The pressures of work - Question 4 - acessability

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Is greater accessability, through email, cellphone etc changing your working hours

Yes, more than a little
26%
No
54%
Only a little bit
21%

Total votes: 39

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: The pressures of work - Question 4 - acessability

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 13 Jun 2012, 21:11

Gotta protect the rep!
:?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby jude » 13 Jun 2012, 22:10

A little. I have a laptop with VPN connectivity to allow me to work from home (or anywhere with power and an internet connection). I occasionally get home from the office and sign back on again to finish off a few things that i haven't had time to through the week.

Also, when i work from home i'm typically working from the time i get out of bed to the time i'm usually back from work. So i'm working the time i'd be getting ready, commuting, etc. Not much, granted, but extra nonetheless.
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 13 Jun 2012, 22:21

I don't usually carry a mobile phone with me and am known for not reading my emails. I tell anyone who needs to contact me to phone the school & messages get passed to me either direct from a secretary or via my pigeon hole. I do check my pigeon hole regularly as I have to pass it on the way to the staff room.

When I do check my emails I often delete unread anything sent to me or forwarded to me that I do not recognise. When I do open such emails they're invariably rubbish. Far more junk comes through email than postal mail, it's slower to access and dispose of than postal mail too.

Silent Bob

Postby Silent Bob » 14 Jun 2012, 10:47

I work shifts as we need to be available to take calls between 0800 & 2100.
The picture you see is no portrait of me

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 17 Jun 2012, 11:41

My rosters are set and rarely change.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Return to “Nextdoorland”