we can beat this ebola thing

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

how scared are you?

we are doomed
0
No votes
we can beat this thing
6
86%
whatever happens, happens
1
14%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10799
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: Perfidious Albion

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby Samoan » 24 Oct 2014, 21:31

Cope, I think you're being a bit relaxed about this .
Below, is The Royal Free Hospital unit where Nurse William Pooley was sucessfully managed on his return to the UK from Sierra Leone with Ebola -

Image

Image

- If what you say is so, why bother with the expense of this facility ?

Image
soundchaser wrote: The actual song was pretty good, if you overlook the singing.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 25988
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby GoogaMooga » 24 Oct 2014, 21:48

back to the bats, zilth pilchards insists they eat them in africa, that they are considered a delicacy in ghana. so the ebola might have stemmed just as much from direct consumption of these creatures as from virus infected bush meat.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36355
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby kath » 24 Oct 2014, 21:58

Copehead wrote:
I suggest you google the disease and look at its effects and epidemiology that's all I did.


thanks for the suggestion. clearly, i was born with the psychic knowledge about how long the virus lasts in the semen of a recovered patient.

Copehead wrote:If it was transmissible via the air and lungs and asymptomatic people could transmit have the world would have died from it centuries ago like the Black Death.


apparently, you are still operating under the assumption that only an air-borne disease could be a real threat or have seriously exponential effect rates. please do continue laboring on in that misassumption. i am quite sure the CDC, WHO, etc will rest easy now.

Copehead wrote:Now a vaccine is being fast tracked that will hopefully stamp it out within a few years and we can all worry about the next thing.


well, except for the fact that humans have yet to cure any virus, right?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24517
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby Copehead » 24 Oct 2014, 22:01

Samoan wrote:Cope, I think you're being a bit relaxed about this .
Below, is The Royal Free Hospital unit where Nurse William Pooley was sucessfully managed on his return to the UK from Sierra Leone with Ebola -

Image

Image

- If what you say is so, why bother with the expense of this facility ?

Image


Because he was probably highly infectious by the time he got to that unit, and he was mobile because he was Western and able to access top quality medical care and an airplane.

I am not trying to pretend this disease isn't highly infectious, it just has a small window where it is contagious.

Just read the wikipedia page, I am tired of going over this.

Over and out.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24517
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby Copehead » 24 Oct 2014, 22:04

kath wrote:
thanks for the suggestion. clearly, i was born with the psychic knowledge about how long the virus lasts in the semen of a recovered patient.


I thought people our age were well versed in not fucking someone they don't know well without a condom


apparently, you are still operating under the assumption that only an air-borne disease could be a real threat or have seriously exponential effect rates. please do continue laboring on in that misassumption. i am quite sure the CDC, WHO, etc will rest easy now.


Again just read wikipedia


well, except for the fact that humans have yet to cure any virus, right?


How do you cure a virus?

Are you aware of vaccination?

I'm fed up with this

I will not be returning to this thread

If you want to shit yourself about Ebola fill your boots.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36355
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby kath » 24 Oct 2014, 22:05

Copehead wrote:I am not trying to pretend this disease isn't highly infectious, it just has a small window where it is contagious.


er.

never mind. if you wanna go over and out, fine.

but yer no fun anymore.

see if i invite you to my cootie party.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 36355
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby kath » 24 Oct 2014, 22:13

Copehead wrote:If you want to shit yourself about Ebola fill your boots.


i'm shitting myself about ebola????

mwhahahaaha.

nah, i just think the way yer arguing yer case is full of shit.

there's a difference.

look. in the end, may ebola be no real threat and may we all have cause to forget about it before we need ever hear about it again. okay?

... although saying it does not make it so.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53439
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby Snarfyguy » 24 Oct 2014, 22:20

cough
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30749
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Oct 2019, 01:30

This was a pretty great thread!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6278
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: we can beat this ebola thing

Postby Flower » 20 Oct 2019, 12:57

Minnie the Minx wrote:This was a pretty great thread!


So bump it up ... :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.