkies!"

Fuck your brazen attempt to keep the British people from reclaiming what is being stolen from them by an increasingly corporatist neoliberal government. Fuck your shameless “information war” which places the agendas of plutocrats and intelligence agencies above truth and honest discourse. Fuck your relentless propaganda campaign which smears anyone who remembers the lies they were told about Vietnam, Iraq and Libya as a “useful idiot” and arbitrarily labels any discussion of the very real phenomenon of false flag attacks as a “Kremlin talking point”.
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/fuck ... 380eac5e2c


The British establishment (and I include much of the Labour Party in that) is shitting itself at the prospect of a Corbyn as PM so the smear-campaigns are as relentless as they are shrill.

Do the Russians really want a Corbynite government? - I don't think all that dirty money in Knightsbridge and Mayfair (plenty of which finds its way into Tory politicians' bank accounts) would be too chuffed at the Labour Party's policies on closing tax loopholes, chasing tax avoiders and clamping down on money laundering through shell companies.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -companies

Of course, I'm sure Putin's quite happy to do a bit of destabilising of British politics on both sides but the ST's attempt to directly connect Corbyn to Russia when you've got Russian dirty money pouring the Tory party left, right and centre is a tad laughable.

http://www.24housing.co.uk/yournews/hou ... -oligarch/
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 29 Apr 2018, 13:38

I think you are right. The Russians are much more interested in just being destabilising for the sake of it rather than acting in support of a a group of dim witted, champagne guzzling, Millionaire cod socialists.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15640
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Jimbo » 29 Apr 2018, 13:59

yomptepi wrote: The Russians are much more interested in just being destabilising (sic) for the sake of it...


Where do get these stupid ideas? Not to defend Russia here but destabilizing just for the fuck of it is not a plan, not a thing, even. Unless you are referring to the Putin hooligans who spray graffiti and wake up neighborhoods with un-muffled Vespas.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 29 Apr 2018, 14:05

Jimbo wrote:
yomptepi wrote: The Russians are much more interested in just being destabilising (sic) for the sake of it...


Where do get these stupid ideas? Not to defend Russia here but destabilizing just for the fuck of it is not a plan, not a thing, even. Unless you are referring to the Putin hooligans who spray graffiti and wake up neighborhoods with un-muffled Vespas.


I am not suggesting there is a plan, or any kind of agenda. Just the sowing of doubt and mistrust is enough. They just like like fucking with the internet.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17037
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby clive gash » 09 May 2018, 11:21

Thank fuck for the Blairite, unelected Labour peers!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Copehead » 28 May 2018, 16:46

https://medium.com/@TonyGreenstein/naomi-wolf-and-anti-semitisms-mystification-eee49197aa9a

Tony Greenstein article about the weaponisation of anti-Semitism to the point where the only people who can post really anti-Semitic cartoons, like those of George Soros, are right wing Jews and even a caricature of Netanyahu is deemed anti-semitic
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Copehead » 31 May 2018, 01:29

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/may/30/jeremy-corbyns-views-could-drive-jewish-people-from-uk-leader

This sort of hysterical crap suggests that the BoD is now an organization for right wing Jewish people rather than a body representing British Jews.
I wonder if the new leader will change that.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.