Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Nov 2016, 18:25

I had a dream this morning that I swore I was going to remember to post on here. But the one brief part I can remember just now is I was brushing my long lovely hair, and some of it was coming out on the brush - nothing unusual there - but I realized that my hair had suddenly turned silver. And I was actually okay with that, color-wise, but the hair that was coming out, as well as the hair still on my head, was not very hair-ish but was more like really thin wire - bendable, and the hairs on my head were clattering and squeaking against each other with each movement of my head, and it was rather uncomfortable.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 03 Nov 2016, 23:22

Last night I dreamt I was part of an experiment to see which vegetable is the most musical. I had different veggies wired up to a laptop. Myself and another scientist had the best luck with florets of broccoli. We had one in each hand palms up grasping the broccoli and moved our hands, it made a great rhythm. Other vegetables sounded dull in comparison - the potato sounded like a tuba (just saw what my subconscious did there - groan!).

We got quite a broccoli jam going, a voice in my headphones says 'what makes the broccoli the best here?' and I said 'are you kidding - just listen to it!'. The voice is Donald Fagen, and I realise this lengthy experiment is part of making a Steely Dan album.

I wake up wondering if the album is going to be credited to 'Steely Dan and Broccoli', and wonder if I can get my name on it somehow.
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 04 Nov 2016, 02:22

The last thing I listened to last night was a Sam Harris podcast where he and the guest tore radical Islam apart. So I dreamed I was hanging out with Harris like we were childhood friends in his parents' house and I was relaxing on the couch when I heard a ruckus in the basement. Up from the basement comes this solemn procession of Saudi guys in full formal desert garb with one very shapely female in the line. The last guy in the parade is holding Sam's sawed off head by his hair. Just as I'm thinking in panic what to do from behind the curtain come these three other Saudi guys as if it were an ambush and they're after my head. That's when i awoke and I haven't been able to sleep since.
Question authority.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Nov 2016, 23:32

I was staying at a large rented vacation house with a bunch of other people, mostly older couples. There were some odd things going on in and around the house - little things disappearing, other little things appearing, that kind of thing. At some point I was outside the house and something dropped on the ground near me (don't remember what now) and I heard some stifled laughter. I looked up and saw four girls' faces looking out of the open attic window; they were not part of our party, and when they saw me looking up they crouched down, but I could still see their eyes. I waved at them in an "I seeeeee youuuuu" kinda way, then went inside and informed the others in the house.

Then there was a time jump, and the police were there, collecting the squatters: four teenaged girls, three or four large dogs (friendly, rambunctious) and a two-year-old baby, presumably belonging to one of the girls. We wondered how on earth they had all stayed so quiet and out of sight for so long. All seemed healthy and happy, and not overly concerned about being picked up by the fuzz. I felt confident that everything would turn out okay for them.

After they left, another large dog materialized, apparently left behind. But this one's skin was weird - hairless, watermelon green in color, and with a rubbery texture, kinda like a wetsuit. All the same, he too was friendly and rambunctious, and he liked being petted and scratched, however weird it felt to me. So, dog lover that I am, I petted and scratched and played with him, and wondered whether we should call the police back, or call someone else...

Last edited by Charlie O. on 25 Apr 2017, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 08 Nov 2016, 15:12

From this morning's dream...

I had hired King Crimson to perform at a private house party. Just a few friends and family members. I was outside most of the time to stay out of their way while they set up. At one point Fripp was sitting on the wall between our home and the neighbor. I walked past him, nodded hello, and said, "Thank you very much for being here." He smiled and replied, "Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here," as I continued walking down the driveway to allow him his private time.

Eventually the concert began. I went to the store for some reason, and when I returned, they were gone, equipment and all. We found a note from their manager, a woman whose name I don't recall (and I'm sure wasn't real anyway), which castigated us for not paying the entire fee. Since they charged $20,000 and we were supposedly about $50 shy of that, we felt this could have been worked out more amicably. Someone said we should look around to see if they took the money we gave them or left it behind. After a few minutes, I said, "Wait a minute - this was the Islands line-up they brought over. That's not what I paid for. Aren't two of these guys dead anyway?"

The End

"Quite."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Nov 2016, 18:40

zoomboogity wrote:From this morning's dream...

I had hired King Crimson to perform at a private house party. Just a few friends and family members. I was outside most of the time to stay out of their way while they set up. At one point Fripp was sitting on the wall between our home and the neighbor. I walked past him, nodded hello, and said, "Thank you very much for being here." He smiled and replied, "Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here," as I continued walking down the driveway to allow him his private time.

Eventually the concert began. I went to the store for some reason, and when I returned, they were gone, equipment and all. We found a note from their manager, a woman whose name I don't recall (and I'm sure wasn't real anyway), which castigated us for not paying the entire fee. Since they charged $20,000 and we were supposedly about $50 shy of that, we felt this could have been worked out more amicably. Someone said we should look around to see if they took the money we gave them or left it behind. After a few minutes, I said, "Wait a minute - this was the Islands line-up they brought over. That's not what I paid for. Aren't two of these guys dead anyway?"

The End

That would be a weird dream for anyone outside of BCB, not in.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 08 Nov 2016, 20:27

That's a good point. I did, however, get to hear the greatest live version ever of A Sailor's Tale before I went to the store, so not an entire loss.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 08 Nov 2016, 20:32

I had a dream that I was taking part in a new TV show last night where the idea was that you pull off a burglary in a large building without getting caught. Myself and my gang seemed to pull it off, but by the time we escaped and removed our masks (yes, I know, very appropriate), it turned out that we were on the first tee of a golf course, and the show had suddenly turned into a televised golf tournament. We were just about to tee off when I woke up.

JQW

Postby JQW » 08 Nov 2016, 23:30

Last night I dreamt that I was appearing on Countdown, a word puzzle TV game show similar to Boggle for non UK readers.

Every single one of my words had a connection to rabbits.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Nov 2016, 14:45

last night I dreamt the world was a Howard Finster painting. It was great, I never wanted to wake up!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Nov 2016, 16:56

Last night, I dreamed I was vacationing near a lake with lots of birds. A meteor hit the earth and suddenly everyone I knew was on the beach and all the birds had turned into beaked dinosaurs. There were dead people all over the beach, killed by the dinosaurs.

While I was wary of getting attacked, for some reason I felt safe and was trying to round up family and friends and get them off the beach when I woke up.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Nov 2016, 14:40

This morning's mini-dream: a new ornithological study shows that just as some humans have a stuttering problem, so do some birds stammer when they chirp, causing them to be mocked or shunned by others of their species.

Heck, for all I know about birds, that could be true.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Nov 2016, 15:05

Odd dream this morning in which John Lennon and George Harrison were grooving about a small art gallery, singing 'Ca Plane Pour Moi' while vacuuming up plaster dust from the newly refinished walls. My job was to go around collecting all the discarded cigarette lighters that were lying at the bases of a bunch of square, black plinths.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Nov 2016, 20:07

Just woke up from a dream where I was sharing a bed with my cousin Harris and his father's desiccated corpse. Harris hung on to it like a teddy bear and I somehow got the courage to say, "Harris, it's time to bury your father. Besides, he's beginning to stink."
Question authority.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Nov 2016, 16:54

This is kind of a recurring theme. Last night, I was driving a school bus in what felt like the Sonoma Valley or near the Russian River area. The bus was very tall and I was sitting precariously high about 15 ft. high where I thought the bus was going to tip over. I was worried because I had to pick up my son from school, drop the bus off, and get my daughter from work. The bus was kinda teetering and I woke up.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Nov 2016, 16:08

A really weird one last night - I dreamed I was in a band, singing lead and playing rhythm guitar. New York Knicks general manager and legendary coach, Phil Jackson, showed up at a rehearsal because he wanted to manage us. Listening to a taped replay of a song, I gave over lead singing to my friend, Dave, who was the bassist in our group during high school.

After the band was kicked out of a bar for not dressing suitably, I drove down to the Golden Gate Bridge from Marin, where our practice was, and I missed the turn to go on the bridge and took a little service road under the bridge to get back on. I made it down to the Peninsula and met my brother and all of a sudden, Derek, who was just a baby, and an old family pet, a golden lab named Sadie, was with us. We were walking down the main drag of the Peninsula, the El Camino Real, and I stepped into a store to make a phone call. My brother hadn't looked after the dog and he got hit and killed by a car by the time I walked out.

Then I woke up.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 29 Nov 2016, 17:03

Over the weekend after a day of hiking for miles at Big Bend National Park, I went to sleep and seemed to have an endless dream about a "Proposition 3" being defeated in California. it was like a news report I couldn't turn off.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Dec 2016, 15:20

Last night I dreamt I was hanging out, listening to records with Clive Gash and Bhoywonder. Someone had a weird pressing of 'What's Going On' in a white sleeve that was apparently worth a fortune, but it didn't have the all-important second disc. Oh well. For some reason, the drink I was sipping from was a jar full of coins.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 10 Jan 2017, 00:12

"I told every joke that's ever been told."

I just dreamed that line. It's mine. I Googled it and it ain't there except in my mind!

It wasn't a party but more like people were gathering at my place before we went out and they were young people, rock stars, musicians, women with tattoos on their upper arms, but I didn't mind. I usually do. One woman had a hit song and that line was in it. I was sure it was a real song but no. I dreamed it. It was a song I dreamed. Isn't it great?
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2017, 20:19

"God is angry at us. God is angry at us."

This may be part of a recurring dream or a continuation of one where I and this Slavic guy, a roommate, perhaps, had considered doing some internet crime. We hadn't yet done anything but somehow this repairman shows up to check stuff. He's poking around our small apartment looking for bugs or wires or something. At last he picks up my laptop then puts it down and says, "Everything looks fine," and leaves. But paranoia sets in and I am wondering if the repairman wasn't an agent, a cop or something. So now I want to get out and be done with the Slavic guy. Trying to be cool I pick up my laptop and make a move to go but the Slavic guy is standing by the sink and turns to me looking nervous, too - and angry. He has a kitchen knife and so I think if this escalates I'll slam his head him with my laptop but klutz that I am I know I'll spaz out and miss if I try to hit him so I try to talk my way out of the situation. I put the onus of our current state of mind on karma telling him, "God is angry at us. God is angry at us." He lunges at me and I wake up.
Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”