The future of the Labour Party

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 24 Apr 2017, 15:39

Deebank wrote:As a human and especially as socialist I have the ability to empathise - I may not be a coal miner, but I know it's a fucking hard, dirty, physical job. I may not be a teacher but I know it's challenging and demanding and goes way beyond the hours spent with the kids in the class room. I may not also be a nurse but I can fully appreciate how tough physically and emotionally the demands of the role are.

And if all else fails I could - if I wanted to be a professional politician - talk to them and their representatives. And that interaction is not a patronising one... Well perhaps only to burnt out cynical misanthropic old farts.


You may empathize. But you cannot represent. the idea that the wife of a high court judge on a million pounds a year, and living in a £3 million house in Islington, can represent the poor and dispossessed hundreds of miles away is a joke. Corbyn's Labour are a joke.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22912
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Deebank » 24 Apr 2017, 15:44

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:As a human and especially as socialist I have the ability to empathise - I may not be a coal miner, but I know it's a fucking hard, dirty, physical job. I may not be a teacher but I know it's challenging and demanding and goes way beyond the hours spent with the kids in the class room. I may not also be a nurse but I can fully appreciate how tough physically and emotionally the demands of the role are.

And if all else fails I could - if I wanted to be a professional politician - talk to them and their representatives. And that interaction is not a patronising one... Well perhaps only to burnt out cynical misanthropic old farts.


You may empathize. But you cannot represent. the idea that the wife of a high court judge on a million pounds a year, and living in a £3 million house in Islington, can represent the poor and dispossessed hundreds of miles away is a joke. Corbyn's Labour are a joke.


What does that make the tories Yomp? Surely they can only represent the most rapacious and greedy cunts in their constituencies.
Where I live has a broad mix of people from different social and economic backgrounds. How is tory toff Hugo Swire meant to represent the single parent family from across the road?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5295
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Darkness_Fish » 24 Apr 2017, 15:57

yomptepi wrote:You may empathize. But you cannot represent. the idea that the wife of a high court judge on a million pounds a year, and living in a £3 million house in Islington, can represent the poor and dispossessed hundreds of miles away is a joke. Corbyn's Labour are a joke.

So are you suggesting that the poor should vote Tory, because they don't even attempt to represent the poor?

Btw, Jeremy Corbyn's house is valued at about £925,000, and looks a bit shit. My house is much nicer, and cost about a quarter of that.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8255
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Pansy Puff » 24 Apr 2017, 16:00

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:As a human and especially as socialist I have the ability to empathise - I may not be a coal miner, but I know it's a fucking hard, dirty, physical job. I may not be a teacher but I know it's challenging and demanding and goes way beyond the hours spent with the kids in the class room. I may not also be a nurse but I can fully appreciate how tough physically and emotionally the demands of the role are.

And if all else fails I could - if I wanted to be a professional politician - talk to them and their representatives. And that interaction is not a patronising one... Well perhaps only to burnt out cynical misanthropic old farts.


You may empathize. But you cannot represent. the idea that the wife of a high court judge on a million pounds a year, and living in a £3 million house in Islington, can represent the poor and dispossessed hundreds of miles away is a joke. Corbyn's Labour are a joke.

So she should be a Tory, but she turns her back on all that the Tories would give her because she believes in social justice. And she's seen as the problem, not you money grubbing Tory cunts.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22912
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Deebank » 24 Apr 2017, 16:08

I think what Yomp's saying is that the only way Corbyn can ever represent you is if you own his house in Islington and have exactly the same income... Anything less would be patronising.

You probably have to have a man-bun and a beard too though.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 24 Apr 2017, 16:40

Deebank wrote:I think what Yomp's saying is that the only way Corbyn can ever represent you is if you own his house in Islington and have exactly the same income... Anything less would be patronising.

You probably have to have a man-bun and a beard too though.


Corbyn represents the people in his constituency, who are , by and large , well off. His close allies also represent similarly affluent areas, and in Thornberry's case, have exhibited nothing but derision for the working people of this country. Time will tell, but I would be very surprised if anyone north of St Albans felt any connection with the aloof and arrogant hierarchy of Corbyn's Labour Party. I could be wrong, but i think I am probably right.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45005
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby The Prof » 24 Apr 2017, 17:14

yomptepi wrote:Corbyn represents the people in his constituency, who are , by and large , well off.


Not really.

Having stopped in an AirBnB last Summer a bit further down the road from his house (and totally unaware at the time) It's not a plush area. The houses nearby might be bigish for London standards (though some, I suispect are turned into flats) but the high street is grotty. Greasy cafes and run down hairdressers is what I remember and litter everywhere.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 24 Apr 2017, 17:34

The Prof wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Corbyn represents the people in his constituency, who are , by and large , well off.


Not really.

Having stopped in an AirBnB last Summer a bit further down the road from his house (and totally unaware at the time) It's not a plush area. The houses nearby might be bigish for London standards (though some, I suispect are turned into flats) but the high street is grotty. Greasy cafes and run down hairdressers is what I remember and litter everywhere.


It's how the hipster elite chose to live.

and of course, they have a piss poor council
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22912
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Deebank » 24 Apr 2017, 17:47

yomptepi wrote: and in Thornberry's case, have exhibited nothing but derision for the working people of this country.


By this you mean she once posted a picture of a white van parked outside a house in Rochester with three English flags draped down its front - without comment - on Twitter.

I'm not sure that 'outrage' justifies your hatred.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 24 Apr 2017, 18:34

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote: and in Thornberry's case, have exhibited nothing but derision for the working people of this country.


By this you mean she once posted a picture of a white van parked outside a house in Rochester with three English flags draped down its front - without comment - on Twitter.

I'm not sure that 'outrage' justifies your hatred.


Which says just about everything there is to say about you.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Canis lupus
Posts: 1444
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 19:38
Location: Tickhill

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Canis lupus » 24 Apr 2017, 21:06

yomptepi wrote:
The Prof wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Corbyn represents the people in his constituency, who are , by and large , well off.


Not really.

Having stopped in an AirBnB last Summer a bit further down the road from his house (and totally unaware at the time) It's not a plush area. The houses nearby might be bigish for London standards (though some, I suispect are turned into flats) but the high street is grotty. Greasy cafes and run down hairdressers is what I remember and litter everywhere.


It's how the hipster elite chose to live.
...and of course, they have a piss poor council


top rank :lol:

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22912
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Deebank » 25 Apr 2017, 12:52

:{ wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
The Prof wrote:
Not really.

Having stopped in an AirBnB last Summer a bit further down the road from his house (and totally unaware at the time) It's not a plush area. The houses nearby might be bigish for London standards (though some, I suispect are turned into flats) but the high street is grotty. Greasy cafes and run down hairdressers is what I remember and litter everywhere.


It's how the hipster elite chose to live.
...and of course, they have a piss poor council


top rank :lol:


Rhyming slang?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65788
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 May 2017, 10:23

Image
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

User avatar
ORORORO
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17367
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby ORORORO » 03 May 2017, 11:43

:lol:
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Copehead » 03 May 2017, 22:45

Diamond Dog wrote:Image


The best thing is she clearly doesn't give a fuck that she can't remember a very important number.
I bet she can eat a chip though by the look of her.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 05 May 2017, 17:46

have we accidentally uncovered Copehead's real identity

http://newsthump.com/2017/05/05/labour- ... the-votes/

"Speaking in that breathy, slightly creepy way she has, Abbott declared a huge landslide for Labour across the country – with the Conservatives and SNP facing ‘complete wipeout’ based on her figures.

“Thanks to Diane’s remarkable command of mathematics, Labour have swept to victory with well over 100% of the vote nationwide,” we were told.

“We believe that the birds of the air and the fishes of the seas came forth to cast their vote for him; it’s the only way her maths can be correct.

“She says now we’ve seized the country she’ll be working up her calculations on how we can turn the observable universe into nurses and policemen for 40p each.”

When told that Labour had actually lost, Diane said she wasn’t one hundred and eleventy billion percent certain of the actual numbers but she was confident events would prove her right."
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42681
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby LeBaron » 05 May 2017, 19:23

I'm pretty interested to learn that a high court judge makes a million pounds a year! Is this true?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35064
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby yomptepi » 05 May 2017, 20:00

Still Baron wrote:I'm pretty interested to learn that a high court judge makes a million pounds a year! Is this true?


It is.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad
Posts: 50801
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 11 Jun 2017, 15:52

Toby wrote:He is divisive. Everybody has an opinion on him, which if he was super talented, I'd say would be an enormous asset.

But the reality seems to be that in places where Labour needs to win votes, some polls are identifying him as the main reason for not doing so.

I accept the reasons for Corbyn being leader, but I'm sad that a once proud party is being corroded by tedious old hard lefties who have no fucking idea about anything.


*Bump*

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=131864&start=220
Little Jim was no-one's fool - he owned the town's only jam butty mine.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23693
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: The future of the Labour Party

Postby Copehead » 11 Jun 2017, 21:58

Pat O'Banton wrote:
Toby wrote:He is divisive. Everybody has an opinion on him, which if he was super talented, I'd say would be an enormous asset.

But the reality seems to be that in places where Labour needs to win votes, some polls are identifying him as the main reason for not doing so.

I accept the reasons for Corbyn being leader, but I'm sad that a once proud party is being corroded by tedious old hard lefties who have no fucking idea about anything.


*Bump*

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=131864&start=220


To be fair to Toby based in my experience, but based entirely on my social circle, 40% of people are tedious old hard lefties who have no fucking idea about anything
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.