MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Jul 2018, 20:16

My son and I were eating lunch at a Mexican restaurant yesterday and they had the Denmark/Croatia match on.

Out of nowhere, my son turned t me and said, "Why are soccer players so damn fancy?"
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Jul 2018, 22:17

My son and I were watching Black Mirror this weekend on my tablet. Part of what we did during the show was try to guess the twist at the end. I guessed one and my son went off on how stupid I was and how that couldn't possibly be it.

Turns out I was right. I told him, "I've learned a little watching 40 years of Twilight Zones."
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 24917
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby souphound » 03 Jul 2018, 15:03

We're going through a major league heat wave here now. Yesterday, I went to sit on my balcony, barefoot. Man, my parasol was not open, so the balcony floor was stupid hot. I rapidly opened the parasol up to get some shade and sat in my favorite chair. Problem was, some of the plastic joints of the chair had partly melted. So the chair folds up, sending me ass over tea kettle into the brick wall. Lucky, I didn't get hurt but holy crap it's hot out there. And it'll be like that all week.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jul 2018, 17:03

souphound wrote:We're going through a major league heat wave here now. Yesterday, I went to sit on my balcony, barefoot. Man, my parasol was not open, so the balcony floor was stupid hot. I rapidly opened the parasol up to get some shade and sat in my favorite chair. Problem was, some of the plastic joints of the chair had partly melted. So the chair folds up, sending me ass over tea kettle into the brick wall. Lucky, I didn't get hurt but holy crap it's hot out there. And it'll be like that all week.


That's hot.

I don't do well in heat and my apartment is on the top floor - so with the heat rising and then beating down on the roof, my apartment gets to 80 degrees when it's hot. I had to buy a big ass swamp cooler because my built in A/C is a joke. The cooler and the fan at least make it tolerable.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 24917
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby souphound » 03 Jul 2018, 19:41

sloopjohnc wrote:
souphound wrote:We're going through a major league heat wave here now. Yesterday, I went to sit on my balcony, barefoot. Man, my parasol was not open, so the balcony floor was stupid hot. I rapidly opened the parasol up to get some shade and sat in my favorite chair. Problem was, some of the plastic joints of the chair had partly melted. So the chair folds up, sending me ass over tea kettle into the brick wall. Lucky, I didn't get hurt but holy crap it's hot out there. And it'll be like that all week.


That's hot.

I don't do well in heat and my apartment is on the top floor - so with the heat rising and then beating down on the roof, my apartment gets to 80 degrees when it's hot. I had to buy a big ass swamp cooler because my built in A/C is a joke. The cooler and the fan at least make it tolerable.



The big problem here (Montreal) is that when it gets hot, it gets very humid too. The hot air loads up with humidity over the Great Lakes and brings that here. Most unpleasant.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 39041
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Jul 2018, 20:48

It was 100°F here yesterday, and our AC broke down. It'll be fixed Thursday, but in the meantime we're going to a hotel.
Image

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Jul 2018, 18:09

Today, I came out to my car in my complex's car port and some guy had hit one of the posts and busted on of his front headlights and wrecked the whole front quarter panel. The way he hit it, it was like he was aiming for it and I couldn't figure out how he'd done it.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29272
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Matt Wilson » 05 Jul 2018, 19:32

It's gonna be over 100 degrees this weekend and my AC has been on the fritz for over a week. I complain, the manager sends the same guy out every time who can't seem to fix it, and I'm back to complaining again the next day. It even leaks through the ceiling now.

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42687
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby LeBaron » 05 Jul 2018, 19:41

Matt Wilson wrote:It's gonna be over 100 degrees this weekend and my AC has been on the fritz for over a week. I complain, the manager sends the same guy out every time who can't seem to fix it, and I'm back to complaining again the next day. It even leaks through the ceiling now.


Look at your lease and get real with them if you haven’t already. 100 with no A/C is dangerous. Landlords around here don’t play games when there are A/C problems.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29272
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Matt Wilson » 05 Jul 2018, 22:02

LeBaron wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:It's gonna be over 100 degrees this weekend and my AC has been on the fritz for over a week. I complain, the manager sends the same guy out every time who can't seem to fix it, and I'm back to complaining again the next day. It even leaks through the ceiling now.


Look at your lease and get real with them if you haven’t already. 100 with no A/C is dangerous. Landlords around here don’t play games when there are A/C problems.


It was still producing cool air when I left for work this morning. It's the fact that it's dripping through the roof and onto my carpet which worries me.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Jul 2018, 22:07

Matt Wilson wrote:
LeBaron wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:It's gonna be over 100 degrees this weekend and my AC has been on the fritz for over a week. I complain, the manager sends the same guy out every time who can't seem to fix it, and I'm back to complaining again the next day. It even leaks through the ceiling now.


Look at your lease and get real with them if you haven’t already. 100 with no A/C is dangerous. Landlords around here don’t play games when there are A/C problems.


It was still producing cool air when I left for work this morning. It's the fact that it's dripping through the roof and onto my carpet which worries me.


Maybe you should move to Austin.

Sounds like they don't fuck around when it comes to A/C, BBQ or chili.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42687
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby LeBaron » 05 Jul 2018, 22:20

That’s all true but it’s also balls hot for half of the year.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 29272
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Jul 2018, 00:50

I love Texas but I don't think I'm ever gonna live in a red state again, thank you.

Six String
Posts: 20055
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 06 Jul 2018, 01:00

I am now beginning month five of weaning myself off my pain meds. I am now taking five mg q4-6 hrs and I plan on stopping completely next month. Back in February I was taking 60mg q 12hrs plus 20-30 mg spread out through the day. Now it's 20-30 mg in a 24hr period. It's been a long haul but I'm finally seeing the end of the road. I'm grateful that my addiction was medical induced and not me trying to get high every day as I have no desire to return to this life I've lived for twelve years. I'm glad I took so long to get to this point as it has kept any withdrawl symptoms to a minimum and though I've had some unpleasant days, my desire to rid myself of this malady has kept me focused and on point. I've been reading boks like a crazy bastard to keep my mind occupied.

In other news, Rebecca and I have been spending time together for the last few months. She started coming out to my dj gigs at my friend's cidery (is that a word?) and we've gone out to dinner a few times. Last night she spent the night, the first time we've slept together in a few years. Not sure where this is going but I'm pretty happy right now.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 39041
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Jul 2018, 01:08

Six String wrote:I am now beginning month five of weaning myself off my pain meds. I am now taking five mg q4-6 hrs and I plan on stopping completely next month. Back in February I was taking 60mg q 12hrs plus 20-30 mg spread out through the day. Now it's 20-30 mg in a 24hr period. It's been a long haul but I'm finally seeing the end of the road. I'm grateful that my addiction was medical induced and not me trying to get high every day as I have no desire to return to this life I've lived for twelve years. I'm glad I took so long to get to this point as it has kept any withdrawl symptoms to a minimum and though I've had some unpleasant days, my desire to rid myself of this malady has kept me focused and on point. I've been reading boks like a crazy bastard to keep my mind occupied.

In other news, Rebecca and I have been spending time together for the last few months. She started coming out to my dj gigs at my friend's cidery (is that a word?) and we've gone out to dinner a few times. Last night she spent the night, the first time we've slept together in a few years. Not sure where this is going but I'm pretty happy right now.

*Like*
Image

User avatar
souphound
World Class Ignoramus
Posts: 24917
Joined: 27 Oct 2003, 19:49
Location: Tralfamadore, with Montana Wildhack

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby souphound » 06 Jul 2018, 02:11

[quote="Six String"][/quote]

In fact, where’s the applause button? Difficult long journey close to being achieved in full. Good on you sir Les.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 39694
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 06 Jul 2018, 03:36

Great news, Les!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String
Posts: 20055
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 06 Jul 2018, 03:41

Thanks guys. It's not been easy but I've been very methodical in my process and that has helped keep me on track. I know it sounded crazy at the beginning to do this without my md but I lost all trust in the guy and didn't think my plan was unreasonable. Recommecting with my friend, the cider maker and djing at his tasting room has really helped which goes to show once again that music is a powerful thing. I've actually got fans now who are very supportive which has also been a great boost.

Thanks John!

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23051
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Toby » 06 Jul 2018, 10:24

Got my dad into the same home that my mum saw out her last days. They had one free space and it was my first port of call. A sense of relief for everyone as he knows it, they remembered him and we know the care is very good.

Now going to Hay on Wye for the weekend to let off steam at a festival.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20550
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 06 Jul 2018, 10:49

take care Toby it's a stressful time for you and your family
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.