MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 18 Dec 2019, 22:30

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I’m meeting a friend at Whole Foods for drinks for which I deserve to be ridiculed. They gave me a glass of wine that had a hole IN THE SIDE and it all spilled into my lap so we are onto a good start.

I've seen those in practical joke shops. They call them dribble glasses. They're a riot, eh? :D

What a weird place to have a drink. It really is.
And people ringing up their shopping at the bar! Shitheads.

I hope it was white and not a red.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Dec 2019, 14:14

You know me! Of course it was :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Dec 2019, 17:06

Last night at Karaoke I decided to do only one song and chose I Drove All Night by Roy Orbison. Some might know it by Cindy Lauper as she released it first but it was written for Roy although his version was released posthumously. It has some really long notes in places and a few notes at the top of my range but I pulled it off. I've been working on my breathing on that song at home as it is critical to getting it right and it all worked out.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 19 Dec 2019, 19:09

Term has finished, thank goodness. It has been amazing,and amazingly hard. But two weeks off now! (Or at least not in front of the students. I will still probably do 40 hours of work, so really only one week off.)

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Dec 2019, 21:56

It was interesting hearing about twenty women singing My Hump together at top volume at karaoke last night. :lol:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Flower

Postby Flower » 20 Dec 2019, 12:52

Along with millions of other people, I shall be braving a mall today.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Dec 2019, 16:45

I went to a jam session at a local tavern but they announced they'd be doing some Christmas songs and after the fourth one in a row I had to bail. :evil:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Dec 2019, 21:38

Had my last haircut from my barberof 33 years. That's slightly more than half of my entire life. He's off to a better life in Mendocino soonish. His house here sold in two days which made the process of buying the house in Mendo a lot easier. We get up that way regularly so it won't be the last time I see him but still a bit melancholy over the whole thing.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Dec 2019, 04:54

Since my bicycle accident and subsequent hip surgery last March I now walk with a cane and with that cane I now get to sit in the six-per-car "silver seats" on the train. Yesterday, I and at the same time an elderly couple get on the train and happily there are three available silver seats. There was no problem until in a few minutes when we come to the next station where a seriously elderly lady got on. I bolt up to give my seat and the guy who got on with me gets up as well but the old lady waves us off and goes off to find a seat in the gen-pop area. But it goes to show who is the neediest, who is the oldest, who is handicapped and who is simply bothered. It was an interesting moment is all I'm saying here.
Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Dec 2019, 05:22

The bier cafe I frequent had four vintages of the St. Bernardus Christmas ale (2016-2019) on tap. I limited myself to one glass of the 2017. It could have been worse but my companion is not much of a drinker so I didn't see any point. Might have to go back and drink the rest of them. :o
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 21 Dec 2019, 10:35

I’ve been feeling unwell for the last couple of months and eventually ended up going to see the doctor. After a series of tests it turns out I have a vitamin B12 deficiency so I’m going to be getting a series of injections to load me up with B12. Just relieved it is nothing more serious.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Dec 2019, 14:32

We stopped at a random truckers outpost while travelling yesterday and there were two bubbling cauldrons of boiled peanuts which I’m told are a Georgian thing. They looked ghastly, but I sort of wish I had had one just for the experience.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Dec 2019, 15:55

We’re uncrossing our fingers today following a seemingly successful surgery on a family member - we’ve had a few weeks of wondering if we were going to be attending a funeral over Christmas and I finally think we’re not. I’m reminded always what a wonderful thing the NHS is.

Dr Markus wrote:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Dec 2019, 16:13

Minnie the Minx wrote:We stopped at a random truckers outpost while travelling yesterday and there were two bubbling cauldrons of boiled peanuts which I’m told are a Georgian thing. They looked ghastly, but I sort of wish I had had one just for the experience.

They are inexplicably delicious. Just make sure you get them fresh.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Dec 2019, 16:31

Hugh wrote:I’ve been feeling unwell for the last couple of months and eventually ended up going to see the doctor. After a series of tests it turns out I have a vitamin B12 deficiency so I’m going to be getting a series of injections to load me up with B12. Just relieved it is nothing more serious.

Glad you're feeling better. At least it was an easy fix. Are they testing you to see if you have a B12 absorption issue or just giving you B12 injections going forward? I used to do a test where we gave patients B12 labeled to Co57 and Co58 and they would have to collect all their urine in a jug over a 24hr period and bring it back to us and we would measure samples of their urine in a well counter to see how mich of the two cobalts were in the urine to determine their absorption rate.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 22 Dec 2019, 02:30

Apparently, the absorption test was part of the blood tests they did but they are still awaiting the result of that so they are going ahead with the injections anyway.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Dec 2019, 06:04

Hugh wrote:Apparently, the absorption test was part of the blood tests they did but they are still awaiting the result of that so they are going ahead with the injections anyway.

Well it's a safe remedy and if it wasn't the solution it wouldn't hurt you.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 22 Dec 2019, 16:58

There's an outdoor Nativity play and carol singing going on in the back garden of the rectory across the road and they've got an illuminated adult Archangel Gabriel stuck halfway up a London plane tree.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Dec 2019, 01:55

We lost power for about half an hour this afternoon. Luckily, nothing was in the oven and our clocks are easy to reset. I reset my neighbor's clocks and had a nice visit.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Dec 2019, 04:08

I dj'd for few hours at the cider tasting room I frequent. A mix of jazz and roots music with a few hip Chrsitmas covers to please the plebes.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”