Saturday Night Drinking Thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Great Defector

Re: Saturday Night Drinking Thread

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Feb 2017, 14:37

K wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Watching snow white and the huntsman, not as bad as I thought, waiting for UFC 200. Of course accompanied with tins of Guinness and junk food.

:cry:
Yuk. Why would anyone mix Guinness and junk food in a tin?

To taste was Guinness outside of Ireland probably tastes like.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 11 Feb 2017, 14:58

The Great Defector wrote::lol: I tried to drink cider when I was younger I lasted 3 months before I said "fuck that for a game of cards".

Probably that Irish pisswater Magners!

My cider is purest Devonshire apples crushed, pressed and left for three months. Nothing added not even yeast.

Magic!
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Feb 2017, 15:01

Deebank wrote:
The Great Defector wrote::lol: I tried to drink cider when I was younger I lasted 3 months before I said "fuck that for a game of cards".

My cider is purest Devonshire apples crushed, pressed and left for three months. Nothing added not even yeast.

Magic!

Magners is north the border, it's bulmers down in the free state. According to cider drinkers over here, you can taste the difference. :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 11 Feb 2017, 15:04

The Great Defector wrote:
K wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Watching snow white and the huntsman, not as bad as I thought, waiting for UFC 200. Of course accompanied with tins of Guinness and junk food.

:cry:
Yuk. Why would anyone mix Guinness and junk food in a tin?

To taste was Guinness outside of Ireland probably tastes like.

That's easy for you to say.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 11 Feb 2017, 15:08

Deebank wrote:

Magic!

Magners is north the border, it's bulmers down in the free state. According to cider drinkers over here, you can taste the difference. :?

Bulmers is Herefordshire M, marginally better than Magners, but neither is the real deal.

I thought Magners was ROI - you live and learn!
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Feb 2017, 06:03

I drank a half a bottle of 2014 Meursault tonight with dinner. It was delicious and I have the slightest warm buzz. Just right.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 25 Mar 2017, 20:15

Drinking the usual, while watching a shit load of basketball. LA clippers/Utah then what ever NCAA games are on after.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 23 Jun 2017, 17:29

Was gonna start a "whatca doing for the weekend" thread but this will do.

Stout and the might Radiohead tonight.
ANOTHER engagement party tomorrow night, :(
Then UFC and more stout on Sunday, I'm off Monday so no Monday blues at work.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Jun 2017, 17:41

Dinner at a friend's tonight
Playing a show tomorrow
Family visit in San Antonio Sunday
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 23 Jun 2017, 23:07

Stout and the mighty Radiohead tonight.

Sweet holy mother of sweet fuck I genuinely love Radiohead.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 24 Jun 2017, 01:11

I'm in a hotel room in a strange town in New Brunswick, breathing in the strangely scented air (a mix of coffee grounds and outhouse, as B put it) and slowly getting knocked out by white wine and beer.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 24 Jun 2017, 01:50

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I'm in a hotel room in a strange town in New Brunswick, breathing in the strangely scented air (a mix of coffee grounds and outhouse, as B put it) and slowly getting knocked out by white wine and beer.

Basically kanadians can't drink.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Jun 2017, 06:16

I went to my current favorite place to drink beer that isn't walking distance, Pangaea with a friend. We meet up there regularly to taste the brews. They always have a great selection, from sours to bourbon barrel aged monsters and they serve them in correct glasses, etc. so it's hard to go wrong there. I had a nice Gose style beer from Anderson Valley (NorCal) and a porter I really liked a lot. I forget who made the porter but it was tasty. I'm done for the night though. I had a nice glass of wine with dinner.