Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jun 2018, 04:15

I dreamed I was talking with Joe Rogan on his podcast and he wouldn't listen to me. It was a discussion of psychedelics and I had a bon mot or two to add to the chat but when I spoke only a hoarse croak came out. When I went to clear my throat he moved the discussion on without me.

Of course I had his podcast on in one ear as I slept but still the motherfucker dissed me!
Question authority.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 29 Jun 2018, 23:32

I had a dream recently where I had this huge, gaping hole in my side, like a broken porcelain figure with a piece missing.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

joklend

Postby joklend » 22 Jul 2018, 10:41

I rarely talk about my dreams on the internet but this one was too odd not to share. I dreamt I was watching blurry documentary footage of 90s Coronation Street characters (chiefly Curly Watts, Alec Gilroy and Spider) instigating a riot over conditions on some tropical island holiday. They beat up a few of the fellow tourists and held a siege leading to them burning the camp and shooting the managers dead.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 23 Jul 2018, 07:00

I've recently been in some hot water, nearly fired in fact, because I was late or had slept through a few lessons I'd been contracted to teach. Each episode is an embarrassing story in itself but as a result my wife, my boss and even I have made efforts to make sure I'm aware of my schedule and on time. That said I just dreamed I was late for another lesson. I was on the way to the lesson and already a little late and when I got to the school I hurried to the classroom and the class was filled with elementary school kids not my college-aged students. Then I remembered my students were in the new classroom on the other side of the school. Somehow I had to cross a street to get there and needed to wait at a long red light. I noticed and followed this guy who jay-walked and took a short cut through a tiny alley behind a ramen shop but I was too fat to enter the alley and had to go around. All the panic and shame I had felt when I was really late was in the dream but then I woke up and saw with great relief I still had plenty of time to get to today's lesson on time. Whew!
Question authority.

Jastreb_J21

Postby Jastreb_J21 » 27 Jul 2018, 19:45

I've been having recurrent long, drawn out, and grisly dreams for all of my life.

One of the latest in date had me walking through the ruins of my hometown, that had been bombed, contaminated, or something, and subsequently deserted, with a final result that looked like a very dusty Chernobyl. I was scouring the streets, holding an old hunting rifle at the low ready should I meet a threat. Which threat, I don't know, because the whole city looked like it had been abandoned for long, with barricaded windows with rusting nails and broken glass turned opaque by the years.
I was walking near the walls, from cover to cover, as to minimise my time in the open. I remember I was wearing a gasmask (the feeling of it was extremely realistic, the rubber gripping your skin, the Darth Vader breath, the field of sight restricted by the lenses) and a long coat, and that I was hunting for supplies.

However, after a longish time of prowling through the ruins, I met someone else. At least it looked like someone, with a heavy kevlar helmet, a better gasmask than I had with a tube that put the filter in the back and a straw to drink out of a canteen, a military-grade flak jacket and a heavy WW2 era rifle with a polished bayonet aimed at me. Crap. The person told me with hand signs to put down my rifle, and to follow them. I obliged, because I was visibly outclassed and outgunned ; and who knows whether this person had allies. So, we silently kept walking in the streets covered by yellowish dust, until the person showed me a hole in a wall and told me - once again, with hand signs - to hop in. Seeing no reason to resist that, I followed suit, landed in a dimly lit but comfy looking (as comfy as a room can look ten years after the apocalypse) basement, that had a crack in the floor in which I could see water flowing.

At this point, the armed person walked to the stream, took off the helmet, showing long blond hair, took off the gasmask, freeing from the rubber grip the face of a pretty teenage girl, and laid down her rifle on the ground. She then handed me back my hunting rifle, and told me to fill my canteen from the stream. I was dumbfounded, in shock, and couldn't react ; I was hold in respect by a girl half my age, and now she's just telling me to grab a drink?? She pointed a Geiger counter at the water, in order to show it wasn't dangerous to drink, and began to look at me like she'd look at a complete retard.

Then, I woke up from the sheer shock of such a plot change. And I've been having regularily such dreams for a quite a couple years!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 27 Jul 2018, 19:57

Jastreb_J21 wrote:I've been having recurrent long, drawn out, and grisly dreams for all of my life.

Well, that's quite a first post Jastreb_J21. Welcome to BCB. :)
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Jastreb_J21

Postby Jastreb_J21 » 27 Jul 2018, 20:16

Wait, that was the first post approved? Sorry, before that I introduced myself in the appropriate thread and wrote comments in other ones.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Jul 2018, 21:45

Yeah, it wasn't a first post - just the first one approved. That's 'cause I saw them all come in at once, approved the first one I looked at, got distracted, did something else, then approved the rest.

Anyway, welcome Jastreb_J21! First five are approved (just to make sure you're not a bot or a Gentle Giant fan - kidding about the last one - maybe!)
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Jul 2018, 20:36

Preface: My iPod Nano is broken in an odd way switching itself on and off, its screen lighting up and then off.

I dreamed I was in a house that was under missile attack with missiles landing and exploding scattershot over the area with my house in danger of being hit. I felt fairly sure we wouldn't be hit until I looked out the window and saw the driveway light was on and very bright. I guess it wasn't my house because I had to wake up this guy who knew where the driveway light switch was. And then I woke up glad it was just a dream.

I turns out my snoring was the source of the booming explosions and it was my self-lighting Nano light laying on my pillow which was the driveway light.
Question authority.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 27 Aug 2018, 21:26

Last night I was dreaming that I was visiting China and I couldn't find a good souvenir of the trip.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Aug 2018, 14:58

The other night I dreamt that I was a dentist and my dog was my assistant and she was wearing a little smock and carrying dental tools in her mouth.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Aug 2018, 05:25

Around twilight last night I briefly dozed off in a comfy chair and had a very brief and very realistic dream about Mom - the first dream I can remember having about her since a day or two after she died in January. She and I were in either a hospital room or a nursing home room; I said "So, what do you think of your new room?" and she answered, thoughtfully, "It's not bad!" The way she said it told me she meant that while it wasn't home, it was pretty nice, and it was: comfortably roomy and really quite pleasant, with a big window - much better than the depressing rooms in which she spent her last couple of weeks of real life. We started to talk some more (about what, I don't remember) but then I came to.

Not terribly weird, I guess, but it was nice to see and hear her again, if only for a few seconds.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Sep 2018, 20:00

A couple of night ago I had a dream in which I was back in law school. Rather than realizing that finals were coming up and I hadn't attended classes all year or one of those standard scenarios, I couldn't get my diploma because former U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison was trying to prevent me from graduating.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Sep 2018, 03:31

:lol: :lol:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Oct 2018, 16:57

I had a dream last night where my ex and I were older, like 65 or 70, and we were seeing our son off because he was going in a rocket to try and stop alien vampires invading the earth.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 05 Oct 2018, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 05 Oct 2018, 17:24

sloopjohnc wrote:I had a dream last night where my ex and I were older, like 65 or 70, and we were seeing her son off because he was going in a rocket to try and stop alien vampires invading the earth.

Should such an employment opportunity come up, I suspect Derek would be the man for the job.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Oct 2018, 12:34

Last night I dreamt we had a jolly up in Toronto. I was walking through a tap room of a pub on a long pier to exit a door and take photos, but the tap room and the pier were about ten miles long. When I eventually got out, I looked at the foam on the sea and it wasn’t foamy sea at all, but lots of white kittens swimming. I turned round and Prof and K-tel were taking pictures, I looked in the mirror and I had an enormous red mohawk.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Oct 2018, 13:55

That's odd. I know the pub and pier you're talking about, but it's on Puppy Cove. Kitten Bay is where the outdoor skateboard park is.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Oct 2018, 13:59

Are you shitting me??
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Oct 2018, 14:02

Of course I am! Toronto's not on the sea - it's on a lake!

Return to “Nextdoorland”