Dilemma solvers welcome -poll

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Should I chase the dough, or leave it,bro?

1. Hell, you gotta get that loot!
42%
2. Nah leave it, more trouble than worth.
50%
3. Get footy to go round and 'liberate it' from them
8%

Total votes: 12

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Dilemma solvers welcome -poll

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Dec 2011, 22:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:Nothing as exciting as drugs Im afraid.

There sure isn't.

;)
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 06 Dec 2011, 22:25

Pretend you've got a broken leg or something and ask them if they could pop into town and get something for you, promising to pay them back when they return and when they do, you've got no cash on you so you promise to pay them back next time, but by the time you get a chance to do so - you've emigrated!

That'll teach 'em.
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

John Mc

Postby John Mc » 06 Dec 2011, 22:33

Depends, Minnie. Would you rather be Jerry, Elaine, George or Kramer?
quix wrote:If you want to really live then you have to open yourself up to love... some you'll win, some you'll lose... but what is the point if being human if you don't dare?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Dec 2011, 22:34

Billybob Dylan wrote:Pretend you've got a broken leg or something and ask them if they could pop into town and get something for you, promising to pay them back when they return and when they do, you've got no cash on you so you promise to pay them back next time, but by the time you get a chance to do so - you've emigrated!

That'll teach 'em.

Yeah! Tell them you need a Fabergé egg!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 06 Dec 2011, 22:44

Minnie the Minx wrote:
The Ghost of Christmas Prof wrote:I'll do it and split the cash 50/50.

60/40

Very generous, thanks.

quix

Postby quix » 07 Dec 2011, 07:11

let it go Minnie. I have a rule about money that I try and apply... especially where friends are concerned: I never lend or outlay more than I can afford to lose or give away. it saves a lot of bad feeling in the long run....

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 07 Dec 2011, 11:08

Billybob Dylan wrote:Pretend you've got a broken leg or something and ask them if they could pop into town and get something for you, promising to pay them back when they return and when they do, you've got no cash on you so you promise to pay them back next time, but by the time you get a chance to do so - you've emigrated!

That'll teach 'em.

Speaking from experience?
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 07 Dec 2011, 11:27

Harvey K-Tel wrote:

That'll teach 'em.

Yeah! Tell them you need a Fabergé egg!

:D
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Zeke

Postby Zeke » 07 Dec 2011, 17:36

It seems more than a little presumptuous for an acquaintance to just jump to the conclusion that you would assume the cost of something done as a favor - particularly if the cost was significant. I'd feel distinctly taken advantage of.

That'll teach 'em.

Sounds like fair play to me...

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 07 Dec 2011, 17:43

Zeke wrote:It seems more than a little presumptuous for an acquaintance to just jump to the conclusion that you would assume the cost of something done as a favor - particularly if the cost was significant. I'd feel distinctly taken advantage of.

I was thinking that. In fact I wonder if Minnie's been deliberately ripped off here. It really doesn't strike me as normal that this person should assume you'd pay for whatever it was.

Minnie, you'd know better than we can but do you think it's possible this acquaintance set out with the deliberate intention to not pay you back?

In which case you certainly should ask for the money but, on the other hand, they're highly unlikely to pay you back. I second the earlier suggestion of talking to their friend about it.
Last edited by Rorschach on 07 Dec 2011, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Bugger off.

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 07 Dec 2011, 17:51

Copehead wrote:

That'll teach 'em.

Speaking from experience?

I still haven't received that 20 quid you owe me.
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 07 Dec 2011, 19:12

I would say unless you need the money (for food, electricity, gas, or major medical bills yourself) just chalk it up to a learning experience. The fair thing would be that this person would remember the debt but in the real world they probably won't and like my step dad always said...... who says life is fair????

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Dec 2011, 19:19

Tell them you're leaving for America etc and need all the cash you can get so would it be possible to get a percentage back?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Dec 2011, 20:23

You've all got valid points!

To complicate issues further, this lady lives an eclectic lifestyle and knowing her more about her since the event, she assumes most things are gifts unless told firmly otherwise. Which I didn't.

I think she did it on purpose, but maybe not maliciously. She just thinks the world is nicer than it is and that she is more special than she actually is.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 07 Dec 2011, 20:30

Minnie the Minx wrote:You've all got valid points!

To complicate issues further, this lady lives an eclectic lifestyle and knowing her more about her since the event, she assumes most things are gifts unless told firmly otherwise. Which I didn't.

I think she did it on purpose, but maybe not maliciously. She just thinks the world is nicer than it is and that she is more special than she actually is.

Sounds like your money is gone then.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Dec 2011, 20:33

Poppypoobah wrote:

Yeah. :|

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Postby Poppypoobah » 07 Dec 2011, 20:42

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Poppypoobah wrote:

Yeah. :|

Hopefully it wasn't too much.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Dec 2011, 20:44

It was :evil:

Anyway, the 'let it go' gang has won.

Thanks for the advice, all!

Dr Markus wrote:

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 07 Dec 2011, 20:56

She sounds a bit like a parasite
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Dec 2011, 21:01

Copehead wrote:

She sounds a bit like a parasite

She would call it 'bohemian'

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”