MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 May 2018, 05:26

Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Had an excruciating date with a women last night - one of the longest two hours of my life. It was like she was trying to prove how smart and cultured she was to me. She kept saying how she went to UCLA like it was fucking Harvard. It was 30 years ago!

But it seemed important to her. Sometimes people treat these things like job interviews where they feel like they need to impress someone.

I'm easily impressed and she didn't have to try nearly so hard.

I used the word "offal" last night and she corrected my pronunciation. I looked it up this morning and I was pronouncing it correctly, which I thought I was. My point is I'm not super keen on people who feel the need to correct other people if you know what they mean, but if they do, get it fucking right before you do.

She also tried schooling me on hip hop too somewhere in the conversation and tried telling me who Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa and the Sugarhill Gang were.

Yeah, sure.

I could do an entire thread on dates I've had in the last few years. There are more bizarre people out there passing themselves off as normal than I could have ever imagined... I had a woman last month asking me for money before I'd even met her. Needless to say, I never did. Another one I actually did date more than once, wanted to keep seeing me while she dated other guys. She seemed completely nonplussed when I told her if we were going to keep on then she'd have to stop seeing other people.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now as each story reminds me of another one. I could be typing for hours.

I went out with a woman friend tonight who I've known since 6th grade to see her grown son act in a play. We're just friends and I was telling her the story of my date. She said that's why she doesn't do online dating.

She told me some crazy stories about guys though too - and I've heard some doozies from other women. We're just as bad, if not worse.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 13 May 2018, 06:45

sloopjohnc wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
She also tried schooling me on hip hop too somewhere in the conversation and tried telling me who Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa and the Sugarhill Gang were.

Yeah, sure.

I could do an entire thread on dates I've had in the last few years. There are more bizarre people out there passing themselves off as normal than I could have ever imagined... I had a woman last month asking me for money before I'd even met her. Needless to say, I never did. Another one I actually did date more than once, wanted to keep seeing me while she dated other guys. She seemed completely nonplussed when I told her if we were going to keep on then she'd have to stop seeing other people.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now as each story reminds me of another one. I could be typing for hours.

I went out with a woman friend tonight who I've known since 6th grade to see her grown son act in a play. We're just friends and I was telling her the story of my date. She said that's why she doesn't do online dating.

She told me some crazy stories about guys though too - and I've heard some doozies from other women. We're just as bad, if not worse.

Oh, men are far worse. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard stories from women about how they have been abused by men over the past few years. No, there is no comparison. Men are far worse.
Thinking about Mexican food.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 May 2018, 13:07

Just got a laugh out of the sky tv customer service guy by being honest.

"Can I ask why do you want to cancel sky sports?"
"Premiership's finished"
" *laughs* ok, at least your honest".

I kinda know where he's coming from. My Father used to make up a large spiel when chatting to Sky about cancelling stuff. Just be honest, you're not really fooling them.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 14 May 2018, 15:19

Just arrived in Bulgaria's fair Sofia, after setting out 19 hours ago. Unexpected overnight stop in Frankfurt, followed by an unexpected brief diversion to Bucharest.

Pity they couldn't just have sent us back home.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 May 2018, 17:12

Conversation with my daughter in the car going to get our dog's hair cut.

Devon: Derek (her brother) is the smartest dumb guy I've ever met.

Me: You know, my friends used to say the same thing about me.

Devon; You're just dumb.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 May 2018, 18:20

We took my ex and my dad's old companion, the kids' ostensible grandmother, to lunch yesterday at a local restaurant. After the waiter gave us the menus, my daughter announced that he had tried to hook up with her on Tinder.

It's a family owned restaurant. I was sitting at the end of the table facing the wall I had to look at a photo of the kids. The waiter was one of them.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 14 May 2018, 23:24

After a terrible day of death in Gaza juxtaposed with hubris in Jerusalem, I got the news that an ex of mine had died. Be at peace, Jo. It's a long time since we spilt Ribena on the pillowcase in your mum's spare room. Don't ask.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 00:38

Belle Lettre wrote:After a terrible day of death in Gaza juxtaposed with hubris in Jerusalem, I got the news that an ex of mine had died. Be at peace, Jo. It's a long time since we spilt Ribena on the pillowcase in your mum's spare room. Don't ask.

Sorry to hear that.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 May 2018, 02:10

Sorry, Carol love x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 04:02

Had an earthquake tonight - a bouncy one that didn't last long.

Usually they shake or roll, but this one was bouncy.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 15 May 2018, 13:54

Sorry to hear Carol.

Was lucky to enough to go to a wedding in Tuscany over the weekend. I really am a caricature.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 May 2018, 17:57

Our daughter got new shoes yesterday. She was all excited about them already, but we found out this morning they light up with each step! Wow! This made her even more excited. She couldn't wait to show them to her buddies. Then we get to school, and it turns out that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy. What a bummer.

I'm unusually sad about the whole affair.

:(
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 May 2018, 18:03

Count Machuki wrote:Our daughter got new shoes yesterday. She was all excited about them already, but we found out this morning they light up with each step! Wow! This made her even more excited. She couldn't wait to show them to her buddies. Then we get to school, and it turns out that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy. What a bummer.

I'm unusually sad about the whole affair.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 15 May 2018, 18:11

Count Machuki wrote: that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy.

Good lord, why? I thought Montessori schools were supposed to be less restrictive, and all about creative expression?
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 May 2018, 18:20

I had a very short friend with very small feet I used to work with years ago. She was thrilled to get cheap trainers from a child’s store to take away with her on honeymoon to a very flash hotel in Italy. She ran out onto the tennis court in joy only to notice strange looks from her fellow guests. She had unwittingly bought some with flashing purple lights whenever she bounced.

Dr Markus wrote:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 18:32

toomanyhatz wrote:
Count Machuki wrote: that Fancy Montessori School has a strict "no lightup shoes" policy.

Good lord, why? I thought Montessori schools were supposed to be less restrictive, and all about creative expression?

That's what I woulda thunk too.

We checked out a Montessori School for my daughter many moons ago, but I got the impression talking to the teacher that their open expression was very much on their terms. We didn't have her go there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 May 2018, 18:33

toomanyhatz wrote:

You'd think so, right? God knows, I guess it distracts the other kids from curing cancer or figuring our why bad things happen to good people or whatever.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 15 May 2018, 18:34

Minnie the Minx wrote:I had a very short friend with very small feet I used to work with years ago. She was thrilled to get cheap trainers from a child’s store to take away with her on honeymoon to a very flash hotel in Italy. She ran out onto the tennis court in joy only to notice strange looks from her fellow guests. She had unwittingly bought some with flashing purple lights whenever she bounced.

:lol:

Glad it wasn't just us that had no clue the dang things could light up.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2018, 18:38

Count Machuki wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:

You'd think so, right? God knows, I guess it distracts the other kids from curing cancer or figuring our why bad things happen to good people or whatever.

Unlike Minnie's friend, there are only certain windows in life where you can wear shoes that light up or have Elmo on them and get away with it. Those times should be celebrated

kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 15 May 2018, 22:18

Perhaps we could get Donald Glover to write a song about it?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.