MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 06 Mar 2019, 15:32

I heard that term growing up as well. The Brazil nut is Rebecca's favorite. Our local food co-op is the only place in town she can get them in bulk. In fact they aren't easy to find without being grouped with other nuts. I like Macadamia nuts but a little goes a long way due to the large amount of oil in them. My favorite is pecans though I enjoy all the nuts including the legumes rhat masquerade as nuts. Pecans from my mom's tree are the best I've ever had.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 07 Mar 2019, 08:49

These traditional Swedish cakes are nowadays called chocolate balls, for obvious reasons, but you do still sometimes hear old people refer to them as "n****r balls". And when I looked it up just now I saw that the name was only officially changed by the Swedish Academy in 2006. :shock:

They're soft balls of cocoa, sugar, oats and butter and are really good if they're done right, though there's a tendency to cover them in pearl sugar instead of coconut flakes, or just overdo the sugar content and make them a bit sickly-sweet.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Mar 2019, 13:55

My 97-year old father-in-law has been living with us for almost a month now. For the past few days he's has a cold and has been spending the nights constantly coughing up phlegm and basically sounding like he's dying. I had to help B move him in his bed yesterday evening, 'cause he's not strong enough to move himself, and he was moaning and his dentures were chattering and jesus christ I know we're doing right by him, but I want my fucking house and my life back.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Mar 2019, 20:07

That's tough. Harv. You're of course spot on that you're doing right, but of course you want your house and life back, and those two things both make perfect sense. Take very many deep breaths.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 08 Mar 2019, 11:55

Off work this week and siting at home channel flipping came across Eamon Holmes telling Stacy Solomon - "You're so intelligent"
What does he know that we don't ?
We're way past rhubarb

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 08 Mar 2019, 19:41

About 18 months ago, I wrote a post about inviting my over 80-years-old mother-in-law live in our house.

We've had our ups and downs since, it wasn't always easy, but it saddens me to say that she passed away last Monday, merely days after suffering a really bad stroke. She was a grand old lady with a mind of her own and I already miss her.

Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 08 Mar 2019, 20:36

I'm so sorry Felix. You did great things for her x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 09 Mar 2019, 01:50

My condolences, Felix.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 09 Mar 2019, 03:05

I've been working a lot lately on nights and weekends, writing papers for continuing education presentations. One of the presentations involves a long running law paper that is updated every year with new developments in my specific field. The paper is about 70 pages long and I'm going to be taking over responsibility for it. I want to do all the research on my own and re-write it from stem to stern, but I don't have time for that now and the new version is due shortly, so I'm just editing it so I can live with my name being on it and FUCK ME IF IT ISN'T A PAIN IN THE ASS to edit this thing. It's written almost completely in the passive voice with lots of ponderous legalisms and a lot of "which" thrown around. It would seriously be easier to just write the fucker. I have to re-write almost every other sentence. I've never actually read it cover to cover and it's eating me alive. I usually like editing things, but this is a nightmare. Of course, no one reads it, they just search for the answer to their problem with a word search, if they do that. :roll: :lol:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Mar 2019, 16:18

I’m sat in a diner with Nick and Cath drinking cocktails and getting ready for a day of loud rock and roll!

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 Mar 2019, 16:41

SXSW?

Rebecca and I are going to make pupusas today. A friend from Honduras has been making them for us lately and we want to give ot a shot. Hopefully they'll be edible.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Mar 2019, 16:49

I fired two people yesterday - long-time employees. It was at the behest of my client and company higher-ups, but it sure sucks depriving people of their livelihood.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Mar 2019, 16:51

Six String wrote:SXSW?

Rebecca and I are going to make pupusas today. A friend from Honduras has been making them for us lately and we want to give ot a shot. Hopefully they'll be edible.

Yes SXSW!

Dr Markus wrote:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 14 Mar 2019, 18:23

I recently saw someone refer to it as SeXSaW.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Mar 2019, 20:26

Day 3 of 70 degree (F) weather and I'm enjoying it at Two Rivers Cider, listening to the Pogues. Sinking pints of Vince's superb cider (bone dry).

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Mar 2019, 21:12

harvey k-tel wrote:I recently saw someone refer to it as SeXSaW.

:o

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Mar 2019, 21:14

Six String wrote:Day 3 of 70 degree (F) weather and I'm enjoying it at Two Rivers Cider, listening to the Pogues. Sinking pints of Vince's superb cider (bone dry).

Lovely!!
We have had three days of some rather intense indulgence and music. It’s been wonderful. I don’t know whether my ankles or my liver are suffering the most.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Mar 2019, 21:32

Ella Megalast Burls wrote:
Six String wrote:Day 3 of 70 degree (F) weather and I'm enjoying it at Two Rivers Cider, listening to the Pogues. Sinking pints of Vince's superb cider (bone dry).

Lovely!!
We have had three days of some rather intense indulgence and music. It’s been wonderful. I don’t know whether my ankles or my liver are suffering the most.

Where's our review of SXSW? :( :D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Mar 2019, 22:08

When I’m not vomiting what’s left of last nights margaritas into the toilet.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 Mar 2019, 01:16

Btw, pupusas were successful! I had some leftover meatloaf plus some wild mushrooms and some grated cheese to work with. Happy with the results.