MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 12 Jul 2020, 17:25

One of my ex work mates got it towards the end of his career. My sympathies Jim. Hope it gets under control soon.
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Jul 2020, 06:06

Today when I went out the front door to check my mail I had a hummingbird fly up to me before I got completely out of the door. He hovered within inches of my face with a buddy hovering a foot or two behind him and he was making those chirpy sounds they do with their wings. My feeder was empty and had been for a while and I guess they were furious about it. It's been between 100 - 106 F the last few days and I'm sure the flowers have shutdown their nectar making so they were probably very hungry. So I went in the house and made their syrup and cooled it down in the fridge so I could get it out there asap. Nothing like getting bullied by tiny birds to make you move. I've had them fly that close to my face before but this felt different.
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 14 Jul 2020, 06:13

Six String wrote:Today when I went out the front door to check my mail I had a hummingbird fly up to me before I got completely out of the door. He hovered within inches of my face with a buddy hovering a foot or two behind him and he was making those chirpy sounds they do with their wings. My feeder was empty and had been for a while and I guess they were furious about it. It's been between 100 - 106 F the last few days and I'm sure the flowers have shutdown their nectar making so they were probably very hungry. So I went in the house and made their syrup and cooled it down in the fridge so I could get it out there asap. Nothing like getting bullied by tiny birds to make you move. I've had them fly that close to my face before but this felt different.

:lol:

Avian entitlement!

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 15 Jul 2020, 01:02

Six String wrote:Today when I went out the front door to check my mail I had a hummingbird fly up to me before I got completely out of the door. He hovered within inches of my face with a buddy hovering a foot or two behind him and he was making those chirpy sounds they do with their wings. My feeder was empty and had been for a while and I guess they were furious about it. It's been between 100 - 106 F the last few days and I'm sure the flowers have shutdown their nectar making so they were probably very hungry. So I went in the house and made their syrup and cooled it down in the fridge so I could get it out there asap. Nothing like getting bullied by tiny birds to make you move. I've had them fly that close to my face before but this felt different.

Fantastic! :lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 15 Jul 2020, 01:04

we had an arborist out today. (Six words I never thought I would write.)
He was ace. He has drawn a map of everything, and is really excited about our two oldest trees in the middle of the back yard which he thinks are going to last another 600 years. He is a real tree hugger and I love the idea of someone who really adores trees pruning our shit!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Jul 2020, 01:25

Minnie the Minx wrote:we had an arborist out today. (Six words I never thought I would write.)
He was ace. He has drawn a map of everything, and is really excited about our two oldest trees in the middle of the back yard which he thinks are going to last another 600 years. He is a real tree hugger and I love the idea of someone who really adores trees pruning our shit!

In my experience it really makes a difference if one cares about their trees. I love your backyard and glad you have made this decision. Yes, we are tree huggers. :oops: :)
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 15 Jul 2020, 01:29

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:we had an arborist out today. (Six words I never thought I would write.)

In my experience it really makes a difference if one cares about their trees. I love your backyard and glad you have made this decision. Yes, we are tree huggers. :oops: :)

Yeah! Well we bought the house really because of the backyard. It's brought me so much peace and happiness during these weird times- I feel like we are showing it some love finally. Well, once I stop pissing in it when I've had a beer or five.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Jul 2020, 04:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:

Yeah! Well we bought the house really because of the backyard. It's brought me so much peace and happiness during these weird times- I feel like we are showing it some love finally. Well, once I stop pissing in it when I've had a beer or five.

That's what trees do and that's part of why we're tree huggers. Rebecca could go on and on about this.
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 15 Jul 2020, 05:06

Minnie the Minx wrote:I feel like we are showing it some love finally. Well, once I stop pissing in it when I've had a beer or five.

:|
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 15 Jul 2020, 05:12

You want her to keep pissing in it?

Six String

Postby Six String » 15 Jul 2020, 05:39

Charlie O. wrote:You want her to keep pissing in it?

It's the nitrogen man! (And a little vodka too which makes them sway a bit more in the breeze. :P )
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Jul 2020, 13:54

I just saw two cocoons (looks like Red Admirals) on my Russian Sage this morning. I've never seen any cocoons on the Russian Sage before this morning. I have seen some Red Admirals in the back garden. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Jul 2020, 14:40

I've driven over to my accountants, as the registered postal service is so unreliable to deliver my tax return which I'm doing uber early in case I get sick.

He has multiple clients going bankrupt and is up to his eyes in their case work.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Jul 2020, 01:54

Plums and vodka are happily infusing with cinnamon sticks and some lemon peel.
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Jul 2020, 04:32

The hummingbirds are really happy since the cafe opened back up. I just had two on the feeder at the same time which doesn't happen a lot. Sharing is not something they do very well but it's dusk so the dinner hour will over soon.
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 18 Jul 2020, 00:34

Six String wrote:Plums and vodka are happily infusing with cinnamon sticks and some lemon peel.
Mmmm. sounds great Les.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Jul 2020, 07:09

So the kids have finished school in the weirdest year yet. We still have a couple of days hnding over and tidying up, but no stress. I am absolutely exhausted. At least this summer I have few concerns about the next school year, unlike the last three summers. I should manage to recover. Hard to believe I have been a teacher for 3 years now.

Flower

Postby Flower » 20 Jul 2020, 20:42

This afternoon I saw a delivery person slide a large heavy box on t my front porch. Since we aren't expecting any packages and have had many wrong deliveries in the past due to the fact that we live on XYZ Terrace. There is a XYZ Road a couple of blocks to the West which runs perpendicular us. We often get mail and deliveries for XYZ Road, so I always check the label before bringing anything into the house. This package was for someone down our block. Luckily, I caught the delivery guy in time and he thanked me by offering me a coupon for a "Free Box" from Hello Fresh which I accepted. Now, I have to figure out what I want to order. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Jul 2020, 15:24

There was an emergency evacuation of my flats this morning for what ultimately turned out not to be a WW2 UXB so we were allowed back home after about an hour.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2020, 09:11

So I'm at my gym, masked of course, fast walking on the treadmill when I happened to look over my shoulder and see an instructor showing a new client, a be-masked normal looking young man, how to use the cycling machine. Nothing unusual there at all but then, when I happened to look again some minutes later, there, beside the cycling machine was the same young man on his knees staring at a Domino's large sized puddle of vomit. As I was looking, concerned of course and hoping an instructor would come to the rescue, the guy vomited again. Some of you will be pleased to hear he was a real trouper and did not remove his mask. Through and around the mask came the vomit. Not that he could have choked or anything. Some moments later a couple of staffers came to assist and clean up. The guy seemed to recover a bit and did, sad to say, take off his mask.
"I uh, I love those barrettes in your hair, man. I tell you what, look at her. She looks like she’s 19 years old sitting there like a little lady with her legs crossed.”