chunky + jelly
16%
I never touch the bowl of peanuts in a bar because it's pissy
16%

Total votes: 31

Sneelock

Re: The great peanut butter poll

Postby Sneelock » 04 Jun 2012, 18:53

I'll take it any way I can get it but I seldom do. I'm on Weight Watchers and that stuff is loaded with points. Also, nobody in my house loves the chunky style besides me so I vote chunky style.

listen to Jimbo on "Hot Coffee" -- highly recommended! wait until you see what they lady's "frivolous" burn really looked like.
Inka Dinka Doo

BlueMeanie

Postby BlueMeanie » 04 Jun 2012, 19:04

GoogaMooga wrote:
Jimbo2 wrote:What is up with those chocolate sprinkles on bread when they belong on a scoop of ice cream.

In Denmark they take it a step further, and simply sprinkle sugar on the white bread.

It's no wonder there are so many dentists in Denmark!

Mrs. BM has that thin sliced chocolate on rye bread for breakfast. Makes me gag just watching her eat it.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 04 Jun 2012, 19:07

The freshly ground, chunky stuff is divine -- though I have always liked all kinds of peanut butter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 04 Jun 2012, 19:53

It's got to be crunchy.

Preferably the groovy whole nut organic type.

I'll happily add a banana if it's a sandwich rather than toast.

Crunchy peanut butter is one of the wonders of the culinary world. It's my duty to consume it on a regular basis.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 04 Jun 2012, 20:09

I left my lunch on my kitchen table this morning, while in a rush. Luckily, I had a loaf of bread in the freezer and a jar of pb on my desk. Wonderful lunch, even if I did lose at Scrabble.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 04 Jun 2012, 20:29

Jimbo2 wrote:Love it but do you know how PB is made? It couldn't be simpler. You grind up peanuts and then add oil and salt and sugar. PB contains a lot of oil. Very bad stuff.
Peanuts themselves have alot of oil and natural peanutbutter is only ground peanuts whose oil will separate after a while. It is one of the best non meat protein sources available if not the best.

An aside note, my ex father in law designed, patented and produced a beanut butter grinding machine for healthfood stores and made a fortune in the late 70's and early 80's. He used to run off buckets of the stuff which my ex got at university, he and his roomates lived of PBabs J sandwhiches for 4 years with occasional pizzas and one year doughnuts from the shop below thier apartment with no ill side effects.

Non healthfood peanutbutter has added sugar and maybe extra oil, Jiff springs to mind as a particularly sugary one.

That all said, I hate peanutbutter, not as much as I hate ketchup but it's not far off. I do love peanut butter Captain Crunch though and I am crazy for peanut butter cookies, I made some of those last month and froze half the cookie dough, last night I was tempted to make the rest of the cookies.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 05 Jun 2012, 03:23

Smooth. Butter, no jelly. Either on soft white or some sort of toast (good on lite rye). I don't eat it often, tho. I went years without eating it, and only fancy it now and then.

My husband likes it with cheese - even chili con queso, which I find particularly revolting.

Peanut butter, along with a few other things, tastes different than it did when I was a kid. Sweeter, I suppose. So many things have more sugars in them - no wonder kids are obese these days. I think there's going to be a swing back the other way, thankfully.

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 05 Jun 2012, 03:33

Jif creamy style, eaten with a spoon straight out of the jar.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Jun 2012, 03:38

This is my favorite:

One of the few "reduced fat" items that I actually like better than the regular version.

On white bread, whole wheat, or Roman Meal. No butter.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 05 Jun 2012, 08:33

Charlie O. wrote:This is my favorite:

One of the few "reduced fat" items that I actually like better than the regular version.

So agreed. Most lighter or fat-free versions of pretty much anything are sorely lacking in flavour, yeah.

This is the one I buy~

Ok, so it's only 25% lighter....and I'm sure it's just as sweet as regular.

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Jun 2012, 08:52

I am quasi-seriously introducing real peanut butter to Japan. In Tokyo markets I can buy small jars of Skippy but other than that there is only a weak tasting peanut flavored margarine. Friends in the north can't buy Skippy. One friend who saw Brad Pitt eating peanut butter with his finger in the movie movie Joe Black said he'd like some of that. I mean the peanut butter. And it isn't as if peanuts are alien to the food culture here. Chiba prefecture is to peanuts what Idaho is to potatoes. In supermarkets I can buy these simple vanilla cookies with embedded peanuts which are cheap and delicious. They could be a hit in the US if marketed right. And there is this sweet and gooey miso peanut confection Japanese eat with hot rice which is delicious but would be a hard sell at home. And while there is Japanese tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and jam there is no decent peanut butter. I gotta get one of those peanut grinding machines and make my fortune.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 05 Jun 2012, 14:19

When we first moved to Japan in the mid 80's, famously on the the list of "You can't get it here" items for Japan. So every fricking person that came to visit us seemed to think it important to bring us a jar of jif or skippy. Thing is, no one in our family liked the stuff. When my father finally left in 1998, he said that he must've had about a dozen of these jars, all unopened.
the Eagles suck.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 05 Jun 2012, 14:54

Loki wrote:Image

Ok, so it's only 25% lighter....and I'm sure it's just as sweet as regular.

I buy the non-reduced stuff. :oops: And I LOVE it.

A friend of mine moved to New Jersey some years ago. Every time he visits up here, he loads up on the Kraft pb. He can't seem to get it down there. I assume that Kraft already markets under another brand down there. Anyone know which one?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Jun 2012, 14:59

Peanut butter is one of the few things in life I am powerless over. I prefer the crunchy variety, either organic or sweet, and would rather have no peanut butter than smooth.

It's pointless us having any in the house, between us and a few swift fridge visits a jar could be gone in an hour.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Jun 2012, 14:59

Matty Red Sox wrote: "You can't get it here" items for Japan. .

There has been much improvement in that department. About the only American thing I can think of still hard to get here are beef wieners.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Jun 2012, 15:17

Jimbo2 wrote:

There has been much improvement in that department. About the only American thing I can think of still hard to get here are beef wieners.

He said "wieners."
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 05 Jun 2012, 16:04

Jimbo2 wrote:

Top Split New England style hotdog buns for those wieners.
Is Alka Seltzer available yet?
Root beer is still hard to locate.

But yeah, that list is shorter... in fact, probably better than the list that my wife has of Japanese things unavailable in NYC.
the Eagles suck.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Jun 2012, 16:12

Matty Red Sox wrote:
Jimbo2 wrote:

Top Split New England style hotdog buns for those wieners.
Is Alka Seltzer available yet?
Root beer is still hard to locate.

But yeah, that list is shorter... in fact, probably better than the list that my wife has of Japanese things unavailable in NYC.

Dunno 'bout the buns. If I could get the dogs I'd know if they had the buns.

Alka Seltzer, no. Root Beer, no. Pabtz Blue Ribbon, no. Regular fucking rice, no.

They do make and sell a lot more varieties of deodorant including a spray.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 05 Jun 2012, 18:11

Always crunchy peanut butter, I can't be doing with smooth at all.
PB is great on wholemeal toast, but better on a white untoasted sarnie.
Have you tried finely chopped spring onions on a peanut butter sandwich? Absolutely great and it adds more crunchiness. :D

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 05 Jun 2012, 18:12

GoogaMooga wrote:
penk wrote:And as for people who butter their bread before putting the peanut butter on...

Guilty as charged. :oops:

Me too. So sue me...
:evil:

btw, pb is great spread on digestive biscuits and even better, Hob Nobs! ;)