Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 15 Sep 2011, 16:08

neverknows wrote:
Rocky Bronzino wrote:I hate talking about myself

You just did.

and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

Insouciant Western People

Re: talking about yourself

Postby Insouciant Western People » 15 Sep 2011, 16:18

Rocky Bronzino wrote:and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

I think you doth protest too much. I bet you were positivly wriggling with pleasure.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 Sep 2011, 16:28

Rocky Bronzino wrote:
neverknows wrote:
Rocky Bronzino wrote:I hate talking about myself

You just did.

and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

There you go again. ;)
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Lemon Yoghourt

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 15 Sep 2011, 16:34

Damn you guys!

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Sep 2011, 16:36

I don't have to talk about myself, my Asperger friend will turn any conversation about me around and talk about himself instead, he thinks he is the center of the universe. :)
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

hookfinger

Postby hookfinger » 15 Sep 2011, 16:37

Oh Thank god...i thought goog was gonna go on forever...
Oh boy is it getting rough, when my old world charm isn't quite enough.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 15 Sep 2011, 17:22

Here on BCB, I've noticed that in my attempts to delineate between my views and objective fact, I start almost all of my sentences with "I". Or I do until I realize it and reword it a bit so it doesn't look so bad. (And I realize I've used the word quite a lot in this post as well, without even meaning to!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

12stringbassist

Postby 12stringbassist » 15 Sep 2011, 18:41

I'll talk about myself in a 'musician' context as much as I find I need to, otherwise I'm pleased
to be fairly boring, except just after I've been on holiday.
The world was holding its breath waiting for me to post that, obviously......

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 15 Sep 2011, 18:46

NDL

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 15 Sep 2011, 18:50

Yes.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 15 Sep 2011, 22:20

G-Z wrote:
sensi wrote:Or something like they have on YY at the moment "what would have happened if The Beatles appeared in my kitchen while I'm cooking a Sunday roast" :roll:

"She's got a chicken to ri-i-ide"

The salad of John & Yoko

The long and winding roast

We can pork it out

All you need is dove

I want to hold your lamb

Kelp!
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

no one

Postby no one » 16 Sep 2011, 18:17

:lol:

no one

Postby no one » 16 Sep 2011, 18:59

i don't mind it... but i don't like being the only one doing it... it's got to be a mutual exchange, both taking turns sharing... lately i've been getting to know a man who's grown up in my town but recently moved a few towns away... he comes back once a week for a car show here, which is tonight, actually.... at times it's felt a little awkward, like i'm interviewing him when he gives short replies, but for the most part, neither of us minds expressing our opinions and thoughts about things, or telling what's going on with us.... hasn't been anything too deep yet, but we're gradually getting more familiar and comfortable, so it's not a far stretch... i'll wait for him to finish a story, and then i'll share one of my own, but i'll make sure to turn the conversation back to him again before going quiet.... i'm aware that i might come across as someone like Googa described :lol: ......i work with one of those people.... whenever you start a story or make a statement about yourself - even if he's the one who asked you in the first place - he'll cut you right off and go into a long, boring schpiel about himself which a lot of the time is a repeat.... :roll: .....it can be frustrating.... sometimes he'll be aware of it and say "sorry, just had to get that out, you were saying?"

when i first meet a more withdrawn person, i'll talk about myself, first, in hopes that it'll make the person feel more comfortable and more likely to open up about him/herself... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 16 Sep 2011, 19:04

Maryann wrote:i don't mind it... but i don't like being the only one doing it... it's got to be a mutual exchange, both taking turns sharing... lately i've been getting to know a man who's grown up in my town but recently moved a few towns away... he comes back once a week for a car show here, which is tonight, actually.... at times it's felt a little awkward, like i'm interviewing him when he gives short replies, but for the most part, neither of us minds expressing our opinions and thoughts about things, or telling what's going on with us.... hasn't been anything too deep yet, but we're gradually getting more familiar and comfortable, so it's not a far stretch... i'll wait for him to finish a story, and then i'll share one of my own, but i'll make sure to turn the conversation back to him again before going quiet.... i'm aware that i might come across as someone like Googa described :lol: ......i work with one of those people.... whenever you start a story or make a statement about yourself - even if he's the one who asked you in the first place - he'll cut you right off and go into a long, boring schpiel about himself which a lot of the time is a repeat.... :roll: .....it can be frustrating.... sometimes he'll be aware of it and say "sorry, just had to get that out, you were saying?"

when i first meet a more withdrawn person, i'll talk about myself, first, in hopes that it'll make the person feel more comfortable and more likely to open up about him/herself... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

dreadful self-indulging stuff.

i want to be BCB sicky.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 16 Sep 2011, 19:21

Well,it's that or politics and religion,'skope.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Sep 2011, 20:26

solarskope wrote:
Maryann wrote:i don't mind it... but i don't like being the only one doing it... it's got to be a mutual exchange, both taking turns sharing... lately i've been getting to know a man who's grown up in my town but recently moved a few towns away... he comes back once a week for a car show here, which is tonight, actually.... at times it's felt a little awkward, like i'm interviewing him when he gives short replies, but for the most part, neither of us minds expressing our opinions and thoughts about things, or telling what's going on with us.... hasn't been anything too deep yet, but we're gradually getting more familiar and comfortable, so it's not a far stretch... i'll wait for him to finish a story, and then i'll share one of my own, but i'll make sure to turn the conversation back to him again before going quiet.... i'm aware that i might come across as someone like Googa described :lol: ......i work with one of those people.... whenever you start a story or make a statement about yourself - even if he's the one who asked you in the first place - he'll cut you right off and go into a long, boring schpiel about himself which a lot of the time is a repeat.... :roll: .....it can be frustrating.... sometimes he'll be aware of it and say "sorry, just had to get that out, you were saying?"

i want to be BCB sicky.

:roll:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 16 Sep 2011, 20:27

Minnie the Minx wrote:
solarskope wrote:

i want to be BCB sicky.

:roll:

ooh ooh look at you!

no one

Postby no one » 16 Sep 2011, 20:50

solarskope wrote:

i want to be BCB sicky.

since i think you're a dickhole, anyway, it's nice to know something i posted turned your stomach...

straw mimsy

Postby straw mimsy » 17 Sep 2011, 01:01

Maryann wrote:

I know entirely what you mean. When people are quiet I find myself talking more than I normally would. I don't like talking about myself, but always feeling the urge to fill silences, no one would believe that about me.