MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29464
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Jun 2018, 18:13

Oh!
Where are you going with this? Help us out here.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jun 2018, 18:34

Minnie the Minx wrote:Oh!
Where are you going with this? Help us out here.


Frank and I give each other crap on here all the time. He kids me, I kid him - it was geared more towards Jumper K seeing it and responding.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Jumper K
Posts: 1342
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 16:25

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jumper K » 07 Jun 2018, 19:21

sloopjohnc wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Oh!
Where are you going with this? Help us out here.


Frank and I give each other crap on here all the time. He kids me, I kid him - it was geared more towards Jumper K seeing it and responding.

Fuck you Yankee blue jeans.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Jun 2018, 19:23

Jumper K wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Oh!
Where are you going with this? Help us out here.


Frank and I give each other crap on here all the time. He kids me, I kid him - it was geared more towards Jumper K seeing it and responding.

Fuck you Yankee blue jeans.


:lol:

Now, that hurts.

I wish you'd have called me that before my son was born. We would've had a first and middle name.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 07 Jun 2018, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Jumper K
Posts: 1342
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 16:25

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jumper K » 07 Jun 2018, 19:25

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jumper K wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Frank and I give each other crap on here all the time. He kids me, I kid him - it was geared more towards Jumper K seeing it and responding.

Fuck you Yankee blue jeans.


:lol:

Now, that hurts.

I wish you'd have called me that before my son was born. We would've had a first and middle name.

Fuck and you?

User avatar
Jumper K
Posts: 1342
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 16:25

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jumper K » 07 Jun 2018, 19:25

:mrgreen:

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Jun 2018, 22:52

Going to dinner tomorrow night to the place where they filmed this video.

Used to be a favorite of my mom and dad's.

WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Jun 2018, 15:36

The Golden State Warriors are NBA champs - three of the last four years.

This was a team, that won a surprise NBA championship just as I was becoming a huge sports fan, when I was 13. After that, it was no playoffs for 22 years and no all-star for almost 20. Every season, I went into it saying that the Warriors weren't going to suck me in, but my loyalty won out.

I spent many seasons where my only hope was that they'd get a lottery pick in the draft and then they'd botch that.

I'm walking on air for the second year in a row.

I love music, and it means a lot to me, but I probably love sports just as much. I'm a hack at both, but was a much better athlete, so can relate a little more. There was a span, between the ages of 25 to 40, that I didn't go more than two days not playing basketball in one form or another. I told my wife once to scatter my ashes over Candlestick Park, the old home of the SF 49ers and SF Giants.

Now, it will probably be to scatter my ashes over AT&T Park and the new home of the Warriors, Chase Center, which will be a mile apart in San Francisco.

Three out of four kids in the Bay will be wearing Curry 30 jerseys today. I guarantee it.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Posts: 16219
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 11:11
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Neige » 10 Jun 2018, 08:34

yomptepi wrote:I quit my job about a week ago, and today is my first day as an unemployed person. I have so much to do. Joining the Labour party ,( obviously) is my first priority. The house is going on the market next Thursday, so we have to clear it, redecorate some bits, get bits fixed and so on. Once sold, we are moving to Ilfracombe, hopefully by xmas. I am not sure if I have retired, or I am taking a sabbatical. I suppose that will depend on work opportunities in Ilfracombe. In the medium term money is not a problem, but I suspect what I consider to a decent nest egg will shrink with alarming alacrity.

The main thing is that I have finally escaped from from my wretched hateful job. Hurrah for me.


Best of luck with the move and the new phase in your life - I just googled Ilfracombe... what a gorgeous place!! :P
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5297
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Darkness_Fish » 10 Jun 2018, 18:29

Just had a huge argument with the missus. We've been in the outskirts of Hamburg for a wedding this weekend, flight back to Manchester has been cancelled, and we're in a 5 star hotel near the city centre. Unfortunately, we're a group of nine, and my wife thinks it'd look awkward to eat right away, and not wait for everyone else. Whereas I want to get out and see the sights, given the unexpected bonus night.

It wouldn't be weird to say, we fancy heading out, would it? I've never been before, never that likely to come again.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 936
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby hippopotamus » 10 Jun 2018, 19:35

yomptepi wrote:I quit my job about a week ago, and today is my first day as an unemployed person. I have so much to do. Joining the Labour party ,( obviously) is my first priority. The house is going on the market next Thursday, so we have to clear it, redecorate some bits, get bits fixed and so on. Once sold, we are moving to Ilfracombe, hopefully by xmas. I am not sure if I have retired, or I am taking a sabbatical. I suppose that will depend on work opportunities in Ilfracombe. In the medium term money is not a problem, but I suspect what I consider to a decent nest egg will shrink with alarming alacrity.

The main thing is that I have finally escaped from from my wretched hateful job. Hurrah for me.



Hurray for you!

It sounds like no one could deserve a break and a bit of good luck for once.
Ill miss photos of your lovely house and the wall paper I covet so much... but I guess there are good things in Devon too.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?


Indeed, what is point?

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 10 Jun 2018, 23:53

Darkness_Fish wrote:Just had a huge argument with the missus. We've been in the outskirts of Hamburg for a wedding this weekend, flight back to Manchester has been cancelled, and we're in a 5 star hotel near the city centre. Unfortunately, we're a group of nine, and my wife thinks it'd look awkward to eat right away, and not wait for everyone else. Whereas I want to get out and see the sights, given the unexpected bonus night.

It wouldn't be weird to say, we fancy heading out, would it? I've never been before, never that likely to come again.


I'd do what I wanted to do. Shit, you hung out with people at the reception, probably, right?
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5297
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Darkness_Fish » 11 Jun 2018, 06:54

sloopjohnc wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:Just had a huge argument with the missus. We've been in the outskirts of Hamburg for a wedding this weekend, flight back to Manchester has been cancelled, and we're in a 5 star hotel near the city centre. Unfortunately, we're a group of nine, and my wife thinks it'd look awkward to eat right away, and not wait for everyone else. Whereas I want to get out and see the sights, given the unexpected bonus night.

It wouldn't be weird to say, we fancy heading out, would it? I've never been before, never that likely to come again.


I'd do what I wanted to do. Shit, you hung out with people at the reception, probably, right?

Yeah, I passed on the meal entirely, and went on a solo tour of the city. I thought any other decision was incomprehensible. It meant I had a McDonald's, instead of fine dining, and faced the wrath of the wife, but it was worth it.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Jun 2018, 19:17

My son beat me in arm wrestling last night (but I beat him once too). He's about the same age I beat my dad for the first time.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16440
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby gash on ignore » 11 Jun 2018, 21:23

That’s how D_F should’ve sorted out his dilemma last night.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say


User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jun 2018, 16:54

I don't wanna jinx anything, but I had a pretty successful interview I think with a DSL company. The founder of the company is considered the father of DSL, for whatever that's worth, and it has lots of his Stanford students in engineering. The CEO wants to talk to me again by phone.

I'd be the marcom manager. It's not a bad commute - 40 to 50 minutes each way across the Bay, but way more work and much less convenient.

But that's the way it goes.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20550
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 14 Jun 2018, 16:59

good luck Sloop

I got a Happy Fathers Day today in the post from the Curly Wurly Gurly. Included was a drawing of her for me. It got a bit Smokey in here.
Last edited by Jeemo on 14 Jun 2018, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62447
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jun 2018, 18:20

Jeemo wrote:I got a Happy Fathers Day today in the post from the Curly Wurly Curly. Included was a drawing of her for me. It got a bit Smokey in here.


Nice.

Is the UK's Father's Day the same as US? Aren't the Mother's Days different though?
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20550
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Jeemo » 14 Jun 2018, 18:42

sloopjohnc wrote:
Jeemo wrote:I got a Happy Fathers Day today in the post from the Curly Wurly Curly. Included was a drawing of her for me. It got a bit Smokey in here.


Nice.

Is the UK's Father's Day the same as US? Aren't the Mother's Days different though?



yes and yes
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Hugh
Posts: 15612
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Hugh » 16 Jun 2018, 13:00

If he hadn't died a couple of months after his 57th birthday, or at any time afterwards obviously, today would have been my dad's 100th birthday.