In or out?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Should the UK remain in the European Union?

Yes we should stay in
86%
No we should leave
8%
Abstain
6%

Total votes: 66

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: In or out?

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Jan 2017, 13:48

A cunt delivering what cunts voted for.

God help us all
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 17 Jan 2017, 13:49

Well, it is what it is. On the up side, I have doubts the EU will be around long enough for us to ever leave fully.
You don't like me...do you?

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 17 Jan 2017, 13:49

Goat Boy wrote:A cunt delivering what cunts voted for.

God help us all

I think you might have just described democracy.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Jan 2017, 13:57

I'm warming to fascism
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 17 Jan 2017, 14:05

Hail Putin
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 17 Jan 2017, 14:14

yomptepi wrote:She is delivering what the people voted for. You cannot fault her for that.

Is she? Did they?

They voted to leave the EU.
They weren't asked if they want to leave the single market or the customs union and certainly not the European Commission for Human Rights (just heard a tory saying this was now a priority) which isn't anything to do with the EU.

It's not good enough to say that everyone knew that this is what Brexit meant - because they most certainly did not. It's a fucking carve-up.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Jan 2017, 14:28

Don't worry folks, Labour will stand up to all this bollocks. Corbyn is leading the resistance

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 17 Jan 2017, 14:34

Goat Boy wrote:I'm warming to fascism

As Churchill once said.... "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 17 Jan 2017, 14:55

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:She is delivering what the people voted for. You cannot fault her for that.

Is she? Did they?

They weren't asked if they want to leave the single market or the customs union and certainly not the European Commission for Human Rights (just heard a tory saying this was now a priority) which isn't anything to do with the EU.

It's not good enough to say that everyone knew that this is what Brexit meant - because they most certainly did not. It's a fucking carve-up.

Nothing to do with Eu?

Really?

The last thing I wanted was for a vote to leave . I thought, at the time , that we would be stronger in. And I am a progressive. leaving is clearly a regressive step.

But the attitude of the Europeans to the decision has been very telling. They don't want to negotiate, and they cannot see how they have any of the blame in the decision to leave. I think the case to leave has gained ground, to the point that if there was a second referendum, I think it would go even further against staying.

And what do we have to gain from an economic union in which 23 of the 27 members are bankrupt? It isn't as if the economic situation is Europe is improving, or that any of these bankrupt countries have suddenly become viable , is it? So now Germany and France will have to carry everyone else. I cannot see that lasting long. the French elections may keep the FN at bay this year, but what about the next election? Unless the EU can sort out its currency issues, and rein in the subsidy problems, I cannot see how it will be in either France or Germany's interest to stick with it. Once the subsidies run out, do you think the eastern block countries will stay? As it is they ignore 90% of the laws, and 100% of the requirements for free movement of people. Why would we want to be tied to a trade organisation where the rules are only adhered to by 5% of the members? The EU is done for. I never thought I would say it, but leaving might be the best thing we ever do. And i think a clean and complete break is the only option we have. If we try to remain in any part, we will be made to pay so dearly for it, it will be unaffordable. Why would we be so desperate to be a member of a club which quite clearly does not want us?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Jan 2017, 14:55

Cut off all ties with the EU. Check. Step one towards Trump bailing out Brexit-ed Britain.
Question authority.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 17 Jan 2017, 15:00

Jimbo wrote:Cut off all ties with the EU. Check. Step one towards Trump bailing out Brexit-ed Britain.

If Trump goes ahead with his trade wars, then the whole situation changes. 35% import charge on BMW and Mercedes? That is going to hurt.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Jan 2017, 15:02

yomptepi wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Cut off all ties with the EU. Check. Step one towards Trump bailing out Brexit-ed Britain.

If Trump goes ahead with his trade wars, then the whole situation changes. 35% import charge on BMW and Mercedes? That is going to hurt.

Not if you move company headquarters or a factory or two to the US.

OR get you guys to buy more Chevrolets.
Question authority.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 17 Jan 2017, 15:05

Jimbo wrote:
Not if you move company headquarters or a factory or two to the US.

Moving jobs and capital out of Europe. German car manufacturers have just learned a very costly lesson after the debacle of moving VW production to Spain, only to have to return it to Germany soon after. You cannot have an economic powerhouse if the jobs are all abroad.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 17 Jan 2017, 15:06

Jimbo wrote:
OR get you guys to buy more Chevrolets.

Like that is ever going to happen.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 17 Jan 2017, 15:08

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Is she? Did they?

Nothing to do with Eu?

Really?

Apologies I meant the European Court Of Human Rights which is what was mentioned on the news earlier. Not part of the EU and yet May seems to think that it should be bundled in - even though no one voted to come out of it.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 17 Jan 2017, 15:08

Oh stop being such a twat.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 17 Jan 2017, 15:16

:lol:

bit late for THAT
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 17 Jan 2017, 15:37

He's been in overdrive recently

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Jan 2017, 17:37

Goat Boy wrote:He's been in overdrive recently

In his shitty Chevrolet.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 17 Jan 2017, 19:05