A great deal - it's a massive part of my life
13%
A lot - I have some great friends on here
21%
Yes, but with reservations
33%
I like it, but I'm very close to leaving if there are any more bustups
3%
I'm not that fussed - I stay out of a strange sense of loyalty because I'm a part of the furniture
16%
I'm on the verge of leaving
4%
I'm going to report you all to the internet police tomorrow
1%
I HATE everyone here
7%

Total votes: 67

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Do you care about BCB?

Postby Goat Boy » 22 Jan 2018, 12:13

Pass the tin foil hat.

From memory:

The siger
Hepcat (libertarian)
Bleep (classical conservative but not an arse about it)
Yomp (economically conservative but socially liberal)
Lord Rother (pretty sure he’s a conservative but rarely posts about politics)

There may be others who lean that way but don’t express it but the board has and always will be overwhelmingly left leaning with very little deviance.

Of course if you’re left wing but criticise elements within the left round these parts or say anything that is perceived as a “right wing criticism” you are seen as a traitor (Daily Mail reader, Zionist, Tory scum) and therefore secretly right wing because some people have never really evolved past this kind of schoolboy politics approach.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 22 Jan 2018, 12:16

Exactly.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 22 Jan 2018, 12:18

Goat Boy wrote:Bleep (classical conservative but not an arse about it)

aw thanx luv

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 22 Jan 2018, 12:35

Is Pedestrian Left Wing similar to Patronising Right Wing
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 23 Jan 2018, 08:01

Diamond Dog wrote: It's like the fucking Wannsee Conference here most days.

No, it really isn't.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 23 Jan 2018, 08:33

BCB has definitely got a bit more right wing. It's the first thing I noticed when I came back, and it was noticeable.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 23 Jan 2018, 08:41

How so?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 23 Jan 2018, 08:53

Toby's moved further to the right as has Nick. I wouldn't say you were of the right, but you do spend more time on here attacking the left.
I'm not saying everyone has to think the same, but I was quite surprised at how far some had shifted.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jan 2018, 09:00

Attacking the left doesn't mean you've moved more to the right though. It could just mean you're not happy with the way they're going about things, or you just simply disagree with one or two things. There's a big difference.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 23 Jan 2018, 09:02

I do understand that, I criticize the left myself sometimes. However when it starts to become a default position then it usually signals a more permanent shift.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jan 2018, 09:07

I think its more a frustrated position. I can come across as being "right" in my defence of trump/or being critical of the left in regard to him. However, even though I have no horse in the race as I'm not American, still would like him gone. Doesn't mean for a second I'm checking if combat 18 have an Irish branch.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 23 Jan 2018, 09:09

What defence have you got of Trump?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jan 2018, 09:15

The Modernist wrote:What defence have you got of Trump?

Treatment of him by the media, trying to jump on every little thing. Wasting their time on a lot of it.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 23 Jan 2018, 09:16

The Great Defector wrote:
The Modernist wrote:What defence have you got of Trump?

Treatment of him by the media, trying to jump on every little thing. Wasting their time on a lot of it.

He's an idiot Markus. I'm amazed he's still in power.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Jan 2018, 09:19

Of course he is, but I'm talking about the media reporting on every single minor thing like its the end of the world. Kennedy was more physically fucked up than Trump, somehow I don't think today's media would be paying as much attention to that if he were president today.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 23 Jan 2018, 09:38

The Modernist wrote:Toby's moved further to the right as has Nick. I wouldn't say you were of the right, but you do spend more time on here attacking the left.
I'm not saying everyone has to think the same, but I was quite surprised at how far some had shifted.

Well that’s two people. Bleeps move to the right is the only example I can really think of but it’s something that I welcome because we need different voices who are able to express their political position with clarity and a bit of intellectual weight round here. I wouldn’t say Nick has ever been a traditional BCB leftie (if you know what I mean). I’ve always considered him left leaning but more towards the centre ground.

I do attack the left a lot (and I’m sure it’s boring as hell sometimes) but I do it because I believe the left has lost its way and needs to be held accountable to the standards it is supposed to espouse. I naturally shout about the left more because I’m surrounded by left wing people, both in the real world and online therefore what’s the point of shouting into the echo chamber? I can’t challenge the rights bullshit but I can challenge ours.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 23 Jan 2018, 09:40

The Great Defector wrote:Of course he is, but I'm talking about the media reporting on every single minor thing like its the end of the world. Kennedy was more physically fucked up than Trump, somehow I don't think today's media would be paying as much attention to that if he were president today.

There is hypocrisy there of course. Look at Bill Clinton for example.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 23 Jan 2018, 09:50

The Modernist wrote:I do understand that, I criticize the left myself sometimes. However when it starts to become a default position then it usually signals a more permanent shift.

It's called 'getting old', G :(
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 23 Jan 2018, 09:55

Bullshit is bullshit.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 23 Jan 2018, 10:07

OCT wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I do understand that, I criticize the left myself sometimes. However when it starts to become a default position then it usually signals a more permanent shift.

It's called 'getting old', G :(

It's not inevtable. I'm still way out on the left, or maybe just way out
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Return to “Nextdoorland”