3%
12. KP
6%

Total votes: 34

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Your favourite brand of crisps

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Feb 2018, 17:48

They've got all these kinds of hybrid things out now - chips made of beans, "popped" corn chips, etc. They're all pretty terrible, as far I can tell.

Good shout on the Zapp's, Count, love me those. Utz, not so much. They're out of PA, so they don't hold the charm of limited availability/exoticism.

sloopjohnc wrote:I thought Doritos comeback to the rumor was good.

When you say "rumor," it makes it sound like the CEO didn't say they were developing the idea, whereas my understanding is that she did in fact say that. The extremity of the backlash may have been unwarranted (or not, that's debatable), but that's something else.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Feb 2018, 18:11

Calbee is the number one Japanese maker of chips and on the market shelves right next to Calbee's "lightly salted" chips, the normal potato chip, are the seaweed and salt flavored ones. I usually choose the normal chips but these are fine. When i first came to Japan a good Japanese chip was rare. The best ones may have been Pringles but now the Japanese make a fantastic variety of potato chips.
Gadfly

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 Feb 2018, 23:44

Calbee is common in Hong Kong too. I think they even have a factory here. They’re fine but not up to the standard of UK brands but will do at a pinch. I like their French fry type things (jagabee?)

Griff's Colombian Friend
funky thigh collector

Postby Griff's Colombian Friend » 16 Feb 2018, 22:28

i look forward to a future where someone invents 'breakfast crisps'.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?