Down With This Sort OF Thing, Carefull Now.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

If someone was getting a kicking in the street would you help them

Hell no, ain't nothing to do with me
50%
Yes, but i would have to warn them that i have permits for this fists of death.
50%

Total votes: 4

Zeke

Re: Down With This Sort OF Thing, Carefull Now.

Postby Zeke » 30 Jul 2012, 19:25

quix wrote:
TopCat G wrote:I think the official line from the police would be the opposite. Report it yes, but don't try and intervene yourself.

there's a special 'word' for the crime of not reporting a crime you've witnessed and I can't think what it is... it's really bugging me that I can't think of it. grr...

Misprision of felony?

I don't think either would actually apply to failing to report a fight, though. Would have to be a much more serious offense; a felony at least.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 30 Jul 2012, 19:49

I've seen a few fights happen at gigs or clubs and without even thinking have jumped in or started to before it was handled by bouncers.

Years ago I was with friends and one of the guys at the table punched his girlfriend in the face and was about to do it again when we all jumped on him and knocked him to the ground when the bouncers appeared they gave him a good thumping too and then kicked us all out and banned the couple from ever entering again. You react or I do without thinking for a moment that you might get hurt too.

I like to think I'm not such a risk taker now, about 2 months ago from the tobaco shop I wasa working in, across the street were a bunch of parked scooters and motorbikes, a drunk guy comes along walking and fell into one and the whole bunch went down like a set of dominos. Unluckily for him one of the motorcycle guys saw it and jumped him and started kicking him in the head while he was down. We called the police from the shop and about five minutes later they arrived and instead of getting the guy who'd given the beating, they came in and bought cigs!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 30 Jul 2012, 19:50

:lol:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Return to “Nextdoorland”