Cockneys
33%
Scousers
67%

Total votes: 12

Bungo the Mungo

Cockneys vs Scousers

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 05 Jan 2013, 13:30

Scousers always think they're comedians, don't they?

Still - at least they're not Cockneys, eh? eh?

The Modernist

Re: Cockneys vs Scousers

Postby The Modernist » 05 Jan 2013, 13:31

Both great. It's the rest of the country that's a problem.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 05 Jan 2013, 13:36

Scousers are not half as funny as they think they are.

Cockneys are not funny at all.

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 05 Jan 2013, 13:58

Scousers - as long as they aren't comedians - are pretty funny.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 05 Jan 2013, 14:13

trans-chigley express wrote:Scousers are not half as funny as they think they are.

This.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 05 Jan 2013, 14:22

Phil T wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:Scousers are not half as funny as they think they are.

This.

It's what you're meant to say but it's not true. I actually think scousers and cockneys bring out a kind of envy in the rest of the country.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Jan 2013, 14:32

I found scousers to be friendly and approachable but no more so than Glasgwegians or Brummies. There is a paranoia and insularity that is unattractive and of course the professional scouser is someone to be avoided completely (as is the professional yorkshireman, scotsman etc). I don't know where this sense of humour thing comes from but that sorta shite just creates arseholes because unfunny people feel they need to live up to a reputation and, invariably, are incredibly annoying.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 05 Jan 2013, 14:34

I find Brummies friendlier - less suspicious, certainly - than Scousers. I like Scousers tho'.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Jan 2013, 14:37

the bloke from Go West wrote:I find Brummies friendlier - less suspicious, certainly - than Scousers. I like Scousers tho'.

Lots of immigration, very multi-cultural, used to 'strangers'.

I like scousers as well.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 05 Jan 2013, 14:48

Goat Boy wrote:
the bloke from Go West wrote:I find Brummies friendlier - less suspicious, certainly - than Scousers. I like Scousers tho'.

Actually there's a well documented history of racism in the West Midlands.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Jan 2013, 14:56

TheModernist wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Actually there's a well documented history of racism in the West Midlands.

Well you'd expect those kinds of problems before things settle down a bit. I'm not saying problems don't still exist obviously but the feeling I get when I'm down there and from talking to locals is one of relative harmony.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 05 Jan 2013, 15:09

You can't really differentiate between people of any city or country for that matter.
Humour's a matter of personal taste.

People who try overly to be funny, jolly japesters let's call them, people who think they're funsters, invariably aren't. They just succeed in making me wince.

Humour's best natural.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 05 Jan 2013, 15:58

Samoan wrote:You can't really differentiate between people of any city or country for that matter.
Humour's a matter of personal taste.

People who try overly to be funny, jolly japesters let's call them, people who think they're funsters, invariably aren't. They just succeed in making me wince.

Humour's best natural.

The worst sort are those who say "I'm right wacky, me".
Invariably, you want to hit them repeatedly with half a brick.
:evil:

John Mc

Postby John Mc » 05 Jan 2013, 17:06

Or you could just hit them half as many times with the full brick.
quix wrote:If you want to really live then you have to open yourself up to love... some you'll win, some you'll lose... but what is the point if being human if you don't dare?

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 05 Jan 2013, 23:39

I find brummies both friendlier and funnier than scousers but I daren't say that to a scouser for fear of getting me 'ead kicked in.

Half of my family like to think of themselves as scousers but really they're faux-scousers as I don't think you're really scouse if your from the Wirral.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 06 Jan 2013, 00:46

trans-chigley express wrote:Half of my family like to think of themselves as scousers but really they're faux-scousers as I don't think you're really scouse if your from the Wirral.

Woolybacks deffo.

Clippernolan
Maya's Prop

Postby Clippernolan » 06 Jan 2013, 04:33

My first full-time job in London was at a company based in the East End. But, they had another branch in Liverpool, so a lot of Liverpudlians worked where I did. There was a lot of playful rivalry between Northern Monkeys and Soft Southern Bastards. But, what I found was that they all celebrated the simple pleasures in a way that isn't quite as true here in Canada, which I really admired.

It was a crappy, dead-end job. But, I learned a lot about British culture while I was there.
Read my blog - The Delete Bin

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 06 Jan 2013, 05:27

OK I'm all confused now. Brummies, Cockneys, Geordies, etc. - those are all, um, local to a certain region. I thought scousers were everywhere. :?:

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 06 Jan 2013, 06:56

John aka Josh wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:Half of my family like to think of themselves as scousers but really they're faux-scousers as I don't think you're really scouse if your from the Wirral.

Woolybacks deffo.

Yes. I haven't heard that expression in an age. No one likes being referred to as a woolyback, it's considered derogatory. I should use it with my family :)

Loki Tannenbaum wrote:OK I'm all confused now. Brummies, Cockneys, Geordies, etc. - those are all, um, local to a certain region. I thought scousers were everywhere. :?:

Oh they are everywhere. You can go anywhere and be sure to find an out of work scouser propping up a bar. Scousers are from Liverpool. The four lads that shook the world were scousers.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 06 Jan 2013, 18:37

trans-chigley express wrote:Half of my family like to think of themselves as scousers but really they're faux-scousers.

Half your family and half this board. Well Griff anyway.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Return to “Nextdoorland”