Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26593
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby the masked man » 27 Jun 2014, 20:40

GOP Candidate Charges Opponent Is Dead, Represented By A Body Double

OK, this is just beyond delusional:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/27/frank-lucas_n_5537217.html

I particularly liked this line: 'The statement claimed Lucas and “a few other” members of Congress from Oklahoma and other states were shown on television being hanged by “The World Court.” '. Of course, the notorious "World Court" that passes terrible judgements in Ukraine....

User avatar
Phil T
Now, with reduced fat!!
Posts: 30748
Joined: 07 Nov 2003, 21:58
Location: Devon

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Phil T » 27 Jun 2014, 21:11

the masked man wrote:GOP Candidate Charges Opponent Is Dead, Represented By A Body Double

OK, this is just beyond delusional:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/27/frank-lucas_n_5537217.html

I particularly liked this line: 'The statement claimed Lucas and “a few other” members of Congress from Oklahoma and other states were shown on television being hanged by “The World Court.” '. Of course, the notorious "World Court" that passes terrible judgements in Ukraine....


He must be a Beatles fan, the GOP candidate.

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26593
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby the masked man » 27 Jun 2014, 21:21

"Paul is dead, miss him, miss him..."

User avatar
Phil T
Now, with reduced fat!!
Posts: 30748
Joined: 07 Nov 2003, 21:58
Location: Devon

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Phil T » 27 Jun 2014, 22:00

the masked man wrote:"Paul is dead, miss him, miss him..."

That's the one! :D :D

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 44668
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby The Prof » 08 Jul 2014, 13:34


User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 9889
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Rayge » 08 Jul 2014, 14:34

The Prof wrote:Fappy - the anti-masturbation dolphin??

http://nationalreport.net/fappy-the-dolphin-arrested-for-public-masturbation/



That's a whole universe of wrong, right there. And why call him Fappy? JHFCoaB

Oh, and
Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin and Stop Masturbation Now are federally funded programs designed to teach both children and adults about the dangers and consequences of masturbation


WHUT?? :o :!:
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 51575
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Snarfyguy » 08 Jul 2014, 14:44

Rayge wrote:
The Prof wrote:Fappy - the anti-masturbation dolphin??

http://nationalreport.net/fappy-the-dolphin-arrested-for-public-masturbation/



That's a whole universe of wrong, right there. And why call him Fappy? JHFCoaB

Oh, and
Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin and Stop Masturbation Now are federally funded programs designed to teach both children and adults about the dangers and consequences of masturbation


WHUT?? :o :!:

Mercifully, this appears to be a hoax.
Jimbo wrote: And if there is war with Russia, a lot of people will die, maybe the east coast will vanish, but still and all, shit will work out.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 44668
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby The Prof » 08 Jul 2014, 14:47

Snarfyguy wrote:Mercifully, this appears to be a hoax.


I began to wonder after I posted it and then saw the dolphin's Facebook page. :lol:

Is nationalreport.net a spoof side? It's so hard to tell these days.

User avatar
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes
Posts: 16168
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: The Nether World

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 08 Jul 2014, 15:05

Snarfyguy wrote:
Rayge wrote:
The Prof wrote:Fappy - the anti-masturbation dolphin??

http://nationalreport.net/fappy-the-dolphin-arrested-for-public-masturbation/



That's a whole universe of wrong, right there. And why call him Fappy? JHFCoaB

Oh, and
Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin and Stop Masturbation Now are federally funded programs designed to teach both children and adults about the dangers and consequences of masturbation


WHUT?? :o :!:

Mercifully, this appears to be a hoax.


Hm. I got really frightened when I read this (a link given by the Fappy article):

http://www.stopmasturbationnow.org/morals/profile-of-a-masturbation-disease-hypertrichosis-mhb/

I must repent. Repent. Repent.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 44668
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby The Prof » 08 Jul 2014, 15:16

It looks like it's Michael Moore's latest film/project


Image


http://www.fappythemovie.com


..but then again that could be a hoax.

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 8505
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Polishgirl » 16 Jul 2014, 11:23

echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Hugh
Posts: 15003
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Hugh » 16 Jul 2014, 16:44

That's outrageous!

49p for a fucking Milky Bar!

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 9889
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Rayge » 16 Jul 2014, 17:13


How did someone that stupid get to be a lawyer?
Oh, wait...
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope
Posts: 16107
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 16:36
Location: ,Location, Location

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Corporate whore » 19 Jul 2014, 19:23

Today in The Calder Valley;

Stolen bulldozer rampage destroys council tip!
Image

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 21878
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Deebank » 22 Jul 2014, 16:42

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 24105
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby souphound » 22 Jul 2014, 21:01

Motorist 'thought car had caught fire' as Adele track came on stereo

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/22/bizarre_reasons_for_stopping_on_the_motorway/
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
funky_nomad
paranoid
Posts: 11626
Joined: 14 Aug 2003, 11:31
Location: Doomsville

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby funky_nomad » 25 Jul 2014, 11:49

Just a penitent man

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 24105
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby souphound » 08 Aug 2014, 21:26

Dull, Scotland, makes Boring, Oregon, more interesting
By Glenn Campbell

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-28691197
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 8505
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Polishgirl » 12 Aug 2014, 11:47

Not only did Snoop Dogg play a set at an Exeter niterie over the w/e; he stayed in the Holiday Express Inn AND has caused outrage in the local paper because of a photo of him, apparently smoking whilst at the "decks".

:D
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-Holiday-Inn-staff-speak-happy-lucky-8221/story-22521800-detail/story.html
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 21878
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Funny old world, a repository for bizarre news stories

Postby Deebank » 12 Aug 2014, 17:37

Polishgirl wrote:Not only did Snoop Dogg play a set at an Exeter niterie over the w/e; he stayed in the Holiday Express Inn AND has caused outrage in the local paper because of a photo of him, apparently smoking whilst at the "decks".

:D
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-Holiday-Inn-staff-speak-happy-lucky-8221/story-22521800-detail/story.html


'Kinnel! That's literally just up the road and I never knew! I may have passed him on the way to the tip on Sunday.

The kids will be gutted they missed him (the bloke of the moneysupermarket advert!) :(

Edit... And he was at Boardmasters too!! (See my other post in the Local News thread).
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro


Return to “Nextdoorland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests