38%
No, I've still got it
63%

Total votes: 16

Powehi

Re: Have you still got It ?

Postby Powehi » 26 Oct 2019, 10:24

Minnie the Minx wrote:
mission wrote:I have had my appendix removed twice. Just in the last year and a half, actually.

January last year - New Year's Eve to be precise - I had laparoscopic (sic) surgery to remove my appendix. Six months later I was feeling as crook as a dog, with pretty much the same symptoms as when I had appendicitis but thought it couldn't possibly be that as I had had mine removed.

Turns out, after the fucking thing got so inflamed I got peritonitis and had to lose part of my bowel as well, that the bit left behind was large enough to become infected again. It's called stump appendicitis and is pretty rare.

So now I have the three little scars from the initial surgery and two great big ones from the genuine removal, which saw a couple of thousand dollars worth of surgical staples close up my bowel, the drain site get infected and my infection markers reach levels that had the entire ward buzzing with excitement.

The best part is coming home to recuperate and having your four kids be magnetically drawn to the wound site.

Shitting hell. You were unlucky. I can't believe I missed this first time round!

Given that you're a nurse, a rather unfortunate turn of phrase there. M...

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Oct 2019, 14:07

I've never lost it.

Plus, I still have all my body perts.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 26 Oct 2019, 14:47

Flower wrote:I've never lost it.

Plus, I still have all my body perts.

Lucky you!

It has sadly been more years than I can remember since any bits of my body could be
described as being in the same postal code as "pert".