MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 29 Apr 2020, 21:04

Charlie O. wrote:Last night around twilight there was a Good Humor ice cream truck stopped on the street in front of my house for ten minutes, with its "bells" going the whole time. Weird, as I don't think there are any kids on this stretch of my (dead end) street. There were some trees between me and the truck so I couldn't quite see what was going on; at one point I thought maybe he had been pressed into service delivering groceries, but... ten minutes??

I can tell you that his "bells" were playing the most insane non-stop medley of melodies - LOTS of xmas tunes, plus "Dixie", "Waltzing Matilda", "My Darling Clementine", "Rhythm Of The Rain", "Love Is Blue", and many many more! (And if you order now, you'll also receive...)

Send him to me. Our freezer is packed with grown up food. I want ice cream. :) :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 29 Apr 2020, 21:16

Minnie the Minx wrote:Some guy without a shirt on just cycled past our house with a stereo system on the back pumping out Paul Simon’s ‘Graceland’

I hope you shot the fucker.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Apr 2020, 21:23

Even better - I wagged my finger at him through the window!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Apr 2020, 22:01

Two nights ago while lying in bed with a WNW wind blowing in my bedroom window I noticed I could smell Dixon (a small town west of me). Not the town itself though but the fields surrounding the town. When I would drive home from San Francisco after a night of music I could always tell whe I approached the Dixon area. It's a small town on I-80 surrounded by fields of busy farmland so it always smells like vegetation which I always thought of as a nondescript smell until it entered my bedroom window the other night. It must be the cleaner air due to decreased traffic as I can't remember smelling Dixon unless I was actually there.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 30 Apr 2020, 15:30

Among other things, I am getting really tired of all these conference calls. I am NOT a phone guy.

:x
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 May 2020, 17:05

I went into my office today to print out some stuff to work from home next week. I had forgotten that I tidied it the last time I was in it - March 13th - and it looked pretty great. I had a swivel round on my chair and as nice as it is being at home and staring at the squirrels and birds outside, I absolutely can't wait to get back.

On some of these mornings, I have been heading to a local wildlife preserve at sunrise. There is literally not a soul around, and the landscape is varied- from craggy small paths to open field and cactus, sloping into creeks. I've been walking for a couple of hours listening to all the cardinals waking up and watching the deer tiptoe about. There's not much that makes me happier. It's been a sanity saver, that's for sure.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 03 May 2020, 18:41

Minnie the Minx wrote: On some of these mornings, I have been heading to a local wildlife preserve at sunrise. There is literally not a soul around, and the landscape is varied- from craggy small paths to open field and cactus, sloping into creeks. I've been walking for a couple of hours listening to all the cardinals waking up and watching the deer tiptoe about. There's not much that makes me happier. It's been a sanity saver, that's for sure.

That just sounds awesome.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Flower

Postby Flower » 04 May 2020, 11:32

I rec'd an email from someone in NZ who is helping a 95 year old man find his family. At first, they thought that my grandfather was involved but he wasn't .. :lol: I did grant the guy access to my family tree and am helping them to find answers. Fingers crossed as there isn't that much time.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 May 2020, 16:43

This morning I got an email from my vet which began - in the way that all emails begin these days - with "in these trying times.."
After I'd rolled my eyes I could see that they suggested ways to improve the relationship with my cats and I whilst in lockdown. They wanted me to seek different ways to entertain them, stimulate them, care for them. Are they fucking kidding? I chuck thousands of dollars at these cats and now they want me to build them a fucking Maypole and do face painting on them?
Fuck off.

Dr Markus wrote:

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 08 May 2020, 16:44

So should I stop working on the kitty maypole you've been nagging me about finishing?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 May 2020, 16:48

Dr. Baron wrote:So should I stop working on the kitty maypole you've been nagging me about finishing?

Ssssshhh

:oops:

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 May 2020, 16:51

If you do decide to do face painting with them, we will need video of that.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 May 2020, 17:42

Minnie the Minx wrote:This morning I got an email from my vet which began - in the way that all emails begin these days - with "in these trying times.."
After I'd rolled my eyes I could see that they suggested ways to improve the relationship with my cats and I whilst in lockdown. They wanted me to seek different ways to entertain them, stimulate them, care for them. Are they fucking kidding? I chuck thousands of dollars at these cats and now they want me to build them a fucking Maypole and do face painting on them?
Fuck off.

My Phoebe just waits for me to get up and start working. She gets fed and immediately jumps into my spot in the bed (where she is now). She stays there, sleeping and shedding, until about 3pm when she will get hungry again. My friends and I refer to her as "ma grosse cochonne*", with good reason.

* If you're not familiar with French, "grosse cochonne" basically translates to "fat sow" :lol:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 May 2020, 17:47

souphound wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:This morning I got an email from my vet which began - in the way that all emails begin these days - with "in these trying times.."
Fuck off.

My Phoebe just waits for me to get up and start working. She gets fed and immediately jumps into my spot in the bed (where she is now). She stays there, sleeping and shedding, until about 3pm when she will get hungry again. My friends and I refer to her as "ma grosse cochonne*", with good reason.

* If you're not familiar with French, "grosse cochonne" basically translates to "fat sow" :lol:

Hang on.... Baron has been calling me that for years!!!!

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 08 May 2020, 17:48

Minnie the Minx wrote:
souphound wrote:
Fuck off.

Hang on.... Baron has been calling me that for years!!!!

I sincerely doubt that. Not to your face anyway. :? :lol:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 May 2020, 12:47

So I'm out for a walk today and feeling a little thirsty I spy a drink vending machine. The vegetable drink I want costs 100 yen (one coin) and looking in my wallet change pocket I only have a 50 yen coin, so I slip a 1000 yen note into the bill slot. The bill is swallowed and I push my selection. My drink falls and right after coins start dropping into the change slot. And it seemed like an unusually large amount coins were dropping. Plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, I imagined that I had hit some kind of broken machine jackpot. But the plopping stopped and when I scooped out the handful of coins I saw there were an unusually large amount of 10 yen coins. Okay, that explains a lot. The machine ran out of larger denomination coins and gave me a bunch of 10 yenners. But what was weirder was that each of these 10 yen coins were defaced with Japanese writing written with a felt tip pen. There were ten 10 yen coins and each one was defaced. Pocketing the coins I later on showed them to some family and friends and one kid started to blush and another didn't want to say what was written. There were dirty words written on each coin. A different word on each coin. Some on both sides. Graffiti 2020!
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 May 2020, 18:32

We just ordered a wok from San Francisco which is surely the most middle class thing we’ve done today!

Dr Markus wrote:

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 18 May 2020, 19:34

Minnie the Minx wrote:We just ordered a wok from San Francisco which is surely the most middle class thing we’ve done today!

Is that the bear thing from star wars?

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 18 May 2020, 19:39

At school today the three kids in my class were all a bit anxious, so all three of them were pacing around the classroom. They are aware of each other but don't interact much so it was like watching one of those police formation motorbike acts from the seventies.

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 May 2020, 13:14

Jimbo wrote:So I'm out for a walk today and feeling a little thirsty I spy a drink vending machine. The vegetable drink I want costs 100 yen (one coin) and looking in my wallet change pocket I only have a 50 yen coin, so I slip a 1000 yen note into the bill slot. The bill is swallowed and I push my selection. My drink falls and right after coins start dropping into the change slot. And it seemed like an unusually large amount coins were dropping. Plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, I imagined that I had hit some kind of broken machine jackpot. But the plopping stopped and when I scooped out the handful of coins I saw there were an unusually large amount of 10 yen coins. Okay, that explains a lot. The machine ran out of larger denomination coins and gave me a bunch of 10 yenners. But what was weirder was that each of these 10 yen coins were defaced with Japanese writing written with a felt tip pen. There were ten 10 yen coins and each one was defaced. Pocketing the coins I later on showed them to some family and friends and one kid started to blush and another didn't want to say what was written. There were dirty words written on each coin. A different word on each coin. Some on both sides. Graffiti 2020!

Is this drinks machine in a tourist area? If so, it might just be some juveniles playing a joke on gaijins. Perhaps, they think that the tourists will go home thinking that they have "lucky" coins and imagine the shocked look on the faces of those who translate. :lol: