Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Oct 2018, 14:12

There’s no ‘Kitten Bay’ ??????

:x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Oct 2018, 22:16

Last week I had a dream in which I was Jim Nabors and Gomer Pyle and me all at once, and I was sitting in front of a t.v., flipping through channels. Frank Sutton/Sgt. Carter sat behind me and told he how I had lost my edge and I was trying to convince him otherwise.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Oct 2018, 22:28

pcqgod wrote:Last week I had a dream in which I was Jim Nabors and Gomer Pyle and me all at once, and I was sitting in front of a t.v., flipping through channels. Frank Sutton/Sgt. Carter sat behind me and told he how I had lost my edge and I was trying to convince him otherwise.

Step back from the '70s cup.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 13 Oct 2018, 03:19

I fell asleep at my desk at work this afternoon and had a particularly vivid dream in which I stepped into my apartment from my balcony at night, whereupon a blackout hit - but a blackout so complete that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. No backup generators anywhere, or headlights on cars, as though some kind of electromagnetic pulse thing had just plunged the city into absolute darkness, and not even residual light in the sky or anything.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 13 Oct 2018, 12:55

OK, deeply odd one from last night. I entered a tattoo parlour wanting the Nightwish logo to be tattooed on my lower right arm. I waited until being called to the chair at which point the tattooist cleaned my arm in preparation. I then noticed that she was in no hurry to start the actual tattoo and was even ignoring me, at one point sharing Chinese food with a friend. When I confronted her about this, she admitted she didn't know what the logo looked like and, of course, I'd forgotten to bring an image for her to copy. She then offered £100 to anyone in her shop who could supply her with the logo. Despite this inducement, one guy surfing the internet on his laptop, who could easily Google the logo, made no response. Feeling this was hopeless, I ran into a record shop across the road. As I entered, I was greeted by Jeremy Clarkson, who was behind the counter, using a nickname I hadn't heard since childhood. I looked around and realised the shop was almost totally devoted to 70s rock, and my chances of finding a disc by my favourite Finnish band were slim in the extreme. Defeated, I went back to the tattoo parlour. And then I woke up.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 13 Oct 2018, 16:21

I had a really strange dream last night that I was a trumpet player on Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz album.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Nov 2018, 14:21

Last night I dreamt the press reported that Ian Hislop and I had had a wild affair. They found out about it because his wife had buried a secret message to me in the Guardian crossword saying ‘stop fucking my husband Anna’

:?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Nov 2018, 16:10

I had a horror movie nightmare last night. I walked into a bathroom and couldn't turn the lights on. I felt a sudden sharp pain in my hand and then saw two female demons/vampires -- red-haired, naked rotting flesh -- in there with me, once crouched down sucking blood out of my hand. I woke up quickly after that.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Dec 2018, 18:33

I had a weird dream last night that i was on a kind of Amazing Race reality TV show and Belle Lettre and I were on a team. One of the contests was zip lining across a mountain range of the Sierra Nevadas. It was a two person zip line and she was driving.

Our competitors were Deborah Harry and Chris Stein.

We lost the competition when we overshot the landing and had to go hand over hand back to the finish.

That damn Harry and Stein team nailed it.

I think we would have done better against Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Dec 2018, 18:56

I dreamed last night that I was at some sort of beach resort with a bunch of guys that I'm pretty sure I didn't know. At one point I was lying on a beach lounger with the shaft of an umbrella piercing my guts as well as a big clear plastic cup that I was holding. I managed to pull the umbrella out and after a while the wound healed, but when I was telling people about it they didn't believe me, so I was looking for the cup that had been pierced too but couldn't find it anywhere. At that point, still in my dream, I realized that perhaps the whole incident hadn't happened, and I chalked it up to "rum psychosis".
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 Dec 2018, 14:45

I've got to lay off the fish fingers...

My dad (who I don't think I've dreamt about since he passed away in '14) was driving a friend and I around in a large junk-filled van, after seeing a Toronto Blue Jays baseball game. Suddenly he decided that we had to drive to Ohio to catch their next game, but I didn't want to go and he was getting more and more agitated about that. Eventually I told him that we didn't have passports, at which point he pulled the van over, then started to rummage angrily around in the back before emerging with a can of black paint and a brush, indicating that he wanted to cover me with the paint, saying "this'll fix the problem".

There was a ton more that is just too bizarre to recall with any reasonable accuracy.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Dec 2018, 16:49

harvey k-tel wrote:I've got to lay off the fish fingers...

My dad (who I don't think I've dreamt about since he passed away in '14) was driving a friend and I around in a large junk-filled van, after seeing a Toronto Blue Jays baseball game. Suddenly he decided that we had to drive to Ohio to catch their next game, but I didn't want to go and he was getting more and more agitated about that. Eventually I told him that we didn't have passports, at which point he pulled the van over, then started to rummage angrily around in the back before emerging with a can of black paint and a brush, indicating that he wanted to cover me with the paint, saying "this'll fix the problem".

There was a ton more that is just too bizarre to recall with any reasonable accuracy.

All the way to Ohio to see the Jays play the Indians? That is weird.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Dec 2018, 13:17

Last night I had a dream that Harv and Livet came to stay and Harv was trying to show me the "correct" way to load the washing machine telling me I was doing it wrong. I screamed at him and he put his hands up and said "ok, ok, just trying to help eh!"

Dr Markus wrote:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 15 Dec 2018, 14:33

:lol:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Dec 2018, 15:46

As it turned out, I put a lovely green wool jumper on a hot wash so I should have listened :(

Dr Markus wrote:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 15 Dec 2018, 16:44

You dummy!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Dec 2018, 19:05

I wouldn't have made that mistake if you hadn't been mansplaining to me with your TOXIC MASCULINITY!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Jan 2019, 14:32

Every so often I'll have a top whack nutjob Bowie dream. Last night I dreamed that I was watching some footage that Bowie made to say "goodbye" - it was long, and he was just talking about ideas and thoughts and wishes. It had only just been discovered so I felt quite honoured to be witnessing it all. Though it was footage, he was actually there in the room. I was watching his eyes very intently, and they kept going all Terry Gilliam cartoon crazy, rolling round and doing little rhythmic shuffles. I had made a decision that I was going to join him in this netherworld and in order to do that I had to follow him round while he did his "final act" which involved painting every room in a Victorian house a different colour (all blue, all green) and then he got up in a pub Baal style and was playing a banjo, quite badly. Any road up, this all had to finish with him shooting me dead and I stood in a room and he pointed a gun and bang. Dying actually felt really nice, a very slow descent to the ground that was painless and a sensation of going down a very creamy helter skelter. Once I was on the ground, all my Bowie loving friends came in one by one and all kissed me on the mouth, which was a little awkward as I had blood pouring from it. None of them seemed to mind and they all smeared their faces in it.
Out of nowhere, Axl Rose walks in and stands over me, kicking me in the arse and saying "she isn't dead. She's pretending. She's just pretending." And of course, he was right!

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Jan 2019, 17:07

Well, mine can't compete with THAT, but...

Some friends (no one I know in real life) asked me if I would take their sheepdog Liberty to the park for a run, and I was happy to. We drove to the park (not a park I know in real life), and as soon as Liberty got out of the car she indeed ran for it, over a bluff and out of sight. I wasn't worried at that point - I hadn't even brought a leash - Liberty and I were pals, and I was sure she wouldn't go too far or get into trouble.

But I walked and walked and walked all over that park without seeing or hearing her, and after a bit some concern started to creep in. At some point on my sojourn I ran into a couple of hipsters (no one I know in real life) who were looking for a particular coffee shop. "Oh, I know where that is," I said improbably (I don't do coffee shops IRL), and I directed them to it and they thanked me.

So I'm looking and looking for Liberty - for some reason I'm not calling her, just looking (in the dream I wondered if I should try calling her, but I didn't). I'm wearing an open windbreaker jacket, and suddenly this dog grabs the corner of the jacket and starts tugging at it insistently, like it wants me to follow. I'm thinking something's happened to Liberty and this dog is trying to take me to her - but once I start following, the dog doesn't really seem to be in a hurry to go anywhere - she's just happy to have me with her. And I think, waitaminute - is THIS Liberty?? She was the same size and general shape, but her hair was different and her face was longer. I squatted down to look at her tag; it was slightly oversize and misshapen, and though metal it looked like the info inscribed on it had been written by hand. It identified the dog as Liberty, but it also identified the owner as me, and the address on it was the coffee shop where I'd directed those hipsters earlier.

I didn't know if this was really Liberty or not, but either way I figured I was gonna have a hard time explaining all this to her owners.

(Some time after I woke up I remembered that Liberty was the name of President Gerald Ford's dog when he was in the White House.)

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 29 Jan 2019, 17:18

I wonder if your dream friends would have died if you weren't able to give them Liberty.

Return to “Nextdoorland”