100%
FBS
No votes

Total votes: 1

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

PBS vs BBC podcasts

Postby Jimbo » 22 Jun 2013, 06:33

As a fairly hardcore podcast subscriber I have recently come upon some shows from the BBC like Drama of the Week, Comedy of the Week and Friday Night Comedy and what staggers me is how polished these shows are. Any of the radio dramas I have heard so far would make fine movies or TV shows, no problem. And the comedy is pretty damn good, as well but the political comedy stuff I have heard so far just makes fun of everything with no hints of solutions. I can see, however, how some of our British BCBers come up with their cynicism.

On the other side of the podcast dial is America's PBS with the best interview show anywhere, Fresh Air along with the always profound and often amusing This American Life.

As comprehensive as the BBC is I can't imagine our Brits listening to PBS and visa versa with the Americans and PBS. Whichever, both systems are offering up some of the best free and slickest podcasts around. If I had to choose one I'd say the BBC edges out PBS just by having the Drama of the Week which is as good aa any free entertainment anywhere.

(Oh, don't forget to NOT pay your BBC tax until they come up with a better reason for predicting the fall of Building 7 besides it was just a "cock up.")
Question authority.

borofan

Re: PBS vs BBC podcasts

Postby borofan » 22 Jun 2013, 12:45

BBC tax? No such thing exists.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Phil T

Re: PBS vs BBC podcasts

Postby Phil T » 23 Jun 2013, 16:06

borofan wrote:BBC tax? No such thing exists.

No. It's a general 'television tax'

Return to “Nextdoorland”