MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Dec 2020, 17:35

Hurray, Felix! Was it good stuff?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 16 Dec 2020, 17:36

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, Felix!

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 16 Dec 2020, 17:47

Take it easy, Felix!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Dec 2020, 20:32

Best of luck with your knee surgery. Hope you’re out and about soon though this time of year the icy sidewalks could be dangerous.
This is not the year to think about what we don’t have.
It is the year we should be grateful for what we do have.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Dec 2020, 21:38

souphound wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
souphound wrote:

It's 5 below O Celsius here and all the bars have been off limit for months now. How I envy that feeling. I wouldn't even need a book. Just any old mag would do.

:( :D

Well, in fairness I made my afternoon sound a lot more "pre-pandemic" fun than it actually was. When I say bar, I meant a friend's restaurant that sells alcohol and where you can completely socially distance on the patio outside. She has gone far and above what Texas says she "should" do and even though she could, she won't open the inside of her restaurant until the world is in a safe place because she cares about her staff and customers. She has also spaced out her outside space to way more than she is "technically" required to, and put partitions up between tables. Because Austin can be so beautiful during the winter, it's actually a great place to go and hang and she will almost never need heaters. She's losing so much money at the moment, and all her life savings are going into keeping it afloat but she is struggling precisely because she is trying to do things in a way that her conscience lets her. When I waved goodbye to her yesterday, she was bent over her laptop doing accounts looking completely deflated. What can you do, except....go to their places on their quiet days, drink a lot so they get a good profit on the wine, and leave big tips and great reviews. And I'm happy to keep on doing just that.

Sad but perfect.

Well, I’m here again! :D

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Dec 2020, 21:42

Minnie the Minx wrote:
souphound wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Well, in fairness I made my afternoon sound a lot more "pre-pandemic" fun than it actually was. When I say bar, I meant a friend's restaurant that sells alcohol and where you can completely socially distance on the patio outside. She has gone far and above what Texas says she "should" do and even though she could, she won't open the inside of her restaurant until the world is in a safe place because she cares about her staff and customers. She has also spaced out her outside space to way more than she is "technically" required to, and put partitions up between tables. Because Austin can be so beautiful during the winter, it's actually a great place to go and hang and she will almost never need heaters. She's losing so much money at the moment, and all her life savings are going into keeping it afloat but she is struggling precisely because she is trying to do things in a way that her conscience lets her. When I waved goodbye to her yesterday, she was bent over her laptop doing accounts looking completely deflated. What can you do, except....go to their places on their quiet days, drink a lot so they get a good profit on the wine, and leave big tips and great reviews. And I'm happy to keep on doing just that.

Sad but perfect.

Well, I’m here again! :D

Good thing there aren’t any icy sidewalks your way. ;)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Dec 2020, 21:47

Yeah!
I was just looking at NY pals pictures - unreal!
I was also thinking that as much as I love snow, it certainly hampers the comfort of sitting outside which is one bonus of Texas winter.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Dec 2020, 21:58

My husband would now have us move to an Estonian island where he could mainline herring in the 0.5 hrs of sunlight during the Winter.
I have gone soft and demand eternal sunshine and salsa on demand.

Dr Markus wrote:

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 17 Dec 2020, 22:10

I, for one, am ready to move to a Baltic Island where I can mainline herring and weird schnapps in the thirty minutes of daily winter sun.

Alas, my wife likes the sun.
:roll:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Dec 2020, 23:10

Give her a few more years and she might come around. ;)

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Dec 2020, 23:26

I had 42 years of Yorkshire pet. I’ve learned the hard way!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Dec 2020, 23:33

Understood. I am not a cold weather lover outside of what I experience here. If I want to get in the snow or experience freezing temperatures I can drive to Tahoe or anywhere up in the Sierra Nevada near me and I’ll get all I want. Most of the time when I leave town I am heading west towards the coast. Much more my style. I do enjoy wearing my “winter” apparel, i.e. flannel shirts, wool sweaters and scarves but it’s usually December and January and then it’s over.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Dec 2020, 00:12

We’re just back from a backyard Hannukah at Baron’s mother’s house. We couldn’t hang inside to make the latkes this year so we got Tex Mex take out instead that was pretty outstanding.

Usually at this time of year we are doing a bit of wandering up and down the San Antonio riverwalk, stopping off at places for margaritas on the way. Roll on 2021.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Dec 2020, 18:13

I just tried to order a copy of my birth certificate and it stops abruptly at 1940 and starts again at 1984. Anyone know why?

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Dec 2020, 18:36

Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re just back from a backyard Hannukah at Baron’s mother’s house. We couldn’t hang inside to make the latkes this year so we got Tex Mex take out instead that was pretty outstanding.

Usually at this time of year we are doing a bit of wandering up and down the San Antonio riverwalk, stopping off at places for margaritas on the way. Roll on 2021.

That’s a lovely thing to do this time of year. I’ve only done it once though the circumstances weren’t great as I was in town visiting my niece in hospital who was being treated for leukemia. It was a nice diversion from reality though.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Dec 2020, 18:59

Yeah! Buying splendid tat at the Mexican market and bumping into mariachi bands everywhere. I never thought I’d miss it till - well, you know!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Dec 2020, 23:02

Minnie the Minx wrote:I just tried to order a copy of my birth certificate and it stops abruptly at 1940 and starts again at 1984. Anyone know why?

My birth certificate has gone missing and I need to get a copy too. Since you’re in San Antonio could you pick mine up for me? I’m sure there wouldn’t be a problem of them handing it over to you. Ta!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Dec 2020, 16:29

Baron’s making mince pies (even making his own filling) and I did a taste test and suggested he put a few chili flakes in so
I suppose I really am a Texan now!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 31 Dec 2020, 00:04

Just finished a walk in the park so I’m enjoying a slice of artichoke heart and cheese focaccia and a Bear Republic NEIPA (hazy style of IPA. Probably upper 40s F.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 Dec 2020, 16:12

There were hardly any black eyed peas left in our shops yesterday. I can only guess that folks are leaving nothing to chance and cooking VATS of them!

Dr Markus wrote: