MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16848
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 13 Nov 2019, 20:46

Flower wrote: I like your wife.


I like her, too. She's always been a straight shooter, a very hard worker and funny as hell. She converted to Judaism and had a title for her autobiography long before she ever wrote a word - which she still never has but might someday. The title is "Oy Vey My Life." I really don't know if she would like me talking about her, quoting her as I am doing but she is so damned interesting and funny. WTF, you're all strangers, we'll never really meet, besides, to you all, what I am writing might just as well be fiction. And me, I'm just a shlub, a degenerate wanker, happy to have won the human on earth lottery, blessed with a great wife and a dumb kid - a really dumb kid. The creative writing teacher always said to write about shit you know. After 67 years I am fairly close to knowing myself and I may know my wife and kid even better than myself. They'd disagree but, yeah, I know them pretty well, too. As she says more interesting things I may log them here because I am not note taker guy. Peace and fart bubbles.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30800
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Nov 2019, 21:20

I was searching for something to do with my mother online earlier and I entered her name in a way I hadn't phrased it before - a result came up of her name in a 1950 Estonian newspaper, the whole page available, where she asks for information to find her missing family lost somewhere in the diaspora. Truly mind bending that these things can be found on the internet.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30800
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Nov 2019, 21:40

On an unrelated note, the whistles in ‘Let ‘Em In’ just brought me half to tears!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6432
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 13 Nov 2019, 22:11

Jimbo wrote:
Flower wrote: I like your wife.


I like her, too. She's always been a straight shooter, a very hard worker and funny as hell. She converted to Judaism and had a title for her autobiography long before she ever wrote a word - which she still never has but might someday. The title is "Oy Vey My Life." I really don't know if she would like me talking about her, quoting her as I am doing but she is so damned interesting and funny. WTF, you're all strangers, we'll never really meet, besides, to you all, what I am writing might just as well be fiction. And me, I'm just a shlub, a degenerate wanker, happy to have won the human on earth lottery, blessed with a great wife and a dumb kid - a really dumb kid. The creative writing teacher always said to write about shit you know. After 67 years I am fairly close to knowing myself and I may know my wife and kid even better than myself. They'd disagree but, yeah, I know them pretty well, too. As she says more interesting things I may log them here because I am not note taker guy. Peace and fart bubbles.


Never say never. You also don't know if you'll meet any of us at some point in time. Who knows? Maybe you went to Camp Moonbeam too?

Very personal question .. Is your kid really dumb because he's a dem? Kidding ... :D

Peace and grepts to you.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16848
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 14 Nov 2019, 11:08

So I'm sitting here and the phone rings. It's my wife. She was supposed to go to the skin doctor and afterwards visit her friend the "dog lady" who lives nearby. We call her that because she likes dogs and I can't remember peoples' names without some mnemonic device. Anyway, the phone rings and my wife tells me she was done with the doctor and on her way and nearly at the her friend's house when my wife get a text from her friend saying her mother had died just a few moments ago and they will need to have their get-together another time. "Can you believe it?" my wife says and laughs, cackles actually. "Like voodoo," she jokes. I, of course, told her that laughing at such a time was inappropriate but what can I do? One person's tragedy is my wife's comedy, I guess. She will have a good laugh at my funeral I'm sure.

PS The dog lady's mother was 105.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Six String
Posts: 20523
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 14 Nov 2019, 17:04

Last night a friend and I sang June and Johnny's Jackson at karaoke. Ring Of Fire could be next.

Six String
Posts: 20523
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 15 Nov 2019, 19:58

Big life change coming for me. My barber is moving to Mendocino by the end of the year. He's been cutting my hair since 1986 and the only person to cut my hair since movng here in the fall of '85. It was going to happen sooner or later as he is two years younger than me but it's going to be weird.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16848
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jimbo » 16 Nov 2019, 04:05

Out for a stroll with my wife and we end up at Denny's for their fabulous french toast and endless coffee bar. By coincidence I spot my best friend, John, and he's up and headed to the men's room. So I get up and go to hassle him while he's ... busy. Inside is one urinal and one toilet box and John's in there. So I stand before the urinal and start singing "Where The Boys Are." John knows right away its me and starts in on what a beautiful voice I have and from there on it's one gay joke after another. Dear Flower, on a scale of 1 - 10, how inappropriate was that?
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6432
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 16 Nov 2019, 12:09

Jimbo wrote: Dear Flower, on a scale of 1 - 10, how inappropriate was that?


Dear Jimmy .. you are mixing me up with someone else but .. it's perfectly fine to take a stroll with your wife. I haven't been to a Denny's in years and didn't know that they had coffee bars .. Thanks for the update.

All that being said .. How did you know that I loved "Where The Boys Are"? Is the movie big in Japan. Was there a reboot? I just found out this morning that there was a "Benji" reboot last year. ;)
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 40590
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 17 Nov 2019, 02:54

In the mail today there was an envelope appearing to contain a greeting card of some sort (I didn't open it), hand-addressed to my paternal grandmother... who died more than a quarter-century ago and who never lived at this address. (On closer inspection, I found it came from the American Cancer Society.)
Image

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6432
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 17 Nov 2019, 11:42

I'll send out more flyers this week in hopes of finding our missing cat. I saw a cartoon on a lost and found cat's fb page that had me in tears on Thursday night .. I couldn't stop crying. I miss her soo much.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30800
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Nov 2019, 14:28

My US passport has arrived. The picture is ghastly. I look like I’m chained to a radiator awaiting rescue.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6432
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 18 Nov 2019, 11:37

Both the New Orleans Saints and the New York Jets won ... :D

Both won with a score of 34 - 17 .... I only follow the Saints, Jets and Giants. The Giants had a bye last week.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6432
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 18 Nov 2019, 22:35

I know that I shouldn't but do so from time to time.

It seems that on that other place, they think that I'm getting "excited" by the image association thread ... :lol: :lol:

Well, there is the old adage .. A kitten a day, will keep the monsters away.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6432
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Flower » 19 Nov 2019, 12:39

I just looked out the back and one of my neighbor's cats is nibbling/enjoying the cat mint. I cut most and am drying it out but love it that our neighborhood cats are still enjoying the mint, even with a bit of snow on the ground.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30800
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Nov 2019, 14:34

Our ‘local’, where I go with my pal, now recognises us as regulars and they have our drinks poured before we have even sat down which feels nice. As of last night, they have started piling our snack plates incredibly high- and if you are wondering what the answer to the question ‘can you eat too much deep fried yucca’ is, it’s ‘yes.’
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40579
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Nov 2019, 15:17

Minnie the Minx wrote:Our ‘local’, where I go with my pal, now recognises us as regulars and they have our drinks poured before we have even sat down which feels nice. As of last night, they have started piling our snack plates incredibly high- and if you are wondering what the answer to the question ‘can you eat too much deep fried yucca’ is, it’s ‘yes.’


:cry:

*sniff*

That's lovely (apart from the too much yucca bit).

I miss my local.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30800
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Nov 2019, 16:04

I can imagine. Maybe you should open a new local!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 9466
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Polishgirl » 20 Nov 2019, 23:20

Minnie the Minx wrote:I was searching for something to do with my mother online earlier and I entered her name in a way I hadn't phrased it before - a result came up of her name in a 1950 Estonian newspaper, the whole page available, where she asks for information to find her missing family lost somewhere in the diaspora. Truly mind bending that these things can be found on the internet.


Do you know if she did manage to trace any family members?
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30800
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Nov 2019, 23:59

Polishgirl wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I was searching for something to do with my mother online earlier and I entered her name in a way I hadn't phrased it before - a result came up of her name in a 1950 Estonian newspaper, the whole page available, where she asks for information to find her missing family lost somewhere in the diaspora. Truly mind bending that these things can be found on the internet.


Do you know if she did manage to trace any family members?


She did - both the family members she asked about had fled to Philadelphia, and in the 1980s she and I went out to visit them - my first ever visit to the States.

While we were there, I played too vigorously on their lounge swing chair and brought half the plasterwork down on Christmas Eve. They were thrilled.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?