The word assassination thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 21:20

bae
literally
"on yesterday"
floral (as a noun)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 36808
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Charlie O. » 14 Jul 2016, 21:30

"So" beginning a sentence that in no way requires it (usually an answer to a question). Been hearing that a LOT lately... even especially on NPR.
Image

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 21:37

"I'd like to thank..."

Go nuts! Thank away!
:x
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 13980
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby The Great Defector » 14 Jul 2016, 21:42

This thread is "super" pedantic.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 21:48

hella (by non-Californians)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 13980
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby The Great Defector » 14 Jul 2016, 21:51

"Top of the morning" by Irish people, so annoying.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvenist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 22:09

"awesome sauce"
God almighty how I hate "awesome sauce"
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose
hounds people off the board
Posts: 11792
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose » 14 Jul 2016, 22:19

"going forward"
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

User avatar
clive gash
Thanks Kate - I love it
Posts: 11913
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: standing around, exchanging tales and mischief...

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby clive gash » 14 Jul 2016, 22:25

Not in the knackers.
Diamond Dog wrote:I'd like to say I'd never resort to bombs - but I'm not sure I can ever truly 'walk in those shoes'?

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 22:31

Me Mark Page wrote:"going forward"


:oops:

I used that yesterday. What, "in the future," better?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose
hounds people off the board
Posts: 11792
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose » 14 Jul 2016, 22:33

Count Machuki wrote:
Me Mark Page wrote:"going forward"


:oops:

I used that yesterday. What, "in the future," better?


I often find it used with words like 'plan', e.g. 'what's your plan going forward?' - the phrase is completely redundant.

It's kind of annoying, anyway. Sorry C :oops:


oh, and

"what's wrong with this picture?"
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 22:35

Yeah, I think my use was something like "do it this way going forward so you don't fuck it up again" only with less swearing.

oh, and

"adult" as a verb
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose
hounds people off the board
Posts: 11792
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose » 14 Jul 2016, 22:37

Count Machuki wrote:oh, and

"adult" as a verb


That's WEIRD!

example?
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 22:45

Me Mark Page wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:oh, and

"adult" as a verb


That's WEIRD!

example?


Oh it's all over FB.
"I have too much to do too many yak yak yak I'm the busiest blah blah blah. I just can't stand to adult today."

http://jezebel.com/youre-not-adulting-y ... 1746878718
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose
hounds people off the board
Posts: 11792
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby nebeprisikiškiakopūstlapiaujančiuosiuose » 14 Jul 2016, 22:50

Fuck's sake :x
Quaco wrote:Donovan is a very silly man.

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 8502
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Polishgirl » 14 Jul 2016, 23:06

Get involved

Reach out to.. As in making contact with. Yuck!
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 36272
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: Gringolandia

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Jul 2016, 23:32

Polishgirl wrote:Get involved



Aww, come on. It's JB-approved!

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

clive gash wrote:LOOK AT ITS EYES FFS

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 19648
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Jeemo » 15 Jul 2016, 00:56

Fucking sports people hoping "to medal" at the Olympics.

Hope the twats get "to injure"
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 3876
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby echolalia » 15 Jul 2016, 01:32

Dr Markus wrote:"Top of the morning" by Irish people, so annoying.

They say that, in Ireland? That's so picturesque!



"Engage" used intransitively. "Let's engage."

User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 2879
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: The word assassination thread

Postby Fonz » 15 Jul 2016, 06:36

echolalia wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:"Top of the morning" by Irish people, so annoying.

They say that, in Ireland? That's so picturesque!
"


To be sure, to be sure!
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flower, Google [Bot] and 3 guests