Do you want to do the social media?

Nope!

:lol:

Okay, then.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2018, 17:40

Had an excruciating date with a women last night - one of the longest two hours of my life. It was like she was trying to prove how smart and cultured she was to me. She kept saying how she went to UCLA like it was fucking Harvard. It was 30 years ago!

But it seemed important to her. Sometimes people treat these things like job interviews where they feel like they need to impress someone.

I'm easily impressed and she didn't have to try nearly so hard.

I used the word "offal" last night and she corrected my pronunciation. I looked it up this morning and I was pronouncing it correctly, which I thought I was. My point is I'm not super keen on people who feel the need to correct other people if you know what they mean, but if they do, get it fucking right before you do.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2018, 19:18

sloopjohnc wrote:Had an excruciating date with a women last night - one of the longest two hours of my life. It was like she was trying to prove how smart and cultured she was to me. She kept saying how she went to UCLA like it was fucking Harvard. It was 30 years ago!

But it seemed important to her. Sometimes people treat these things like job interviews where they feel like they need to impress someone.

I used the word "offal" last night and she corrected my pronunciation. I looked it up this morning and I was pronouncing it correctly, which I thought I was. My point is I'm not super keen on people who feel the need to correct other people if you know what they mean, but if they do, get it fucking right before you do.

She also tried schooling me on hip hop too somewhere in the conversation and tried telling me who Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa and the Sugarhill Gang were.

Yeah, sure.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 11 May 2018, 19:19

How owfal.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2018, 21:18

gash on ignore wrote:How owfal.

I'm going to put you on Ignore myself for that one.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 12 May 2018, 03:17

sloopjohnc wrote:
She also tried schooling me on hip hop too somewhere in the conversation and tried telling me who Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa and the Sugarhill Gang were.

Yeah, sure.

:o
Oh no she didn't!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 May 2018, 10:01

Just off out to the wilds of West Sussex to see my poor old mum. She has been very poorly lately, and now has a full time live in nurse and a carer. She has been taken off all of her medications, and is surviving on morphine patches. I have no idea what to expect when I get there, but I am sure it will another low blow. I always thought I had a bit of a charmed life, but this last year or so has completely cured me of any such delusion. Once again, remind me never to get old.
You don't like me...do you?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 May 2018, 10:04

Hope you have a good surprise...especially with mother's day tomorrow. All the best.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 12 May 2018, 11:49

Hope she's not too bad, Yomp.
How did your date pronounce "offal", sloop?
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 12 May 2018, 13:53

I'm heading down the highway in a few minutes to my mom's place in Belleville, which is about 200km away. She's selling the house this month and I'm going to help my sister get the place ready for that. My sis lives closer to mom so she's already been going through stuff, deciding what to keep, what to (hopefully) sell, and what to toss. There's a tall filing cabinet full of my dad's papers, and so much other stuff of his that'll be hard to part with, but neither of us are going to ever do anything with it so it's just got to go. Hopefully we can get the house on the market by the 24th of May, and apparently places in that area are selling fairly fast so I hope things go our way. My mom will be moving to my sister's place out in the country when this is all done, so it'll be nice to not have to worry about her being by herself in the old house. Okay, see y'all later!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 12 May 2018, 14:19

Yomp, I’m sorry to hear about your heartbreaking situation. All the best xx

Harv, that will be bittersweet, good luck to you and the family x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 May 2018, 19:03

sloopjohnc wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Had an excruciating date with a women last night - one of the longest two hours of my life. It was like she was trying to prove how smart and cultured she was to me. She kept saying how she went to UCLA like it was fucking Harvard. It was 30 years ago!

Yeah, sure.

I could do an entire thread on dates I've had in the last few years. There are more bizarre people out there passing themselves off as normal than I could have ever imagined... I had a woman last month asking me for money before I'd even met her. Needless to say, I never did. Another one I actually did date more than once, wanted to keep seeing me while she dated other guys. She seemed completely nonplussed when I told her if we were going to keep on then she'd have to stop seeing other people.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now as each story reminds me of another one. I could be typing for hours.
John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 12 May 2018, 19:10

Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Yeah, sure.

I had a woman last month asking me for money before I'd even met her. Needless to say, I never did.

Quick thinking! Always pay ‘em afterwards.

8-)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 May 2018, 19:13

I usually use paypal for my transactions with women.
John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 May 2018, 05:26

Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Yeah, sure.

I could do an entire thread on dates I've had in the last few years. There are more bizarre people out there passing themselves off as normal than I could have ever imagined... I had a woman last month asking me for money before I'd even met her. Needless to say, I never did. Another one I actually did date more than once, wanted to keep seeing me while she dated other guys. She seemed completely nonplussed when I told her if we were going to keep on then she'd have to stop seeing other people.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now as each story reminds me of another one. I could be typing for hours.

I went out with a woman friend tonight who I've known since 6th grade to see her grown son act in a play. We're just friends and I was telling her the story of my date. She said that's why she doesn't do online dating.

She told me some crazy stories about guys though too - and I've heard some doozies from other women. We're just as bad, if not worse.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 13 May 2018, 06:45

sloopjohnc wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Yeah, sure.

I went out with a woman friend tonight who I've known since 6th grade to see her grown son act in a play. We're just friends and I was telling her the story of my date. She said that's why she doesn't do online dating.

She told me some crazy stories about guys though too - and I've heard some doozies from other women. We're just as bad, if not worse.

Oh, men are far worse. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard stories from women about how they have been abused by men over the past few years. No, there is no comparison. Men are far worse.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 May 2018, 13:07

Just got a laugh out of the sky tv customer service guy by being honest.

"Can I ask why do you want to cancel sky sports?"
"Premiership's finished"
" *laughs* ok, at least your honest".

I kinda know where he's coming from. My Father used to make up a large spiel when chatting to Sky about cancelling stuff. Just be honest, you're not really fooling them.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 14 May 2018, 15:19

Just arrived in Bulgaria's fair Sofia, after setting out 19 hours ago. Unexpected overnight stop in Frankfurt, followed by an unexpected brief diversion to Bucharest.

Pity they couldn't just have sent us back home.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 May 2018, 17:12

Conversation with my daughter in the car going to get our dog's hair cut.

Devon: Derek (her brother) is the smartest dumb guy I've ever met.

Me: You know, my friends used to say the same thing about me.

Devon; You're just dumb.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 May 2018, 18:20

We took my ex and my dad's old companion, the kids' ostensible grandmother, to lunch yesterday at a local restaurant. After the waiter gave us the menus, my daughter announced that he had tried to hook up with her on Tinder.

It's a family owned restaurant. I was sitting at the end of the table facing the wall I had to look at a photo of the kids. The waiter was one of them.