No votes
I don't
30%

Total votes: 27

martha
rambling rose

Re: Coffee - how do you take it?

Postby martha » 28 Sep 2015, 07:01

I take it with cream or black -- never with sugar unless I'm having a vietnamese coffee in which case I'll take it with condensed milk.

How do I make it?

If I have a large group of people for coffee I will use the french press or the old skool ADC machine.
--m.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 28 Sep 2015, 07:11

martha wrote: vietnamese coffee

Never had it until a few years ago at a Vietnamese restaurant with the layer of sweetened condensed milk at the bottom and was awed by how I'd never knew this type of brewing existed and then by how good it tasted. We bought a coffee maker at the restaurant cashier and we may have used it twice. It's somewhere in the drawer with the banana slicer and avocado peeler.
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 28 Sep 2015, 22:57

I haven't had one of the Vietnamese coffees in a very long time. It's the level of sweetness that my brain says no to that keeps me away. I'd probably be ok with it but my memory still holds of the first time.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 29 Sep 2015, 07:52

Re the sweetness of coffee. I know what two teaspoons of sugar tastes like in a cup of coffee. It's sweet. I usually take mine black but lately - maybe it something that comes with age - I enjoy some sweetness and two teaspoons of sugar is fine. I have always wondered, however, what would 16 teaspoons of sugar dissolved in a cup of coffee taste like? Would it be dangerous? Unbelievably delicious? One day I am going to try my experiment.
Question authority.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 29 Sep 2015, 08:59

I don't mind tea without sugar but I think coffee needs it as it's such a bitter drink.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 29 Sep 2015, 10:52

utter cunt desperate to control BCB wrote:I don't mind tea without sugar but I think coffee needs it as it's such a bitter drink.

Not if you make it right, John
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Sep 2015, 16:08

Jimbo wrote:Re the sweetness of coffee. I know what two teaspoons of sugar tastes like in a cup of coffee. It's sweet. I usually take mine black but lately - maybe it something that comes with age - I enjoy some sweetness and two teaspoons of sugar is fine. I have always wondered, however, what would 16 teaspoons of sugar dissolved in a cup of coffee taste like? Would it be dangerous? Unbelievably delicious? One day I am going to try my experiment.

It would taste like Vietnamese coffee. ;)
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 29 Sep 2015, 21:28

You CAN make vietnamese style coffee without the sweetened condensed milk. That's what I usually do as I am pre-diabetic and I actually don't like sweet coffee much. It's called cà phê đen.
--m.

Return to “Nextdoorland”