MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jeemo

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 22 Dec 2018, 20:02

yomptepi wrote:
Jeemo wrote:[

I'm on a low dose of Ramipril, to see how that goes and will be reviewed in the new year.

It can have some side effects. I am sure you be aware fairly soon if you get them. Watch out for a dry repetitive cough.

There are others.

cheers Mikel. I've been warned about that and dizziness. And to note any differences in general.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 22 Dec 2018, 23:58

Sixteen 3-4 year old oak leaf hydrangeas where given to me by an extremely wealthy old lady who is having part of her yard redone because she is bored. I didn't have to dig 'em up, but I did transplant 11 on to my property today. 5 more coming next week maybe. I feel good. Wore out, but good.

Having some lovely locally brewed Belgian style dubbel ale at the moment and hanging with my dog while not paying attention to 'King of Kings' on TCM.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 23 Dec 2018, 01:14

After my mum's passing in September and the onset of vertigo shortly afterwards, which I’m just beginning to get over, I was looking forward to a restful break over the Christmas period. My brother in law died on Friday night so that’s not going to be happening.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Dec 2018, 03:51

Oh, Hugh. :(

Sorry, mate.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 23 Dec 2018, 09:10

I'm so sorry, Hugh.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 23 Dec 2018, 09:14

take care Hugh
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Dec 2018, 09:25

Condolences Hugh. All the best.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 23 Dec 2018, 15:06

Sorry to hear that, Hugh. Take care, man.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Dec 2018, 18:41

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's always tough this time of year, not that anytime is much easier.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 23 Dec 2018, 21:10

Sorry to hear that Hugh, sounds like 2018 hasn't been your kind of year, I hope everything's good for you and yours. I hope you're properly over the vertigo, too, my dad used to suffer with that late in life, and he used to say it was the worst illness he ever went through. Given that he'd had heart attacks, and he wasn't one to complain about anything, I can guess it was pretty bad.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Dec 2018, 19:16

I am BUMMED OUT. I just found out two people that liven this place the fuck up won't be coming around anymore. who will take up the slack?
I'd like you all to do me a favor. Go outside your works or homes, grab some total strangers and sign them up. I think we'll need at least a couple of dozen since those two leave some pretty big shoes to fill. thanks in advance. :(
Don't Feed the Pedants

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 25 Dec 2018, 01:29

Take care Hugh.

Get your head out of your arse sloop and keep posting.

Much love, happy Christmas
A kid swapping a fishing rod for a Dr. Feelgood album.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Dec 2018, 14:58

I’m so sorry to hear your news Hugh! That’s awful.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Dec 2018, 15:01

Our Xmas escapades have been temporarily halted by my first bad cold for seven years. Great timing!
I’m sat in my parent’s house in front of the stove with nuts, bits of chocolate orange and Lemsip. It could be worse.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 29 Dec 2018, 19:28

Rebecca has requested caviar and champagne for NYE, something we haven't done since the 2000 NYE. After all the effort she put forth helping me through my detox how could I say no?

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 02 Jan 2019, 08:43

Oh, this place is dying a slow death with sloop gone... :cry:

Anyway, we just got a phone call from the Neigemonette - she's travelling in South East Asia, staying on Koh Tao island in the south of Thailand and just got informed that the area will be hit by a huge tropical storm by Friday.

Panic ensued, but we could calm her down and think she made all the right decisions.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 02 Jan 2019, 09:01

I’ve been coming up to Min’s dad’s house in West Yorkshire for 8 years or so and finally struck out on the public footpaths a few days ago after years of curiosity. I bought an OS map last time we were here and downloaded the local map to my phone before we came out. I took a little hike out from the house that ascended an overlook and made a rough loop, providing a splendid overlook, with Bingley and Shipley to the east, and green hills and moors in the distance everywhere else. There are photos in other social media spots, but the camera phone isn’t really up to the task. I’ve yet to tire of the scenery here—the dry stone walls, endless green, individual gnarled trees, and stands of woodlands. Coming from where I do, it’s a perfect tonic. The public footpath system is a jewel.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 02 Jan 2019, 09:05

Stille Baron wrote:I’ve been coming up to Min’s dad’s house in West Yorkshire for 8 years or so and finally struck out on the public footpaths a few days ago after years of curiosity. I bought an OS map last time we were here and downloaded the local map to my phone before we came out. I took a little hike out from the house that ascended an overlook and made a rough loop, providing a splendid overlook, with Bingley and Shipley to the east, and green hills and moors in the distance everywhere else. There are photos in other social media spots, but the camera phone isn’t really up to the task. I’ve yet to tire of the scenery here—the dry stone walls, endless green, individual gnarled trees, and stands of woodlands. Coming from where I do, it’s a perfect tonic. The public footpath system is a jewel.

If you like rain, West Yorkshire is lovely.
I’m from Halifax, and had a week there over the festive season. The weather was surprisingly great. Very odd for that time of year.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 02 Jan 2019, 10:06

Neige wrote:Oh, this place is dying a slow death with sloop gone... :cry:

Anyway, we just got a phone call from the Neigemonette - she's travelling in South East Asia, staying on Koh Tao island in the south of Thailand and just got informed that the area will be hit by a huge tropical storm by Friday.

Panic ensued, but we could calm her down and think she made all the right decisions.

Crumbs... what’s happened now?
Who else has left and why?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 02 Jan 2019, 10:30

Fonz wrote:Crumbs... what’s happened now?
Who else has left and why?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30361480

She has a ticket for a boat to Koh Samui and a "good" hotel room on a hill, tomorrow morning, but I suppose that she could also have tried to find a safe building on Koh Tao and sit it out there,

I used the word panic for her initial reaction after someone on social media told her about it...
but there will probably be an increasing panic among the tourists.
By now, word seems to have gotten around and all the boats are full - there's no traffic on Friday and Saturday, when the storm is expected to hit.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge