The future of the Labour Party

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19581
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 14 Dec 2017, 14:47

They're all cunts. Just because that cunt isn't PM and can afford to make all sorts of promises doesn't make him any less of a cunt.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 13672
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Rayge » 14 Dec 2017, 14:58

!!VAPRANT!! wrote:They're all cunts. Just because that cunt isn't PM and can afford to make all sorts of promises doesn't make him any less of a cunt.

Takes one to know one.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19581
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 14 Dec 2017, 15:09

Nice work, fellas.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32789
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Dec 2017, 15:18

Darryl Strawberry on Priti Patel wrote:She's a hideous, right wing cunt. She's more just to the right of Pol Pot. It's looking increasingly likely she'll be gone and good riddance, I say. This fucker wants to bring back the death penalty. She's deluded.
Conservative MPs failed to rally behind Patel on Tuesday when her conduct was debated in parliament, which will be noted by her critics within the cabinet and the party.

They're cutting her off...
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32789
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Dec 2017, 15:36

You said Priti Patel was to the right of Pol Pot. You call her a fucker, hideous and a cunt.

This sorta post from yourself in relation to the Tories is not unusual, K, let's face it because that's your personal bias.

If you're gonna criticise Coan for comments like that then I think it's a bit rich, you know?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23569
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Toby » 14 Dec 2017, 15:47

Coan's pessimism is at least couched in some sort of pragmatic reality.

Yours is "they're right wing so they must be a cunt", which like most entrenched lefties (or entrenched right wingers) is slightly up and beyond cloud cuckoo land.
Last edited by Toby on 14 Dec 2017, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 13672
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Rayge » 14 Dec 2017, 15:48

Goat Boy wrote:You said Priti Patel was to the right of Pol Pot. You call her a fucker, hideous and a cunt.

This sorta post from yourself in relation to the Tories is not unusual, K, let's face it because that's your personal bias.

If you're gonna criticise Coan for comments like that then I think it's a bit rich, you know?


I don't think it's so much the epithet as that it is applied across the board to all politicians, which makes it meaningless as a criticism of anyone in particular. While I have a lot of sympathy for that point of view, I don't really see it is appropriate or useful in the context of an old duffer wishing his Jewish constituents a Happy Hannukah. That's all.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19581
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 14 Dec 2017, 15:50

Rayge wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:You said Priti Patel was to the right of Pol Pot. You call her a fucker, hideous and a cunt.

This sorta post from yourself in relation to the Tories is not unusual, K, let's face it because that's your personal bias.

If you're gonna criticise Coan for comments like that then I think it's a bit rich, you know?


I don't think it's so much the epithet as that it is applied across the board to all politicians, which makes it meaningless as a criticism of anyone in particular. While I have a lot of sympathy for that point of view, I don't really see it is appropriate or useful in the context of an old duffer wishing his Jewish constituents a Happy Hannukah. That's all.


hence 'takes one to know one'?

I thought you were better than that kind of playground shit, Ray.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Dec 2017, 15:51

!!VAPRANT!! wrote:
Rayge wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:You said Priti Patel was to the right of Pol Pot. You call her a fucker, hideous and a cunt.

This sorta post from yourself in relation to the Tories is not unusual, K, let's face it because that's your personal bias.

If you're gonna criticise Coan for comments like that then I think it's a bit rich, you know?


I don't think it's so much the epithet as that it is applied across the board to all politicians, which makes it meaningless as a criticism of anyone in particular. While I have a lot of sympathy for that point of view, I don't really see it is appropriate or useful in the context of an old duffer wishing his Jewish constituents a Happy Hannukah. That's all.


hence 'takes one to know one'?

I thought you were better than that kind of playground shit, Ray.


I'd say he's a product of his BCB environment.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 13672
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Rayge » 14 Dec 2017, 16:04

!!VAPRANT!! wrote:hence 'takes one to know one'?

I thought you were better than that kind of playground shit, Ray.


Well, first of all, I know for a fact that you love that 'playground shit', which makes up a large proportion of your posts, including the one I was commenting on, so as far as I was concerned I was replying in kind :) .
Secondly, if you thought I was 'better' than that, you don't know me at all.
And thirdly, as it happens I genuinely like Corbyn as a politician; he's more or less the same age as me and has pretty much the same solid Labour views as I grew up with, and rejects the Thatcher-Blair-bullshit bullshit that has polluted British politics since 1979, and in my limited view hasn't actually promised anything he couldn't deliver with a decent majority.
And for the record, I also think that Israel is a rogue state, while not harbouring any anti-Jewish views, and that the provisional IRA, while their tactics were as vile as those of any military or paramilitary organization, did at least have a cause I agreed with.
no harm though.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32789
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Dec 2017, 16:10

Darryl Strawberry wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:You said Priti Patel was to the right of Pol Pot. You call her a fucker, hideous and a cunt.

This sorta post from yourself in relation to the Tories is not unusual, K, let's face it because that's your personal bias.

If you're gonna criticise Coan for comments like that then I think it's a bit rich, you know?


Well, to quote the Big Lebowiski, "...say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos." I'm arguing a position. Coan's antipathy is miserable. He has no position because it's too hard. Any Patel is pretty fucking hideously right wing, however much you fancy her.


I think Coan has a position, he's just not as fervently attached to a group like you. I think it's actually easier to assume a position like yours and attach yourself to one particular group.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19581
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 14 Dec 2017, 16:12

Rayge wrote:
!!VAPRANT!! wrote:hence 'takes one to know one'?

I thought you were better than that kind of playground shit, Ray.


Well, first of all, I know for a fact that you love that 'playground shit', which makes up a large proportion of your posts, including the one I was commenting on, so as far as I was concerned I was replying in kind :) .


I might be wrong, but I don't think I've ever called anyone a cunt here and meant it. Not unless they've called me the same beforehand.

Something I've always found difficult to understand is when people hit back at other people personally just for criticising a musician or a politician or a writer or whatever they like.

Anyway - on we go.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32789
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Dec 2017, 16:30

Darryl Strawberry wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
Darryl Strawberry wrote:
Well, to quote the Big Lebowiski, "...say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos." I'm arguing a position. Coan's antipathy is miserable. He has no position because it's too hard. Any Patel is pretty fucking hideously right wing, however much you fancy her.


I think Coan has a position, he's just not as fervently attached to a group like you. I think it's actually easier to assume a position like yours and attach yourself to one particular group.

I think you are being overgenerous with your interpretation of John's intentions. As if he's thought about it beforehand.


Thought about politics? About Corbyn? I think he probably has.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 13672
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Rayge » 14 Dec 2017, 17:32

!!VAPRANT!! wrote:I might be wrong, but I don't think I've ever called anyone a cunt here and meant it. Not unless they've called me the same beforehand.

Sorry about that. It never even occurred to me that I was calling you a cunt by saying that. It is, as you suggested, a playground riposte to what I saw as a provocative statement, meaning nothing in particular, to me at least. I apologize for calling you a cunt, but I certainly never meant it, in the sense of personal insult delivered in anger

!!VAPRANT!! wrote:Something I've always found difficult to understand is when people hit back at other people personally just for criticising a musician or a politician or a writer or whatever they like.


Um, bit disingenuous? I didn't see a criticism so much as a Yah-Boo-Sucks. But that's cleaving rabbits. Basically, didn't mean anything personal.

!!VAPRANT!! wrote:Anyway - on we go.


Singing, as our Gracie was wont to suggest, as we do.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17037
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby clive gash » 14 Dec 2017, 17:33

What a bunch of cunts.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Copehead » 14 Dec 2017, 19:12

Toby wrote:Coan's pessimism is at least couched in some sort of pragmatic reality.

Yours is "they're right wing so they must be a cunt", which like most entrenched lefties (or entrenched right wingers) is slightly up and beyond cloud cuckoo land.


Almost Hobbesian in its intellectual rigour that one.

The idea that Coan's "They're all cunts" is couched in pragmatic reality is fucking pathetic. As DS said it is all too difficult for him and "they're all cunts" has been the cry of the intellectually challenged since Universal Suffrage.

The allusion that you aren't an entrenched right winger is also pretty laughable.

How is "They're all cunts" any better than "they are right wing and therefore a cunt"?

The original point was Priti Patel is a cunt, and that seems pretty unarguable, unless you would like to swing that massive brain of yours behind marshaling a defence of her attempt to divert the UK aid budget to the Israeli army.

That appears to me to be unarguably the action of a cunt.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12849
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby The Modernist » 15 Dec 2017, 07:30

Rayge wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:You said Priti Patel was to the right of Pol Pot. You call her a fucker, hideous and a cunt.

This sorta post from yourself in relation to the Tories is not unusual, K, let's face it because that's your personal bias.

If you're gonna criticise Coan for comments like that then I think it's a bit rich, you know?


I don't think it's so much the epithet as that it is applied across the board to all politicians, which makes it meaningless as a criticism of anyone in particular. While I have a lot of sympathy for that point of view, I don't really see it is appropriate or useful in the context of an old duffer wishing his Jewish constituents a Happy Hannukah. That's all.


Well said Ray.
Some of the posters on here are worse than the Daily Mail on what they attack Corbyn for. It's like a weird obsession.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23569
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Toby » 15 Dec 2017, 08:38

Copehead wrote:How is "They're all cunts" any better than "they are right wing and therefore a cunt"?


That view at least sits closer to the more sensible and reasonable position that there are essentially good and bad politicians on the spectrum that are not defined by their political hue. To suggest that only right wing politicians are awful is deeply misguided.

We should be judging politicians by their competence more than anything else. I'm in no doubt that this government has more than its fair share of incompetents, but the next iteration will be exactly the same.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12849
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby The Modernist » 15 Dec 2017, 09:05

Toby wrote:
We should be judging politicians by their competence more than anything else.


I disagree with that. Obviously competence in any job is important, that's a given, but it shouldn't be the main yardstick. After all, it's up to senior civil servants to actually apply government policy in an efficient and practical way.
Politicians should be judged on what they stand for, their values and, most crucially of all, how hard they work to apply those values to what they do.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23569
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Toby » 15 Dec 2017, 09:06

So if someone is incompetent but means well, that's ok?