MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Nov 2018, 16:59

Some pics from fire.

They take cadaver dogs to sites to see if they can sniff out any human remains.

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 17 Nov 2018, 09:05

Incredible pics. Just stunning the damage being done and the bravery of people to fight against that wall of fire.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Nov 2018, 17:50

Last night, my son wanted my ex and my daughter to come over for dinner. He made a shitload of chocolate and ginger cookies and three pizzas, none of which my daughter and ex liked. We have a ton left.

They filled up on the caprese I made with dill goat cheese, roma tomatoes and some very good prosciutto.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 20 Nov 2018, 17:11

I guess I'm in good standing with my son's friend again, Drake.

I know because he left his empty In and Out bag and cups outside our apartment this morning. It's a little prank my son and his friend do to each other.

A couple weeks ago, I came home and the apartment was trashed. I'd seen my son, Drake and another kid, Leon, in front of the apartment. My son had sorta warned me when I was walking to the complex after work, by saying, "The place is a little dirty, Dad, but I'll clean it up."

It was a mess, with candy wrappers, empty cups and video game cartridges strewn all over the place. And they'd gotten food stains on the carpet. I marched out to where the kids were and said, "Hey Drake, Leon. Could I get your addresses so I can come trash your place like you did ours?"

And then I went back inside and changed into my workout clothes and hit the gym, hoping I'd calm down.

The boys made the fatal mistake of going to the gym at the same time and proceeded to throw around weights and shit while I was running on the treadmill. When the one other adult left, I got off the treadmill and told them, "Listen, the playground is in that direction," pointing outside, and continued, "What the fuck were you thinking, trashing the place like that? Leon, Drake, you are both not welcome to the apartment again."

They left fast, without saying a word.

Last night, my son called me at work and asked if Drake could come over. I said, "Yeah, as long as he doesn't trash the place." My son told me it was the other kid, Leon's fault, and Drake didn't do it.

I didn't get into it again, but I told my son when it happened, that he has control of the place and has to set rules. A) To respect where we live and B) because I'm going to get pissed off and I'm coming after him because it's his responsibility.

It's weird when fast food garbage is a symbol of detente.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Nov 2018, 16:24

Here's how I know I'm getting old. Tomorrow morning, I'm playing three-on-three with my nephews before Thanksgiving dinner. When I was younger, I was only worried about running the floor with a team that would stay on the court. Now, I worry about getting in and out of my car after - first, after playing; second, getting home and taking a shower; and third, going back to their place for dinner.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Nov 2018, 16:38

At least you can still do it John. Good for you.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Nov 2018, 16:57

Six String wrote:At least you can still do it John. Good for you.

Ask me if that's true tomorrow.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 21 Nov 2018, 21:20

Here's a pic of myself (be-wigged at the drum kit), Simon the bass player, and a couple of cast members of the original rock opera "Rondeau", which was written by my other bandmate Paul, and which we performed for two nights this past weekend (it was a smashing success, by the way ;)):

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie Mincepie
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Mincepie » 21 Nov 2018, 21:39

Thank you for the invite! I got there two hours late. So I just got on the next plane home :(
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Nov 2018, 14:04

I appreciate you making the effort!

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 22 Nov 2018, 17:15

A fekkin flue Harv!!?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Nov 2018, 18:13

A fekkin tin whistle, actually.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Nov 2018, 06:04

I was already to go play hoops on Thanksgiving morning when my ex called and told me my son's face and nuts were all swollen.

I spend Thanksgiving morning in the ER. The doctor really couldn't figure out what it is so he prescribed antibiotics. This morning, his face was even worse and when I mentioned going back to the ER, my son freaked and had his mom pick him up.

My daughter and I are pro medical help, but my ex and son get scared and paranoid of doctors and hospitals. I constantly have to call my daughter and ask her how her brother is.The reason I had to miss hoops is because my ex was "uncomfortable" going to ER.

And I don't want anyone's opinion. I'm just venting.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 24 Nov 2018, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 24 Nov 2018, 09:12

Vent away Sloop. hope Derek gets better soon.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 24 Nov 2018, 18:39

harvey k-tel wrote:A fekkin tin whistle, actually.

Hippy.

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Nov 2018, 18:51

sloopjohnc wrote:I was already to go play hoops on Thanksgiving morning when my ex called and told me my son's face and nuts were all swollen.

I spend Thanksgiving morning in the ER. The doctor really couldn't figure out what it is so he prescribed antibiotics. This morning, his face was even worse and when I mentioned going back to the ER, my son freaked and had his mom pick him up.

My daughter and I are pro medical help, but my ex and son get scared and paranoid of doctors and hospitals. I constantly have to call my daughter and ask her how her brother is.The reason I had to miss hoops is because my ex was "uncomfortable" going to ER.

That's an interesting combination of symptoms Derek has. Allergic reaction? No wonder the MD was perplexed. Hope it resolves soon.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Nov 2018, 00:11

Six String wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:I was already to go play hoops on Thanksgiving morning when my ex called and told me my son's face and nuts were all swollen.

That's an interesting combination of symptoms Derek has. Allergic reaction? No wonder the MD was perplexed. Hope it resolves soon.

He still looks like Rocky Balboa, but it's getting better. He's wearing Jackie O shades around, which is kinda funny.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 27 Nov 2018, 21:50

I have had it up to here with cuddly carrots. :evil:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Nov 2018, 22:45

Good word I learned the other day: petrichor

It's the smell of the earth after it rains.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Nov 2018, 00:02

...or is it the smell of the rain after it hits the earth...?