MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2019, 14:50

After five days at my mom's in Waco with no internet coverage thanks to a failing by Sprint to provide coverage through my portable wifi we have arrived in Austin at Minnie and the Baron's castle with full coverage again. Tomorrow we do the big U-turn and head back towards California with a long drive to far West Texas so we can drop down into Big Bend National Park. The stars should be amazing there.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Oct 2019, 15:46

The BCB Austin picking circle is in FULL EFFECT!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2019, 21:09

Minnie the Minx wrote:The BCB Austin picking circle is in FULL EFFECT!

We would have killed at the ACL (Austin City Limits) Fest!

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Oct 2019, 21:13

We had a fantastic breakfast at Kirby Lanes this morning, made the obligatory stop at Waterloo (Doug Sahm, Jim Lauderdale and Jimmy Vaughn) and then explored the botanical garden at Barton Springs. Perfect weather for the walk.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Oct 2019, 21:40

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:The BCB Austin picking circle is in FULL EFFECT!

We would have killed at the ACL (Austin City Limits) Fest!

:D

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 11:24

I promised my neighbor that I would go with her to her cancer treatment this morning. This backs up my day, work and all else but what can you do? Now, she''s complaining that she's bored. I tell her that if can read (she can barely use a computer and doesn't want one at home) you'll never be bored but she tells me that "she doesn't read books" ... So anyone who knows me, knows that remarks like this ... just drive me insane.

I'm beginning to believe that her meds are also making her "off" in some ways. Yesterday, she insisted that our home, my husband bought it from blueprints and was the one to buy in this development) was the model home and she picked out her colors while sitting in our house. Not true. I wonder if she's in the early stages of dementia and if I should say something to her kids and/or doctor?

Oh well .. no good deed goes unpunished.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Oct 2019, 12:27

I hope between her cancer treatments and deteriorating cognitive state she has time to reflect on how she’s messed up your day!

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 12:38

Minnie the Minx wrote:I hope between her cancer treatments and deteriorating cognitive state she has time to reflect on how she’s messed up your day!

That's not my point, I was explaining and not complaining .. but .. sorry if it was unclear to you. I feel for this woman or i won't help BUT sometimes it gets overwhelming for the carer .. this woman has two grown children with families who don't do much, if anything for her.

Just some random stuff about my day.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Oct 2019, 12:47

Are you high ?
soundchaser wrote: The actual song was pretty good, if you overlook the singing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 12:56

No .. Are you?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Oct 2019, 12:56

No.

I did wonder as you seem to have a colourful outlook on life.
Last edited by Samoan on 23 Oct 2019, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
soundchaser wrote: The actual song was pretty good, if you overlook the singing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 13:09

Samoan wrote:No.

Your respond bewilders me .. but then again, as do your many snipes at me.

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with me. Enjoy your snipes, I don't have the time.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Oct 2019, 13:15

Flower wrote:
Samoan wrote:No.

Your respond bewilders me .. but then again, as do your many snipes at me.

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with me. Enjoy your snipes, I don't have the time.

If you perceive anyone to be sniping, that's entirely your prerogative.

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Oct 2019, 23:35

We left Austin this mornng after two relaxing days with Minnie and the Baron and have arrived in Fort Stockton, TX. I thought Abilene was a wasteland and it is but FS has redefined the word. Having said that we really enjoyed driving between Austin and beyond Fredricksburg as the Baron mentioned. We saw signs for several microbreweries and a few distilleries including a rum producer. :o There were so many winery signs on the road that we slowed down a bit to be able to read the names of the establishments. Beautiful rolling hills everywhere and Fredricksburg looked like a very charming fown. I wish it had been further from Austin as we didn't want to stop after only driving an hour of a 340 mile day. There's a statue of a large roadrunner in the "historic" part of Fort Stockton we will try to visit before we leave.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 23 Oct 2019, 23:44

You could always pop down the road to Fort Davis, which might have a thing or two going for it!

Primarily, the Hotel Limpia’s courtyard, methinks.

https://www.hotellimpia.com/

(full disclosure: I’ve never been)
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Oct 2019, 03:22

Full disclosure: we have recalibrated our opinion on Fort Stockton. After dinner we got our picture with the giant roadrunner near downtown and then went downtown. It was grim to the brim besides this couple driving by the roadrunner on an orange Harley Davidson. What wasn't abandoned looked sadly under valued. It might as well have been a ghost town. Then, we heard some music emanating from a bar. We circled around and my ears confirmed it was a live band, on a Wednesday night mind you. We parked, I grabbed my cowboy hat and we entered the establishment which was featuring The Buzzards from Sanderson. The couple on the orange Harley went by. Are we in a Jim Jarmusch movie? They were servng local wines so when in Rome......unfortunately the band was finishing up so we only heard two songs but that was enough for us to put on our dancng shoes and boogey. They played Johnny's Folsom Prison Blues and Merle's Working Man Blues to finish out the night. We met a local couple and Ray grew up in Terlinggua, our next stop. He warned us it had become gentrified and told us about the graveyard which has some of his relatives is now featured on a t-shirt. Apparently the Starlight Theatre where I'm hoping to play tomorrow used to be the general store back in the day.

Driving around town really did feel like a movie setting for a noir film but we found life in a little bar on the corner and we lived to tell about it.

Sorry for the long post. It was too weird to edit anything out.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Oct 2019, 04:10

Not long at all, that was great!

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 24 Oct 2019, 10:26

I'm sure I saw a trailer for a "reality show" on C4 or C5 where UK contestants are sent abroad and have to illegally smuggle themselves back into the UK again.
Highly tasteless but even more so in light of recent events.
However I can't see any trace of it now so I guess it's been pulled from the entire network.

Unless I dreamt the whole thing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 Oct 2019, 13:33

Starting to rain ...

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Oct 2019, 14:48

It was lovely having Mr and Mrs Six String as house guests. They have been here in the very small window of stunning Texas weather, and it's been glorious having the windows down and letting the air in. Appropriately enough, it's felt like California. Hope this keeps up.

Dr Markus wrote: