gender-free bathrooms

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

?!?!?!?!?

ABSOLUTELY fair! and let's see more of it!
48%
I really don't know
11%
FUCK OFF
41%

Total votes: 27

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Re: gender-free bathrooms

Postby The Red Heifer » 24 Jul 2016, 00:06

Meanwhile, in the NBA

A North Carolina law limiting the state's anti-discrimination protections has prompted the NBA to move next year's All-Star Game from Charlotte.

League commissioner Adam Silver warned last month at the NBA Finals and again earlier this month that the law, which has caused an uproar in the gay and transgender community, could prompt such a move.

Among the problems the NBA and other critics have with House Bill 2 (HB2) is that it mandates transgender people use public restrooms corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificates and omits gay and transgender people from discrimination protection.

"While we recognize that the NBA cannot choose the law in every city, state, and country in which we do business, we do not believe we can successfully host our All-Star festivities in Charlotte in the climate created by HB2," Silver said in a statement.

"The NBA will make an announcement on the new location of the 2017 NBA All-Star Game in the coming weeks."

Silver said the NBA removed the game from Charlotte "with the hope of rescheduling for 2019," but added, "provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter."

An attempted compromise bill did not go far enough to satisfy league concerns.

"We do not endorse the version of the bill that we understand is currently before the legislature," an NBA statement said earlier this month.

"We remain committed to our guiding principles of inclusion, mutual respect and equal protections for all."

The Human Rights Campaign (HRC), America's largest LGBT (Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender) organization, hailed the NBA's decision.

"The NBA and commissioner Silver sent a clear message that they won't stand for discrimination," HRC president Chad Griffin said.

Silver said he had been working with city and state officials and business leaders trying to avoid the "enormous economic damage" of losing the All-Star weekend spectacle.

"Since March, when North Carolina enacted HB2 and the issue of legal protections for the LGBT community in Charlotte became prominent, the NBA and the Charlotte Hornets have been working diligently to foster constructive dialogue and try to effect positive change.

"We have been guided in these discussions by the long-standing core values of our league. These include not only diversity, inclusion, fairness and respect for others but also the willingness to listen and consider opposing points of view," he said.

Months of advance preparation are needed for the NBA's mid-season showcase, putting pressure on the NBA not to wait for North Carolina politicians to return from a summer break.

Silver said he was confident the environment at home games of the Charlotte Hornets, owned by retired NBA legend Michael Jordan, would be inclusive for all.

"Charlotte and the Hornets organization have sought to provide an inclusive environment," Silver said.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 24 Jul 2016, 00:44

yomptepi wrote:
Betty Denim wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/lanesainty/trans-woman-brazilian-wax?utm_term=.qenxM7a0YB#.in1pbRn1dE

So women are now expected to touch a penis against their wishes if the owner of one declares themself a woman?

Unbelievable.

“My body doesn’t match up to their expectations as a female,” she said.

That will be that big cock and balls right there... :(

The problem here is that we seem to now live in a world where people expect the legal system to protect their precious feelings.

I'm fine with acknowledging her as a woman. I can even feel bad for her. But is it the shops' fault that she didn't clearly communicate her physical state? Should they be forced to provide a service they don't provide so she won't have to 'feel ugly?' Man up, sister.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Sambient

Postby Sambient » 04 Aug 2016, 21:15

Jimbo wrote:

Via school, I have a female friend who presents as male. She's not necessarily trying to pass as male. But she dresses and grooms herself in a way that is easily described as boyish. Including refusing to wax the hair on her upper lip. She's petite. Former military. Speaks in a lower register. Initial glance, one might view her as a young dude. I know I was unsure for the first few minutes. She is who she is.
I've known that I worry about her when it comes to public restrooms. Will someone assault her for using the women's facilities? I've never raised the question, because it feels to me like I'm pointing out her differentness.
One of the many things I enjoy about her is she can be quite direct. So I've learned that, yes, it can be dicey to be her.
Apparently, there's times she's made to feel uncomfortable when she enters a public restroom.
I don't know a reasonable solution for her. I want her to be safe. I want her to be able to be herself. I want it to be a non-issue when she simply needs to relieve herself.

Samoan

delete error

Postby Samoan » 20 Apr 2018, 17:35

Error.
I can't figure out how to bump old threads so they can be newly commented on or read while logged in
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Apr 2018, 17:43

Ta!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 Apr 2018, 17:43

Oh, it sort of worked !!
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2018, 17:44

I seem to have misplaced five million dollars. Do me a favour, would you Samoan?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 20 Apr 2018, 17:45

It's down the back of the sofa

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2018, 17:45

Ta!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Apr 2018, 17:55

But it’s my sofa.

:)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Apr 2018, 18:13

You snooze you lose!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Sep 2018, 08:18

Toilet Wars

Israel Shamir • September 22, 2018