I would never consider getting any
58%

Total votes: 64

the hanging monkey
can't be arsed

Re: Tattooing

Postby the hanging monkey » 03 Nov 2011, 10:31

Medb wrote:
Did you have a bad experience with an outty?

No, it's just weird.

I had a bad experience with a ginger and I still fancy them.
The Dríver wrote:We even have village idiots.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2011, 10:31

Jumper k wrote:I'm off for some more work this weekend. I'll finally finish the lower part of my leg and have the patella covered. Thats it until next year when I'm considering a full sleeve. Oh, and a portrait of G on the palm of my left hand.

Are you left handed?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 03 Nov 2011, 10:32

Deebank wrote:
Jumper k wrote:I'm off for some more work this weekend. I'll finally finish the lower part of my leg and have the patella covered. Thats it until next year when I'm considering a full sleeve. Oh, and a portrait of G on the palm of my left hand.

Are you left handed?

Right, I like to watch.

Medb

Postby Medb » 03 Nov 2011, 10:33

the hanging monkey wrote:
Medb wrote:
Did you have a bad experience with an outty?

No, it's just weird.

I had a bad experience with a ginger and I still fancy them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TopCat G wrote:
Medb wrote:
TopCat G wrote:
Well I did say 'less likely' as opposed to I would never consider going out with them.

Are there any other physical attributes might put you off?

I'm sure there are, but I'm not going to land myself in a trap by listing them here. That there is a relationship between appearance and attractiveness is hardly big news.

Aw go on, land yourself in a trap, it'll be fun :lol:

I think, although you're not admitting it, that you do judge a woman who has what you consider to be masculine tattoos in masculine places. I just think it's quite superficial.
If You Open Your Mind Too Much, Your Brains Will Fall Out - Tim Minchin

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 03 Nov 2011, 10:42

Medb wrote: you do judge a woman who has what you consider to be masculine tattoos in masculine places.

I'd never go out with a woman who has a tattoo on her willy...
:(

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Nov 2011, 10:42

I think those last few sentences gave you away. Yes I was pretty aware that you were looking to read things into my posts, which is why I was careful not to give you the ammunition.
The truth really is as straightforward as I stated in my posts. I don't find large visible tattoos on women very attractive and as a result I'd be less likely to fancy them. It does not mean I think any the less of them as a human being or that I make assumptions about their moral character. If that is superficial so be it, though it's no more superficial than a woman saying she doesn't like beards on men for example.

Medb

Postby Medb » 03 Nov 2011, 10:43

Phil T wrote:
Medb wrote: you do judge a woman who has what you consider to be masculine tattoos in masculine places.

:lol: That doesn't rule out you going out with a woman with a willy :shock:

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 03 Nov 2011, 10:44

@Medb -

I am not a fan of tattoos in general. That said: I do find a smallish and tasteful tattoo on a woman so attractive, that I must careful about not to, well, you know, not to shoot not from the hip too fast.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 03 Nov 2011, 10:47

Medb wrote:
Phil T wrote:

Depends what she looked like... :D

Medb

Postby Medb » 03 Nov 2011, 10:48

TopCat G wrote:I think those last few sentences gave you away. Yes I was pretty aware that you were looking to read things into my posts, which is why I was careful not to give you the ammunition.
The truth really is as straightforward as I stated in my posts. I don't find large visible tattoos on women very attractive and as a result I'd be less likely to fancy them. It does not mean I think any the less of them as a human being or that I make assumptions about their moral character. If that is superficial so be it, though it's no more superficial than a woman saying she doesn't like beards on men for example.

Ok that's fair. It was just your earlier statements that implied that you view tattoos, especially on the forearm as masculine. I assumed therefore that you saw women with such tattoos as less feminine, rather than morally inferior. Although neither construct should be that valid in 2011. I stand corrected.

Medb

Postby Medb » 03 Nov 2011, 10:48

Phil T wrote:
Depends what she looked like... :D

She might love you long time, for five dolla'!

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 03 Nov 2011, 10:52

Jumper k wrote:I'm off for some more work this weekend. I'll finally finish the lower part of my leg and have the patella covered.

I never noticed the rice-based Spanish dish tattoo before.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 03 Nov 2011, 10:53

Medb wrote:
Phil T wrote:

I almost humourously replied "why, are you doing anything at the weekend?".
But thought better of it, as that way lies insanity and a visit to A & E. For a couple of reasons... :lol:

Medb

Postby Medb » 03 Nov 2011, 10:55

Phil T wrote:
But thought better of it, as that way lies insanity and a visit to A & E. For a couple of reasons... :lol:

My penis is my business :cry:

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 03 Nov 2011, 10:56

Medb wrote:
Phil T wrote:

My penis is my business :cry:

Indeed...

Medb

Postby Medb » 03 Nov 2011, 11:00

Disclaimer: Due to the complete randomness of t'internet I would just like to clarify I don't have, and have never had, a penis. Not that there would be anything wrong with me if I did. Penises are ok, just not on me. Women who do happen to have penises are, I'm sure, proud of them. Maybe :?

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 03 Nov 2011, 11:00

I like tattoos. Well, I like GOOD tattoos. Like them on women too, if they're the sort of person who suits them and doesn't just want a fashion accessory. I've only got one but may get more. I like having just the one but I also like the idea of having a LOT. I still haven't decided.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2011, 11:51

I toyed with the idea of getting one when I was younger but my Dad (ex Navy) who is covered in tatts put me off really. Then it became fashionable and now there's no chance I'd get any. Regarding women it's all about the design and placing. I can't stand ugly, tacky tatts (which is about 90% of them) and generally speaking less is more but they can look good if done well.

This is cool....

This is fucking ugly....

Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 03 Nov 2011, 11:55

Fireplug wrote:I like tattoos. Well, I like GOOD tattoos. Like them on women too, if they're the sort of person who suits them and doesn't just want a fashion accessory. I've only got one but may get more. I like having just the one but I also like the idea of having a LOT. I still haven't decided.

similar to me - i think i may have mentinoed elsewhere i got my first tattoo on my stag do earlier this year, and i really like it. sometimes i still wake up, catch my shoulder in the mirror and start pissing myself that I have a tattoo - it brings back very fond memories, and it's a decent enough tattoo. but i seriously consider having a second one - I have one that symbolises my swedish heritage, and i wouldn't mind having one that symbolises the fact that i've married into a french family now, and might opt for some cathar-esque symbols, they have quite a nice cross. i draw the line at the three lions though to symbolise that i've lived in England most of my life!

i've had a think about it with regards to women, and realised that i've actually never been with a woman who has a tattoo. that is certainly a coincidence - i've never really thought about it before. and now it makes me want to go back in time and find a woman with a tattoo for a night and see what I make of it! :D ah well, we all live with regrets i suppose!
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2011, 11:55

Thing with tats is that given a few years (and presumably no touching up) they go all blue and blurry (I'm reminded of Paula Yates in her final years), like horrible jail cell efforts.

And taking the long-term view, when you're an old man/woman they're going to look a bit crap.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Return to “Nextdoorland”