MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Nov 2019, 14:01

Minnie the Minx wrote:I can imagine. Maybe you should open a new local!

Ugh. Too much work, and I'd probably drink any profits.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Nov 2019, 16:19

I've got twenty employees and EIGHT campaigns at the moment.
It's a big secret but I might have a promotion coming, too, so go me.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Nov 2019, 16:30

Right on, Count!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Nov 2019, 16:34

Thanks, Charlie!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Nov 2019, 16:46

Great news, Count!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Nov 2019, 18:33

Count Machuki wrote:I've got twenty employees and EIGHT campaigns at the moment.
It's a big secret but I might have a promotion coming, too, so go me.

Conductor?

Good stuff, Count!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Nov 2019, 19:04

Last night at karaoke I sang Brand New Cadillac (Clash version), Live With Me (Stones) and Concrete Jungle (Marley).

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Nov 2019, 20:20

I watched this and applauded at the end.

... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Nov 2019, 20:50

I had a pretty classic hand wringing do-gooder moment the other weekend. I had taken all my tote bags to the supermarket - no plastic for me! I had put all the loose fruit and vegetables in piles (not in plastic bags - no plastic for me!) on the checkout and a large family were behind me. I had put all of my hippy cloth bags at the end so the packer could use them. I felt someone sneak in past me and then to my horror looked up to see a young girl, about 14, packing all my shopping into plastic bags. I was about to put up my hand and say "NO, STOP" when I looked a bit closer and saw that this girl had some developmental problems and was grinning at me as she helped, cheerfully shoving two bananas in one plastic bag, three potatoes in another. I turned to my left and saw the family all smiling and nodding at me, as if to say "isn't she a darling," and I couldn't even say "no, that's ok, I have HIPPY bags" as the family were not English speaking. What to do? I'll tell you what I was NOT going to do - and that's pull all the fruit out of a plastic bag and put it under this girl's nose and say "do you want a turtle to choke on this?" so I just let her pack all my shit into bags and then I paid with a smile and left, and she waved at me as I was leaving. I waved back.

Then I got home and shouted at all the bags as I emptied them.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Nov 2019, 21:32

Minnie the Minx wrote:Then I got home and shouted at all the bags as I emptied them.

And now you've probably ruined their whole day. It wasn't their fault!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Nov 2019, 22:50

harvey k-tel wrote:Conductor?

Think I can get the violas to skank on 2 & 4?

Thanks, y'all

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Nov 2019, 12:04

I have to randomly pick up smooth Jif peanut butter, coffee, paper towels and compostable bags.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Nov 2019, 19:17

Randomly?

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Nov 2019, 19:25

Charlie O. wrote:Randomly?

Without a plan of action. I normally plot out my shopping and my shopping cart is very neat. Long ago, a friend went to the supermarket with me and called me a "Stepford Wife" .. :)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 24 Nov 2019, 00:17

That’s wonderful!
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Nov 2019, 19:18

The farmer's market was bursting with choice today. Mandarn oranges, cinnamon persimmons, white pomegranates and looking out of place, strawberries from Santa Cruz. I picked up some golden beets and some scarlet red turnips to roast later this week. There were still tomatoes at the market as well but probably the last week for them.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Nov 2019, 19:56

Had a very weird experience at the Rufus Wainwright show in Austin last night. We were sat in the orchestra seats, with me right next to the aisle. To my left and two rows further down was this guy - I would say in his late sixties early seventies - and a woman about the same age. They both looked fairly standard show attenders, sort of wearing smart casual (him, turtleneck and cowboy boots her, grey bob and shoulder shawl, you know). The support band came on - they were really good actually - and I was watching these two as the man kept lifting up his finger to summon an usher. Whenever the usher went over, he would talk to them in their ear while pointing at various people in the orchestra pit - after every one of these conversations, the usher would go over to whoever he pointed at and tell them to stop filming/taking photos. The tickets had said strictly no photos and filming but the fucking hell did it have to do with him? People were filming without their phones being lit up so it wasn't distracting - this happened SIX times during their 35 minute set. Six! And it wasn't even as if whenever it happened, he turned to his lady friend and said "people eh" - he just kept staring forward at the stage as if he had ordered an execution but was now just going to have a snifter of port while it all went down.

I was fascinated by the dynamics of whatever was going on and just before the end of the first set, he summoned another usher to tell the people two rows behind him to be quiet (which is fair enough - but I was astonished that he didn't try telling them himself first, which seems the more friendly approach. Still, I had worked out his MO by this point so I wasn't terribly surprised.

But the really, really bizarre thing was this. When Rufus came on, there was a woman sat in front of this guy who was filming and taking photos almost throughout his whole set. I worked out that he probably couldn't see this as her body shielded it. However, Rufus then left the piano and went to play guitar so she changed her angle. What followed was extraordinary. You know in spy films or whatever when you see someone creeping up on someone with weapon in their hand and they say "don't move" or "drop it"or something. Well, this guy leaned forward and just whispered in this woman's ear and without looking down or round she just dropped her phone in her lap and folded her hands neatly across her lap. He leaned back and didn't move for the rest of the show except when he stood to applaud. What the hell did he say to her?? What could possibly be in his arsenal to shit her up so badly?

It was freaky as fuck!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Nov 2019, 19:59

Six String wrote:The farmer's market was bursting with choice today. Mandarn oranges, cinnamon persimmons, white pomegranates and looking out of place, strawberries from Santa Cruz. I picked up some golden beets and some scarlet red turnips to roast later this week. There were still tomatoes at the market as well but probably the last week for them.

Mmmm roast beets.

I’ve just finished batch cooking. I was going to try and be productive but today’s weather is beyond sensational. We’re going to sit in the backyard shortly and write the day off with some booze.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Nov 2019, 23:42

R and I are going to hear David Hidalgo (Los Lobos) perform with two of his sons at a local venue tonight. Apparently David Jr. plays drums in Social Distortion and his other son plays bass so I'm not sure if it's going to be a power trio scene or more eclectic. I'm hoping for the latter for R's sake.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Nov 2019, 01:36

Our neighbour’s peacock lost its mate the other day and is now wailing and crying all hours of the day and night. It’s breaking my heart! :(

Dr Markus wrote: