MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 26 May 2019, 20:01

I was talking to one of my favorite growers at the market today about the hail damage he sustained last week. He grows stone fruits, citrus, apples, cherries, blueberries and pears and it is some of the best that vomes out of the foothills just east of town.
He said he had one of his largest crops ever and in twenty minutes most of it was damaged. People won't buy "ugly" fruit so he's not sure what he's going to do. :(

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 May 2019, 22:49

Six String wrote:I was talking to one of my favorite growers at the market today about the hail damage he sustained last week. He grows stone fruits, citrus, apples, cherries, blueberries and pears and it is some of the best that vomes out of the foothills just east of town.
He said he had one of his largest crops ever and in twenty minutes most of it was damaged. People won't buy "ugly" fruit so he's not sure what he's going to do. :(

If it were me, and depending on the scale of his operations, I would juice and freeze, or cook down and preserve, depending on the fruit. But I'm a one or two trees of each kind of guy.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 May 2019, 16:52

The husband is working for a bit today and I'm in the back garden trying to tidy everything that has been neglected for ages. I can't believe the many species of things that are living in the greenhouse. I've tried to clean around them, and relocate them, but there are spiders, snails and pillbugs everywhere. I've shoved my hands in the nine month old compost which finally smells like compost and not the bottom of the kitchen bin. I need to try and decant it into another bin so that we can start a new compost bin. We churn out more vegetable detritus than most.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 May 2019, 17:23

Rayge wrote:
Six String wrote:I was talking to one of my favorite growers at the market today about the hail damage he sustained last week. He grows stone fruits, citrus, apples, cherries, blueberries and pears and it is some of the best that vomes out of the foothills just east of town.

If it were me, and depending on the scale of his operations, I would juice and freeze, or cook down and preserve, depending on the fruit. But I'm a one or two trees of each kind of guy.

I'm sure those are options for him but the price for that will be much less than the fresh fruit and he has large orchards based on the fact that he sells stone fruit all summer and into early fall. I didn't ask if it damaged his citrus crop which won't be ready until late November.

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 May 2019, 17:26

We had a good drum circle yesterday at the cider tasting room. We had three other participants besides me and the leader so we got some cool polyrhythms going in the Afro Cuban flavor which was pretty exciting.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 28 May 2019, 19:48

Just received word from home that Isabella (age 4) has somehow managed to remove the stylus from my record player and LOSE IT.
I'm irrationally furious.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 28 May 2019, 20:42

Count Machuki wrote:Just received word from home that Isabella (age 4) has somehow managed to remove the stylus from my record player and LOSE IT.

Imagine how she feels, having to listen to all that fucking fourth wave ska!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 28 May 2019, 21:30

Still Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Just received word from home that Isabella (age 4) has somehow managed to remove the stylus from my record player and LOSE IT.

:D
It was a mercy killing, for sure.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 May 2019, 12:25

Cycling to work this morning I crashed into one of the electric rent a scooters, beloved by tits that was abandoned. A pox upon them.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 May 2019, 12:26

Still Baron wrote:

Anyway Count, not irrational. Ground her till she’s 21!

Dr Markus wrote:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 29 May 2019, 14:23

Crisis averted, everybody! All she did was yank the arm off a record and make a huge noise. Her aunt thought the stylus was missing. Turntable still in good working order, Girl not grounded for life, Popeye in "A Whale of a Tail" 45 only slightly more damaged.

*whew*
Last edited by Count Machuki on 29 May 2019, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 29 May 2019, 14:24

never/ever wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

It was a mercy killing, for sure.

:x

Someday a REAL 4th wave is going to come along and wash away all you Philistines...

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 May 2019, 14:36

You need to get her her own (cheap) record player!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 29 May 2019, 14:41

Charlie O. wrote:You need to get her her own (cheap) record player!

You're right. I've got an old portable Numark joint I could give her but the needle is SO worn out and I'm not sure I can even replace it. She's still just freshly four years old, too...maybe this Christmas or next birthday.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Jun 2019, 14:37

I was in the gym this morning and I overheard a guy, post workout, talking to a woman, post workout. They were both by the water dispenser and I don’t think they had met before this morning.
‘Yeah’ he said, ‘I’ve lost like twenty pounds since I started coming here.’
‘Awesome’ she said
‘I also don’t party any more’ he added. ‘My body is my party now.’

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Jun 2019, 23:26

The passing of Dr. John caught me by surprise and has hot me harder than I expected for some reason. So I packed up all my albums by him and brought them down to my friend's cidery to play a tribute to the great man. I'm grateful to be able to do this at a drop of the hat as I could have done this at home but decided it would be more fun to share with others (whether they want to or not). R.I.P. Mac! We're not going to forget you anytime soon.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Jun 2019, 06:21

Six String wrote:The passing of Dr. John caught me by surprise and has hit me harder than I expected for some reason. So I packed up all my albums by him and brought them down to my friend's cidery to play a tribute to the great man. I'm grateful to be able to do this at a drop of the hat as I could have done this at home but decided it would be more fun to share with others (whether they want to or not). R.I.P. Mac! We're not going to forget you anytime soon.

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Jun 2019, 06:48

I just got home from a party I crashed accidently. I left the microbrewery (Track7) that is two blocks from my house and I heard a Mexican band playing which seemed to be coming from an auto shop nearby so I headed towards the sound and came upon a live band playing inside said shop. I stood just outside there for a while listening to the music and really digging it and suddenly someone approached me and asked me if I wanted a beer or some tequila. I answered in the positive and he invited me into the space and opened a Modelo and his friend made me a drink in a ceramic cup with a smokey pepper rim with tequila, OJ, Squirt (grapefruit soda) topped off with Sangria and a squeeze of lime. It turned out to be a birthday party for this person's friend. They were grilling meats for sandwiches which they fixed up for me. There were three or four different kinds of meat plus cheese and tasted great since I hadn't eaten dinner yet. People were dancing to the Rancheras and Cumbias the band was laying down. The music was fucking great, it was. The band fnished and then a Mariachi band started and they made me another one of those tequila drinks and I stayed until the band finished. I love those happy accidents that happen when one is willing to "go with the flow."

Friday night I danced to my friend's surfrock band, Saturday I was at a friend's art glass blowing demo which was a party of some magnitude but tonight was the best part of the entire weekend. Getting welcomed into a party of strangers and treated like an old friend is the best feeling. It really restores my faith in the human race.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Jun 2019, 21:03

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Jun 2019, 12:15

You lush, Les!
X

Dr Markus wrote: