A great deal - it's a massive part of my life
13%
A lot - I have some great friends on here
21%
Yes, but with reservations
33%
I like it, but I'm very close to leaving if there are any more bustups
3%
I'm not that fussed - I stay out of a strange sense of loyalty because I'm a part of the furniture
16%
I'm on the verge of leaving
4%
I'm going to report you all to the internet police tomorrow
1%
I HATE everyone here
7%

Total votes: 67

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Do you care about BCB?

Postby KeithPratt » 17 Feb 2015, 18:39

To add to the never-ending navel-gazing...

Dr Markus

Re: Do you care about BCB?

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Feb 2015, 18:49

Has anyone, when pondering something, ever gazed at their covered/uncovered navel in real life?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 17 Feb 2015, 18:52

Lotsa buddhists
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 17 Feb 2015, 18:57

Dr Markus wrote:Has anyone, when pondering something, ever gazed at their covered/uncovered navel in real life?

My 18-month-old son does it all the time. And pokes it while he's at it.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Feb 2015, 19:00

Best
Poll
Ever!
uggy poopy doody.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 17 Feb 2015, 19:01

Where's the 'I like it, but I'm very close to leaving if there are any more Beatles threads / Bowie obscurities in the Cup' option?

Voted Love It btw
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 17 Feb 2015, 19:05

I suspect the cool option will be to say, Meh - not fussed, but the fact that so many of us interact on a continuing basis and even the posters no longer regular are still in touch means it's more than that.
12 years since the Mojo days is a significant part of a lot of our lives

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 17 Feb 2015, 19:06

I chose: great deal.

Because it's true. It is a solid rock, esp. on days that are not so good. It is a great comfort that I can, in the midst of routine and knowing that there are problems lurking in the background that I must deal with, rely on this spot, for cracking a joke, or getting a bit of music or film info, scan the mirth stuff every now and then... it's just great.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

TG

Postby TG » 17 Feb 2015, 19:15

I voted A lot-I have some great friends...
I've been here almost 9 years and was around back in the Mojo days but I've amassed less than 3000 posts here. Much of that is due to just being busy and also not often responding when someone else has made the point I was going to make, etc. But I've been to dozens of Jolly Ups, met most of the L.A. posters and a great many from all over the U.S. and the world. Hell, I've hosted a couple of JUs at my house. I ran around with Nolamike while in New Orleans last year. I've contributed to most of the BCBeatles (or whatever they are called) recording projects and worked with other posters supplying tracks for their contributions. I've been active in the Mix Club for several years. So even with the relatively low profile I do gravitate back here and stay in some sort of orbit with the place. I guess I like it!
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

hookfinger

Postby hookfinger » 17 Feb 2015, 19:29

I choose the not that fussed option, not because its cool but because I really don't interact that much. There are some people on here I have never even spoken with but I still feel a sense of loyalty. I say it's not a huge piece of my life and yet I check in every couple of hours some days so maybe I'm lying to myself.
Oh boy is it getting rough, when my old world charm isn't quite enough.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 17 Feb 2015, 19:49

Having voted "yes, with reservations", I picked up my book and this was the first sentence to meet my eyes:

Unfortunately, here as everywhere else, an immense army of pedants had invaded the sanctuary and by their ignorance and lack of talent debased its noble and uncompromising dignity.

:D
Last edited by Belle Lettre on 17 Feb 2015, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 17 Feb 2015, 20:00

It means the world to me. Every time someone flounces or simply stops posting my heart sinks.
I run out of talent

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 17 Feb 2015, 20:07

Belle Lettre wrote:Having voted "yes, with reservations", I picked up my book and this was the first sentence to meet my eyes:
Unfortunately, here as everywhere else, an immense army of pedants had invaded the sanctuary and by their ignorance and lack of talent debased its noble and uncompromising dignity.

You're reading The Sliders little red book?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Feb 2015, 20:10

It’s not out of loyalty and I don’t think I’m part of the furniture here but it’s the most applicable option there. I don’t really get involved like I used to, and I’m not checking this place out every minute of the day. I guess it’s kinda like a soap opera in away. I don’t watch eastenders religiously but I’ll check in now and again to see what’s happening as it’s easy to pick up the storyline.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 17 Feb 2015, 20:11

clive gash wrote:
Belle Lettre wrote:Having voted "yes, with reservations", I picked up my book and this was the first sentence to meet my eyes:

You're reading The Sliders little red book?

A Rebours? You bet.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 17 Feb 2015, 20:18

Yes, with reservations. The conversation is important, many of the people are good friends, and I'm here every day, but I try not to get worked up about things not going my way or people acting up. If it stopped tomorrow, I guess I'd continue with most of the people on Facebook instead. I would miss the format, though. It's better than Facebook when writing longer things, imbedding images, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 Feb 2015, 20:31

Well HELL YES I care.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Feb 2015, 21:09

TG wrote:I ran around with Nolamike while in New Orleans last year.

Who hasn't? I put him on Ignore when he moved.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 17 Feb 2015, 21:10

I feel conflicted here. I have made so many good friends here, and feel very grateful for one particular incredible act of generosity (anyone who was around in 2007 should know what this is). And yet, I'm getting tired of the board, and often prefer interacting with BCB friends on Facebook. This often feels like an unnecessarily unpleasant place, when huge arguments seem to arise over nothing.

Also, I do feel that my tastes have veered away from this board. Too much 60s/70s music which I find tame and mediocre is held up as the pinnacle of musical achievement. I cannot understand why this is lionised while, say, the exciting music of Arch Enemy or Children Of Bodom is ignored. I question why I stay loyal to a board whose aesthetics are clearly not aligned with my own.

I probably won't flounce, though I did take a break recently. I will try and start a few threads tomorrow, though, just to see what happens.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Feb 2015, 21:14

I put, "Yes, but with reservations."

I don't have the time, money or resources to meet people in person much these days, but I really like coming on and reading and contributing to threads.

I used to care a lot more and took stuff a lot more personally. Too much.

After a couple lengthy self-imposed breaks, not caring as much, and taking stuff with a grain of salt actually makes it a much more enjoyable experience.

I let the little things go a lot more because they are little things and I don't blow 'em out of proportion like I used to in the past.

It also makes it more enjoyable not coming on the site after I've been drinking. That was a recipe for disaster - both as I'm more clear-headed and don't take perceived slights so personally.

I'll give you a good current example - I used to really want to do well in the cup, took a lot of time compiling my list and took every criticism of my list very personally.

This year, I made a list that I liked, knew probably wouldn't do so great and didn't give a fuck when someone made a snide comment about it. Eh, whatever.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 17 Feb 2015, 21:38, edited 2 times in total.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Return to “Nextdoorland”