MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Polishgirl

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Nov 2018, 00:46

When you have a fucked knee and four cats who are all suddenly obsessed with sitting on your fucked knee.....and your workplace is fizzing with inter-colleague hatred....and the only thing you get through the post today is a free sample of Tena Lady products.....
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 02 Nov 2018, 09:51

..or you kindly offer to spend the night at your son's to help with the, currently, nocturnal baby and have to get up at 6 to run home for breakfast before getting ready for work.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Nov 2018, 11:39

Belle Lettre wrote:..or you kindly offer to spend the night at your son's to help with the, currently, nocturnal baby and have to get up at 6 to run home for breakfast before getting ready for work.

FOL
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Nov 2018, 15:26

Belle Lettre wrote:..or you kindly offer to spend the night at your son's to help with the, currently, nocturnal baby and have to get up at 6 to run home for breakfast before getting ready for work.

Man, I remember those days. Except they were our babies and not my children's.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2018, 07:08

I lost my house key. LSS, someone turned it into the police and I got it back! :D
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 04 Nov 2018, 23:45

I have successfully transitioned from milk to dark chocolate. FINALLY, I am sophisticated.

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Nov 2018, 18:27

Polishgirl wrote:I have successfully transitioned from milk to dark chocolate. FINALLY, I am sophisticated.

Or just eating untainted chocolate. ;)

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 05 Nov 2018, 20:17

Due to my hectic rock n roll lifestyle i have a knackered ankle. Thought I'd had a recurrence of the strained ligaments i had years ago. Turns out ive got some gout in my ankle. Usual causes are things i dont really do, excess alcohol, red meat etc. So no pleasure for plenty pain, thanks god.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 05 Nov 2018, 20:53

Jeemo wrote:Due to my hectic rock n roll lifestyle i have a knackered ankle. Thought I'd had a recurrence of the strained ligaments i had years ago. Turns out ive got some gout in my ankle. Usual causes are things i dont really do, excess alcohol, red meat etc. So no pleasure for plenty pain, thanks god.

Gout does seem to be pretty random. My old boss used to get it in his toes and ankles, and he was absolutely rigid in the things he did to avoid it. I think he might even have used that same expression. I understand H*roin works well as a pain killer.
You don't like me...do you?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 05 Nov 2018, 22:24

yomptepi wrote:
Jeemo wrote:Due to my hectic rock n roll lifestyle i have a knackered ankle. Thought I'd had a recurrence of the strained ligaments i had years ago. Turns out ive got some gout in my ankle. Usual causes are things i dont really do, excess alcohol, red meat etc. So no pleasure for plenty pain, thanks god.

Gout does seem to be pretty random. My old boss used to get it in his toes and ankles, and he was absolutely rigid in the things he did to avoid it. I think he might even have used that same expression. I understand H*roin works well as a pain killer.

Phones up dealer......got any pies?

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 06 Nov 2018, 11:23

allopurinol

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 06 Nov 2018, 12:24

Toby wrote:allopurinol

Thanks Toby, could be an option, once this attack is over I've to get a blood test, then a decision will be made on whether I need to go on medication. I'd rather not be on medication for the rest of my chuff.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 06 Nov 2018, 12:53

Jeemo wrote:

Thanks Toby, could be an option, once this attack is over I've to get a blood test, then a decision will be made on whether I need to go on medication. I'd rather not be on medication for the rest of my chuff.

I am on three different tablets( seven in all) which I will be on for ever. it makes me annoyed, but then I think , would I rather be crippled by diabetes and high blood pressure, or take a handful of pills every day? even taking account the side effects, it is still a no brainer.
You don't like me...do you?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 06 Nov 2018, 14:06

yomptepi wrote:
Jeemo wrote:

I am on three different tablets( seven in all) which I will be on for ever. it makes me annoyed, but then I think , would I rather be crippled by diabetes and high blood pressure, or take a handful of pills every day? even taking account the side effects, it is still a no brainer.

Slightly different situation Michael. I dont have recurring Gout on a regular basis. Three bouts in nearly 7 years so far. Not a daily condition. If i had different issues and required daily meds then fine but at the moment I dont have that requirement.

Is one the side effects being allergic to Paul Weller?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Nov 2018, 16:28

As I mentioned, six months ago, late March to be semi-exact, I got gout for the first time. I stopped drinking alcohol, eating red meat and offal meats, and went heavy on veggies, except tomatoes and other foods that can cause gout. Started taking vitamin C, which is said to help ward it off.

But I kept getting flare-ups and my doctor prescribed me some pills for the occasional bouts.

I went to a podiatrist a few weeks ago, and like you, she said it's because I have arthritis in my ankle, and that's probably the cause of it, not my diet. I'm glad I made the change, but my doctor asked me if I want to go on what Toby mentioned. I kinda knew that, because ankle x-rays have shown lots of floating stuff in my ankles because of years of athletics. I even fractured it once and never knew it.

I declined. I already take blood pressure medicine, although that's gone down since I changed my diet, and a pill each night for my prostate. I didn't want to take another one and an occasional pill does just fine if I catch it soon enough.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Nov 2018, 16:27

A little backstory: On Monday, I had to pick up my son from school before lunch because he'd hit his head in PE and it started bleeding. No stitches or anything, but the school wanted me to take him home.

Last night, I asked my son how school and his day had been. Among the things, he told me had a history test and explained it this way. "Yeah, I had a history test and even with a minor concussion I aced it and kids around me wanted to copy off me." He also told me how great he'd done in PE that day.

I told him, "You wanna know your greatest character trait, Derek?"

He said, "Yeah."

"Humility," I told him. I don't think he got the joke because he said, "Yeah, I am pretty humble."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Nov 2018, 16:08

The latest wildfire in Butte County is almost 200 miles away from me and I live very close to San Francisco Bay and the Pacific. The haze is so bad that I can't see the East Bay hills two miles away.

Our database guy at work had his daughter, three grandkids, uncle and aunt who lived in Paradise, the nexus of the fire, and they all got out but their houses are all gone.

Six String

Postby Six String » 09 Nov 2018, 16:25

Last night on the evening news the fire was moving at a rate of 80 acres a minute! Lots of hills and canyons so another difficult fire to fight and no rain in sight.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 09 Nov 2018, 19:19

My conservatory is leaking, my knee is hurting and I may take to drink. :(

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Nov 2018, 16:26

sloopjohnc wrote:Our database guy at work had his daughter, three grandkids, uncle and aunt who lived in Paradise, the nexus of the fire, and they all got out but their houses are all gone.

The radio report from there was so surreal: "I'm here in Paradise, it's a burning Hellscape..."

What a pity - hope there's not too much loss of life.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D