MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39206
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: trying to get over

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Count Machuki » 23 Jan 2019, 16:54

Still Baron wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:Some jerk in a humongous pickup truck cut off the lady in front of me at the drive-thru this morning. She honked, I hollered, and dude opened up his window and started explaining to her how disrespectful she was to honk at him, and how she was what was wrong with the world, that nobody had any respect and all this.
So I poked my head out the window, yelled at him that HE was what was wrong with the world today, that he was an asshole and had no right to cut in line and that I hoped they spit in his food.
When I went to pay for my biscuits, the lady in front of me had already paid for me! Score!


Chik-Fil-A is a mixed bag, to be sure.


I hardly need to tell you the racial dynamic that was also at play here, right? :(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 43432
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Still Baron » 23 Jan 2019, 16:58

You don’t, no. :(
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Nolamike
Posts: 13968
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 21:31
Location: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Nolamike » 23 Jan 2019, 17:20

*tap, tap, tap*

Is this thing on?

*tap, tap, tap*

Hope all's well in BCB land! I'm going to try to remember not to be a stranger around here...
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.


Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10623
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Samoan » 23 Jan 2019, 17:42

Nolamike wrote:*tap, tap, tap*

Is this thing on?

*tap, tap, tap*

Hope all's well in BCB land! I'm going to try to remember not to be a stranger around here...

Transmission received. :)

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 36007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby yomptepi » 27 Jan 2019, 19:48

Just back from another weekend in Jersey, and it might be one of the last. The MIL is so much worse it was distressing. She had no clue who we were or where she was. Bid had her usual set of questions about familiar things, but she was blank. She has lost 5 kg in two weeks and is now under six stone. All very sad and we fear she is slipping away. The home say she is sleeping 18 hours a day without medication and is not eating or drinking worth a damn. It is all so fast. The last time we saw her a month ago she was in hospital with a broken hip, but she was cheerful and very conversational and she recognised me from 30 feet away. This time she had no clue who either me or her daughter were.

And then we had the flight home through force 8 gales. Which was just terrifying. Just an awful weekend. Blah.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30233
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Jan 2019, 20:00

That does sound horrible love. I’m sorry. X
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15893
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Belle Lettre » 27 Jan 2019, 21:14

Awful for you both Yomp.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Hugh
Posts: 15773
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 28 Jan 2019, 00:14

Sorry to hear this, Mike. I’ve bee through this twice in the last six months and sometimes you just have to accept that the end is the best possible outcome. It’s not easy but it is for the best.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 36007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby yomptepi » 28 Jan 2019, 00:38

Hugh wrote:Sorry to hear this, Mike. I’ve bee through this twice in the last six months and sometimes you just have to accept that the end is the best possible outcome. It’s not easy but it is for the best.


Thanks Hugh. Yes, I think that is how we feel. It's odd, but since her dementia has got worse over the last year or so, she has been a much nicer person. No barbed comments to Bid, laughing freely at jokes, and even making self deprecating comments. None of these in character with her old self. She was a much nicer person. seeing her now I just want her to be able to be at peace. She is obviously in some distress, and scared, even if she has no idea of what. The next few days are going to very difficult. At least we know she is getting the very best care.
You don't like me...do you?

Six String
Posts: 20297
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 28 Jan 2019, 01:49

It's not easy watching family fall apart in front of you. It makes you feel powerless. It's the icky part of life.

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10623
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Samoan » 28 Jan 2019, 09:19

I'm sorry to read about your Mum-in-law, Yomp.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 40084
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Jan 2019, 04:33

Stay strong, Yomp.
Image

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30233
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Jan 2019, 18:16

We were at a funeral on Saturday and were mildly amused to read in the church literature that gluten -free communion wafers were available.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39206
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: trying to get over

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Count Machuki » 31 Jan 2019, 18:05

I have to lay off my office of 13 people today because it's not a good time to be selling subscriptions or fundraising. They'll be off for a month at least.

Workplace austerity for me until early March. Shit sucks.

Me, I'll take ALL my vacation days and possibly stay employed doing the work of my staff part-time. Also SUCKS.

:( :x :cry:


edit: in Silver Lining news, turns out I have 26 days of vacation time built up. :shock:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30233
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Feb 2019, 01:55

Count Machuki wrote:I have to lay off my office of 13 people today because it's not a good time to be selling subscriptions or fundraising. They'll be off for a month at least.

Workplace austerity for me until early March. Shit sucks.

Me, I'll take ALL my vacation days and possibly stay employed doing the work of my staff part-time. Also SUCKS.

:( :x :cry:


edit: in Silver Lining news, turns out I have 26 days of vacation time built up. :shock:


You should invite right wing Dad to visit for 26 days!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String
Posts: 20297
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 02 Feb 2019, 21:40

I have put together a Mexican pork stew in the slowcooker for tomorrow's dinner. I used some peppers I haven't used before (fresh cherry poppers) and a few of my homegrown mandarinquats along with the usual flavorings and a little hard cider for the liquid. Rebecca is coming over too which is extra cool. I think I'll be serving something bubbly with the meal.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30233
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Feb 2019, 20:26

Six String wrote:I have put together a Mexican pork stew in the slowcooker for tomorrow's dinner. I used some peppers I haven't used before (fresh cherry poppers) and a few of my homegrown mandarinquats along with the usual flavorings and a little hard cider for the liquid. Rebecca is coming over too which is extra cool. I think I'll be serving something bubbly with the meal.


You saucy devil you!

I’m wondering what this chickpea and fennel stew is going to taste like. I cooked it yesterday and was totally true to the recipe, but it calls for a squirt of orange juice on it before you eat it which sounds very wrong. Oh well, we’ll see!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 25469
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby GoogaMooga » 04 Feb 2019, 20:33

How am I doing:

Asperger's
chronic stiff neck
partially numb fingers
sleep apnoea
narcolepsy
overweight
diabetes type 2
lymphodoema
lactic acidosis

otherwise, I'm fine.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Six String
Posts: 20297
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 04 Feb 2019, 22:12

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:I have put together a Mexican pork stew in the slowcooker for tomorrow's dinner. I used some peppers I haven't used before (fresh cherry poppers) and a few of my homegrown mandarinquats along with the usual flavorings and a little hard cider for the liquid. Rebecca is coming over too which is extra cool. I think I'll be serving something bubbly with the meal.


You saucy devil you!

I’m wondering what this chickpea and fennel stew is going to taste like. I cooked it yesterday and was totally true to the recipe, but it calls for a squirt of orange juice on it before you eat it which sounds very wrong. Oh well, we’ll see!


I can't speak for the stew but orange and fennel go well together.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39206
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: trying to get over

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Count Machuki » 05 Feb 2019, 14:48

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I have to lay off my office of 13 people today because it's not a good time to be selling subscriptions or fundraising. They'll be off for a month at least.

Workplace austerity for me until early March. Shit sucks.

Me, I'll take ALL my vacation days and possibly stay employed doing the work of my staff part-time. Also SUCKS.

:( :x :cry:


edit: in Silver Lining news, turns out I have 26 days of vacation time built up. :shock:


You should invite right wing Dad to visit for 26 days!


We're going to his place this weekend! His 70th...I have no idea what to get him as a gift.

As it turns out, we were able to convince the orchestra to tough it out during this weird time, actually increase our hours and try to bring on some new patrons. So, I'm gainfully employed and have un-sacked my whole office.

Right when I was starting to think about what to do with my time off!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D