MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Jun 2020, 00:20

Got a call this afternoon from the Director Of Assisted Living at the place where my dad is, telling me that one of the nurses there had tested positive for youknowwhat. They think it's an isolated case, but of course they'll be testing everybody as soon as they can.

I thanked her for letting me know, and told her I hoped the nurse would recover soon and not have too hard a time with it. She thanked me and said I was the first person she'd talked to about this who'd said anything like that.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Jun 2020, 04:47

Wow, grim to the brim. :(

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Jun 2020, 14:43

Charlie O. wrote:Got a call this afternoon from the Director Of Assisted Living at the place where my dad is, telling me that one of the nurses there had tested positive for youknowwhat. They think it's an isolated case, but of course they'll be testing everybody as soon as they can.

I thanked her for letting me know, and told her I hoped the nurse would recover soon and not have too hard a time with it. She thanked me and said I was the first person she'd talked to about this who'd said anything like that.

Hope all goes well there, Charlie!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Jun 2020, 14:44

Baron seasoned our new wok last night!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 24 Jun 2020, 15:48

Minnie the Minx wrote:Baron seasoned our new wok last night!

I too love to season my pans during the hottest time of the year.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 24 Jun 2020, 18:35

Second bout of gout in three weeks. I wouldnt mind so much if I'd been absolutely hammering it. Been fairly sensible in my diet and have barely drank any booze.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 24 Jun 2020, 19:26

harvey k-tel wrote:I too love to season my pans during the hottest time of the year.

Filthy pervert! :o
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Jun 2020, 22:00

I just had my first melon of the season, an Ambrosia which is a type of cantaloupe. Sweet, aromatic and utterly delicious. Next week they'll be even better since it's been so hot.

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 Jun 2020, 19:53

I started a little food experiment today with the plums from the backyard. I have way too many to possibly eat and they are small this year so I've decided to cook them down in a slowcooker without adding sugar or anything else. That way I can try some different flavoring approaches, both savory and sweet to see what works. I'll freeze the pulp in small batches to preserve them and bring some out when the mood strikes and play around with it. I don't really want to make jam with it so that's why I'm giving this a go. Last year I put some in my dehydrater but it made a sticky mess in the process so I thought I'd try this. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 03 Jul 2020, 12:17

Plenty of petrol on sale with no queues today but not a jar of either Marmite or Vegemite to be had for the last 2 weeks.