MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Aug 2019, 13:55

I cycled to work today and caught the sunrise. It was astonishing. Like a fuzzy pink blanket on the land.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 14 Aug 2019, 14:10

Soaking in the hot bath (41 degrees) at my gym is an important part of healing my leg. I go every day. Tonight, however, the bath water was tepid (35 degrees). Pissed off I made a mental note to complain at the front desk. On my way out I told a clerk and he apologized and said they'd look into the matter right away. I asked if anyone else complained. Knowing the Japanese character I was pretty sure no one had and sure as shit I was the first complainer. :x
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 17 Aug 2019, 22:54

Dun with the cracklin'. Lost another chip off a molar today. Cola and cigarette smoke really make your teeth brittle. And then my fridge broke down. And on a Saturday night! Oh well, there must be billions who live without a fridge, so can I, for now...
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Six String

Postby Six String » 19 Aug 2019, 17:36

In a NYT article on hiccups, one of the ways listed to treat it is a digital rectal massage. :o

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 19 Aug 2019, 17:58

Six String wrote:In a NYT article on hiccups, one of the ways listed to treat it is a digital rectal massage. :o

Does it work?

I imagine you are more of an analogue rectal massage guy, anyway.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Aug 2019, 19:09

huh-huh - he said analogue

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Aug 2019, 21:38

My guitar playing continues to be revived by more playing with friends and working on songs at home to present to the group. I was a bit worried when I found my left hand tightening up earlier this year when I played guitar at home due to me playing very infrequently. So I'm happy that devoting time again to my playing has made that issue go away. I've also been focusing on my singing as well which has been a weak point in my performing. This is what retirement is about, right? Doing what makes one happy. :D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Aug 2019, 20:01

My sister got in touch today to say she’s getting married. She told me her fella asked my Dad, to which he was told ‘I don’t give a fuck what she does as long as I don’t pay for it. You can’t be any worse than the last twat she was with.’
I don’t know what response he was expecting, but I could have told him that was how it was going to go down!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2019, 21:49

Minnie the Minx wrote:‘I don’t give a fuck what she does as long as I don’t pay for it. You can’t be any worse than the last twat she was with.’

:lol:
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 31 Aug 2019, 19:49

Considering leaving the Gong fanpage I follow on Facebook after someone posted enquiring whether any other members had ever had contact with extra-terrestrials.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 31 Aug 2019, 20:14

Belle Lettre wrote:Considering leaving the Gong fanpage I follow on Facebook after someone posted enquiring whether any other members had ever had contact with extra-terrestrials.

Let’s drop the false shock and outrage, Belle!
IT’S A GONG FAN PAGE ..:
It’s incredible it is only just now happening!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 31 Aug 2019, 20:33

:D
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Sep 2019, 04:51

The drum circle was epic tonight. We had about a dozen people participate including dancers and a guy who improvised lyrics in Spanish over our Afro-Cuban rhythms. It is everything I've wanted from this experience since we started in April. It only took five months to reach the objective. :? The pop up restaurant made various versions of empenadas. I was in heaven.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 06 Sep 2019, 20:06

I have had two more or less perfect days at work.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Sep 2019, 03:41

Positive Passion wrote:I have had two more or less perfect days at work.

How come?

Dr Markus wrote:

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 07 Sep 2019, 16:47

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:I have had two more or less perfect days at work.

How come?

Thanks for asking!
We had the pupils in for the new term. A few of my pupils can be very dysregulated, particularly when things are unfamiliar. But we (I, the teacher, together ithmy 4 teaching assistants) had thought carefully about how we would approach the new term. And most of our strategies worked beyond our dreams. The pupils really had two great days.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Sep 2019, 16:29

Excellent!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Sep 2019, 05:08

I got to play a steel drum at the drum circle tonight at the cider tasting room. I think it's only the second time I've ever had the opportunity. It was a lot of fun. The McIntosh cider on tap now is really excellent too. It's had some time in barrel which gives it some added depth.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Sep 2019, 14:09

I was flying into NY yesterday in the morning and at the exact time the first plane hit, our flight attendant got the microphone and started singing ‘Our Country Tis of Thee’ and it was astonishingly moving.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Sep 2019, 17:50

There’s a guy in this airport who has Charge of the Light Brigade as his ring tone. He’s having lots of calls, which he is slow to answer. There may be a massacre.

Dr Markus wrote: